Not broody

mrsdcooper

Mummy to Hermione
Reaction score
Ok. So a friend (hubbys mats) had her baby on Sunday. Went round to meet baby today. Had a hold as you do.

I'm not at all broody. Held baby coz that's what you do but not fussed. What if I'm not fussed about this one. What if I just see it as another baby. Super scared now. Mine will be here on June 14th so I'm not long off and I didn't coo or anything. I'm going to have one 2 weeks tomorrow and nothing. All I see is the hard work and the complete reliability of baby on me when I have others who need me too

One scared and super preggers woman.

May be hormones cause when my sister had her son just a couple weeks ago I want in awe not even the slightest while holding him and I've always fell instantly in love with my nieces and nephews...I blame hormones or jealousy that it's not our baby were holding.

Oh my gosh!! You are going to cry and never want your baby go. There will be a huge fuss!

:flower:

Of course you felt like that. Because you know that baby doesn't compare to yours :) you will just worship and adore your own

Me too! I am not as far along as you are, but haven't set up or bought anything much for the new baby yet. Three vests lol.
I also just imagine all thehard work that lies ahead. Sigh. But nature will do its thing and we will love our babies.

I love my kids to bits, but I'm never all that broody over other people's babies! It's different with your own. but don't freak out if you don't feel this automatic rush of love that everyone talks about. Not many people talk about it, but sometimes it takes a couple weeks or more to really bond with your baby and for the love to grow strong. And that is totally normal, too!

I agree with PP. I don't care much for other people's kids/babies, but my own? Oh yes. I'm entirely enthused with having my own baby in my arms and getting to watch that baby grow and develop and learn... It's so much fun. :)

I agree with the pp also, I have never felt super broody over other people's babies but I know that when I meet mine I will be totally in love :)

I agree with PP. I don't care much for other people's kids/babies, but my own? Oh yes. I'm entirely enthused with having my own baby in my arms and getting to watch that baby grow and develop and learn... It's so much fun. :)

Just realised we have the same due date :thumbup:

I've never felt broody in my life. It's really awkward especially when new moms have brought their baby's into work and make a beeline for me because I'm pregnant.

Cue awkward me and the gushing new mom 'ohhhh, I bet you can't wait' and 'better get some practice' as said child is thrust into my arms.

I'm not worried about it. Just because you aren't all goo goo ga ga that doesn't make you a bad mother. Our babies will be loved, nurtured and cared for which is all that matters x

I felt exactly the same when I held my cousins baby for the first time 2 weeks ago. I think it's because we've been picturing what our baby looks like for so long, and when you hold another's baby, it's ok but it's not your baby. I didn't even feel jealous!

Pretty sure you will read this thread in 3 weeks and wonder what you were worried about :) it's going to be so different because it's yours.

I've heard of people developing a serious aversion to other peoples kids when pregnant! It's all normal, not sure why it happens but maybe it's so you can save up all your baby love for when your LO arrives!

I've seen a few cute babies recently and cos I'm pregnant the Mums seems to like to bring them over and talk to me, which is very sweet, but I've been strangely not bothered. Before pregnancy I would have loved to coo over a little baby!

I genuinely couldn't give two hoots about other people's children, but they're required to be gushy as anything over mine as mine are the best children on the planet!! :haha:

Seriously though - before having mine I'd never so much as held a newborn let alone done anything vaguely house-keeping-ey for one. I love my children to bits, and I find that when people announce their pregnancies or births they'll expect me to be all 'OHMYGODYOU"RESOLUCKYIWANT100MORE!!!!' but instead I'm more along the lines of well done, hope you're ok, good luck! lol. I'm very realistic.

Having said that, I've only got my own children that I'm related to, and I don't know how I'll be once this one is here as this one is our last baby (or so we have planned lol) so I may come over all gushy over other babies/children once newborn days are behind me. :shrug:

I went to a christening and had 3 girls offer me a hold of thier new Borns.

I reluctantly accepted. It's not really my thing! Holding other people's babies.

They don't do anything & I don't have any emotional attachment to them.

It's totally different with your own though so don't panic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->