Not a good call from the Dr.......

I knew I would have not had a baby with Down Syndrome and would have terminated so I took that risk

I am pro choice 100% but for me I would never abort for Downs. I would only do so for things that would give my child no quality of life. People with downs seem like happy people in an eternal state of child like joy. It is not a perfect baby, but it would be mine regardless.

I am glad the amnio worked for you though!

Whatever you decide good luck,but for me I would have ruined my pregnancy worrying so had to take the test also for obvious reasons would not have had the child with Downs. BTW before anyone shoots me I have YEARS of experience of children/adults with DS and I knew I did not want that for my child or myself.

Bex[/quote]

i've worked with children and adults with downs which is the reason i wouldn't get rid of it having had experience with them they might not be the easiest people to care for but there are differant levels of downs and even perfectly healthy kids can be hard at times!

sorry but no compareison (sp?) here at all,having a child with Downs yes I know it may seem that life wont change much but I think it is totally unfair to the children you do have. I think Downs is one hell of a thing to have to look after and for them too. Sorry but termination was the only route for me if I had discovered that. But it is different for us all. The medical implications alone are huge and as much as 80% of DS have problems that are insurmountable call me selfish but no thanks!

I have friends with DS children and they have actually said had they had known they they too would have considered a termination.

I wish you all the luck in the world hun there is every chance things will be ok. I really hope they turn out good for you.

I understand your decision and I am seriously pro choice, all I meant to convey was that I am not considering that option. My scan is on Tuesday, thank you all for the positive thoughts!

What's the time difference between you and us Pumpkin? Will be thinking of you on Tuesday.

I have no idea but right this moment it is 1:12 in the afternoon on Sunday...

its 9:21 here so ur 8hrs behin hun

best of luck 4 appt :hugs:

Doh - I've just seen the thread about "where do you live" and seeing you're in California yeah it's 8 hrs behind. Are you anywhere near San Fran?

Best of Luck on Tuesday Pumpking....Will think positive thoughts for you and your Little I mean Big Boy.:hugs:

Pumkin, how did the appointment go?

Doh - not sure where I got California then, must've misread it?? Will go back and check!

think she shud b there about now if i remember right?

gd luck hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->