• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No weight loss, depsite breastfeeding and eating well- what to do?

sevenofnine

Reaction score
I am looking to start loosing some of the extra weight I've kept on after I had my daughter 7 months ago.

I am breastfeeding, but even despite eating well (I never ate bad... no soda, sweets, salad without any fatty dressings, etc.) I have not been able to shift the last 10lbs. The funny thing is I never got extra hungry or ate anymore because I was pregnant or breastfeeding... so I doubt I am even eating a lot anyway!

But anyway, I got a calorie tracker for my phone, and after inputting my height, weight, goal weight, and activity, it gave me a number of 1460 calories.

My question is, should I add calories to this for breastfeeding, or do you think it'd be okay to just go for the 1460 a day? I am looking to loose 1/2lb per week, so steady and slow. I am not particularly active, so I am going to start taking a 1-2 mile walk every other day, and work up to every day.

Thanks!

I would add calories for breastfeeding. I've read EBF burns about 500 calories/day.

I would just worry that if you cut back too much you may not get enough nutrients/fat for your milk and damage your milk supply. Maybe do a trial run for several weeks setting your boundary at 1960 calories to see how you feel and adjust accordingly.

Good luck! I also want to lose the last bit of baby weight, somewhere around 8 lbs. I was about 10-15 lbs overweight before pregnancy so I'd like to lose that too, but taking it in baby steps :)

Some people find it very hard to loose when bf. The body can go into "famine" mode making it hard to shift anything. With my dd it was about 9 mths after stopping bf before I could shift any weight. It then came off easily.

the increase in exercise might well be the best option..............

the increase in exercise might well be the best option..............

I figured that might help. Eventually I want to be doing a couple miles a day. Annika loves being outside in the stroller, so it wouldn't be a problem for her.

I am taking my first walk today, so I will see in a few weeks if that helps any!

Some people find it very hard to loose when bf. The body can go into "famine" mode making it hard to shift anything. With my dd it was about 9 mths after stopping bf before I could shift any weight. It then came off easily.

I have a feeling I am definitely one of those people that have trouble loosing weight while breastfeeding!

I am certainly not going to stop just to loose weight, but I am just going to try what I can!

I am really struggling. I thought with twins I might be a skelf by now! No such luck. I am having an ovary removed on Wednesday so I expect more hormonal chaos that will affect my weight too.

Have you tried Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred? It's GREAT for weight loss and toning

Add calories. If you take in too little (which it sounds like you are) your body changes its metabolism to hang onto every last little calorie it can. Eat more (healthy stuff of course) and the weight might melt away.

I tried that too. I think with bf it's about getting the balance right, but to no avail. Personally I will just wait to post bf.

I have an extra 15lbs on and the weight does not seem to be budging. I am doing baby bootcamp (which is intense) twice a week and eating healthy as well.

I am convinced it is the breastfeeding and also read articles on your body retaining some extra weight in case of "famine". Makes sense, but super annoying.

I have an extra 15lbs on and the weight does not seem to be budging. I am doing baby bootcamp (which is intense) twice a week and eating healthy as well.

I am convinced it is the breastfeeding and also read articles on your body retaining some extra weight in case of "famine". Makes sense, but super annoying.

:growlmad:

It is super annoying!

I am trying to exercise, but honestly between cleaning and making sure I'm eating well, and taking care of LO, I'm only doing like three 30 minute high-intensity sessions a week right now. I mean, I go for walks sometimes, but they're really slow pace, so it doesn't really feel like "exercise".

I gave myself a goal of her birthday. By February 6th, 2014, I would like to see at LEAST 10lbs gone, if not the entire 15.

I hope by setting this reasonable goal (5 months), that my slow and steady will pay off.

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->