No time for Prenatal classes :(

I'm expecting number 4 and I never went to any classes. I think one of the most important things is as some one previously said, push like you are doing a poo. I was pushing wrong for a while before i understood that. I thought pushing was done with the 'lady bits'.

I didn't take any classes except CPR. The only thing I'd suggest is at least knowing where L&D is in your hsp. My water broke early and I went to the hsp and had no idea where L&D was and there wasn't anyone sitting at the information desk in the lobby. Oh, and yes, pushing. thank goodness my sister was with me and had delivered 3 babies and she told me to push like I was pooing. Baby was out in less than 15 minutes. GL

Hey ladies,

I am so glad with so many of you saying it is OK not to attend classes. Really, I think I'd be really bad at remembering stuff during labor too :haha: And I know that the key is to trust my OB and nurses at that time. I wish the other 'experienced' moms in real life wont make me feel that guilty about the classes though. :wacko:

I also didn't have time with my first. My husband and I did do this free class online and found it marginally useful: https://www.babycenter.com/childbirth-class

I came across this too! Glad you found it good :)

I didn't do the classes and the ONLY two things they may have tought me that I really wish I knew going in is:

1 - push like you are going poo (I spend the first 30 min of my 45 min pushing time pushing wrong!)
2 - if you get an eppidurral, when they are putting it in your back it sends little shock feelings down your spine and legs - this is normal and nothing to worry about at all. (but very scary if you are not expecting it!)

Really! :shrug: well who knew! thanks for the tip! :haha: Hard to believe it but I see other moms agreeing here, wow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->