Non invasive Downs test

Hopespring

Reaction score
So I was just looking at the BBC news website and came across this:

Safer Down's test backed for NHS use https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35311578

Yay! It's about time!!!

Crazy, my girlfriend had her 13 week appointment here in Canada last week, and her doctor mentioned that this test has just recently started being used here too! It's not covered by our health program, but something like $350 and covered by some insurance companies. Excellent bit of news!

In the UK from last year they also do patau's screening & edwards syndrome aswell, all on 12wk scan :)

Good, we opted to have a panorama test this time privately as it's so much more accurate than the one the NHS currently offer but non invasive. I do hope they will be able to roll this option out as general practise throughout the UK as an option.

Good, we opted to have a panorama test this time privately as it's so much more accurate than the one the NHS currently offer but non invasive. I do hope they will be able to roll this option out as general practise throughout the UK as an option.

Reading the story and doing some digging/ reading around that is exactly what they are doing. They will do the blood test for foetal DNA and also do the dating scan around 12 weeks in all women from some time this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->