Normal number of follicles?

ange0011

Reaction score
Hello! I have a question about follicles. DH and I are going through fertility testing this month and I just had my first ultrasound where they check how many follicles you have. We did this testing two years when we were having problems conceiving our first and I had about 17 eggs (if I remember correctly) and my doctor said it was normal for my age. Today I only had 12 (5 on the left, 7 on the right) and I am a little concerned. I am 34 now and wondering if this is a normal amount. I have tried googling it and cannot find it and I am a little impatient to wait for my results appointment in 2 weeks! Thank you in advance:)

Oh, is this the one done on CD 3? I started seeing my doctor on CD 8 so I haven't gotten this one yet and will if/when I start my new cycle. I'll be following, and if I get mine done (in 17-18 days) I'll ask them!

Yes that is the one:) I will see my doctor in two weeks for results...just being impatient and seeing if anyone has any experience with this! Hope your tests go well!!

Are you being medicated to get so many follicles?
I have been monitored with clomid and only ever had a maximum of 2 follicles, and never more than one on each side (the two was the same side) they seemed to alternate.

I am not on medication yet, we are testing. I think this is the antral follicles? Not sure exactly what it means....

Thank you!!

I'm not quite sure what type of follicles they are, but you're right in that there should be a bunch. I remember him saying it's good to see how many there are and talking like there should be at least a handful.

Thank you! At least a handful seems a bit better to me...I thought there should be more, so I am a little calmer now:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->