• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Northamptonhire anybody :)

:hi: welcome to Bnb.

anyone else find it weird that we all live close and could have passed in the street :lol: x

no lol cos i'm still sure ure all from Ktown/Wboro/random outskirt places ! .... and I'm from Corby ...

It is a bit weird! I like crafting and often visit a forum for that and there is one woman who I know shops in the same craft shop as me and I often wonder round thinking "is that her?" lol

Quick Q - Do any of you have experience of Kettering or Northampton hospitals? I can't decide which to go for, I want a waterbirth and N'ton has 2 pools and Kettering only 1 so I thought Northampton but just not sure!

^^ I went to NGH and my experience, in labour was fab. (sorry if I go on too much here :blush: )

With my first baby, I had Pre Eclampsia @ 38 weeks, they broke my waters straight away as I was already 2cms and I had a lovely midwife in with me the WHOLE time, I was never left without a medical person with me, which was fantastic. The issue comes after birth. Alex was born 4.02am, my hubby had to look for someone about 10am to ask when we would be moved to the ward :dohh: we had been 'left' all that time!

With my 2nd, same again, PE @ 38 weeks, induced same way and I had certain worries after losing my son which they more than accompinaed for, they were great. The issue after this birth was that they wanted to move me onto post natal ward before I was ready :nope: She was born 1.40 and I was showered, fed and up there by 3, which I felt very rushed :(

The labour there is great and youre well cared for, I just feel for me, the after birth not to be as good.

Most people I know who have gone to Kettering have ended up with Emergency c sections, whether they do them too freely or whether its just how it is, of course baby is better out than in in emergencies, but thats my view.

I really hope you get your water birth, I would love one. Why dont you go and have a look around them both? get a better idea. x

Thanks for your post, sorry to hear about your son :(

Do you know how I book a hospital visit? My midwives are a little bit scatty and don't seem bothered about giving me much information just doing the basic checks etc. I think sometimes they forget that even though they do it everyday, this is my 1st baby and I've not got a clue!

Northampton ones you have to ring and book, and Kettering ones as far as I'm aware you just turn up. Next time you see your midwife ask her how you go about it, for numbers etc, she probably lets people know at later stage but there were people from 30 weeks when we went on the tour. x

I live in Kettering and I went to Tresham too. Went to the old one on Windmill Ave and then the new one when it was built for my A2s! Small world lol

I went to tresham too, back in the day, use to spend most of my time in "the piper" across the road!! Whoopsie

I work in KGH, brilliant hospital, but my labour experience was horrible and i ended up with an emergency section :(

I went to tresham too, back in the day, use to spend most of my time in "the piper" across the road!! Whoopsie

I work in KGH, brilliant hospital, but my labour experience was horrible and i ended up with an emergency section :(

Here here lol :dohh:

I'm not keen on Kettering General. Had a bad experience there! And so have a few of my relatives. But I'm sure it's not like that for everyone.

I can't speak highly enough of NGH...only thing that I didn't like was that they cut me and used forceps but that's my own issue not theirs iygwim?

With my second he was an accidental homebirth but it was AMAZING, I went in afterwards to have stitches and I had the best two MW's ever :)

P.S: Let's organise a meet up soon ladies? I'm getting lonely :blush:

^^^ I'm scared I might already know one of you without knowing till face to face, then when you get back you will come and read all about my depressing life :rofl: x

if you all promise not to turn into stalkers, then I'd love to come to a meet :happydance: x

I promise not to stalk :thumbup: Hayley that's one of my biggest fears about here! What if one of you actually know me and read how horrible I can actually be :lol:

I gave birth in KGH and i have to say i was treated like a princess :)
everyone from cleaners to consultants were AMAZING! i was in and out for 8 months,so most of them got to know me and my twin bump lol but if i had all the money in the world i would still give birth there and nowhere else :)
i absolutley LOVEDDDDDDDDDDDDD my consultant,he was there for me when i had my daughter and even when i was bed bound in hospital he actually came from his clinic in corby at the exact time to speak to me because i asked him to!
i would recommend that hopsital to everyone,it's spotless,friendly and they honestly take such good care of you it's unbelieavable!

Thanks for your post, sorry to hear about your son :(

Do you know how I book a hospital visit? My midwives are a little bit scatty and don't seem bothered about giving me much information just doing the basic checks etc. I think sometimes they forget that even though they do it everyday, this is my 1st baby and I've not got a clue!

I think hospital tours for Kettering General are every Saturday & Sunday at 2pm, if I remember rightly. You don't need to book or anything, you just turn up.

Hello! :hi:

I'm in Northants too, I live in Moulton, it's good to see so many Northants peeps on here!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->