Not coping :(

Wafflewaffle

Reaction score
Sorry to bore everyone but I need a little rant and my husband is sick of hearing me grumbling!
I am so happy that I'm pg but the symptoms are really getting me down right now, everyday at about 2pm onwards I am feeling so sick not being sick but keep dry heaving sorry tmi! I've always have a phobia of sick so it's really hard for me, I work full time & I work shifts, this week I'm on 7am-3pm so it's not too bad coz I only have an hour or so of feeling sick at work but I'm really panicking because next week I'm on a 12-8pm shift all week and the week after its 2-10pm! I'm really worried coz I'm already on a verbal warning for time off but I just don't know if I can cope and I know it's pathetic coz loads of ladies stick it out even when they are being sick at work and on the way and in carrier bags and stuff but being sick in public is my worst nightmare & I work in an open plan office of like 200 people & nowhere near a toilet!
Second thing to upset me today which I guess is kinda gross kinda funny is, god embarrassing I don't know if anyone else has noticed but I feel like since I got pregnant my lady parts have a horrible smell, and I usually shave but I've not been feeling like it for a few weeks, anyway I read that keeping it hair free Keeps the smells away, so just tried to shave and didn't even think I had gotten any kind of pregnant belly yet, but I really struggled to reach lol what am I gonna do for next 7 months?!
Last thing I feel like my mum & husband are sick of me getting emotional and it's making me more emotional & yeah I'm just all over the place today :,(

Oh waffle! I feel your pain!!! I'm soooooooo happy to be pregnant again, and feel like I shouldn't be upset, but I can't help it. I dry heaved for ten minutes this morning then ran into our bedroom SOBBING!! Hubby shot out of bed wondering that something terrible had happened and laughed his head off when between sobs I managed to get out "I'm so sick of constantly feeling hungover". Humph. I don't think he gets it!

I know you know this but everything you're saying sounds normal / hormones. I've also noticed a smell ( I trim, but not shave) don't know if it's just the increased sense of smell that's doing it? I've also got thicker, creamer, yellow CM which is freaking me about because I keep feeling like I'm bleeding.

Oh waffle! I feel your pain!!! I'm soooooooo happy to be pregnant again, and feel like I shouldn't be upset, but I can't help it. I dry heaved for ten minutes this morning then ran into our bedroom SOBBING!! Hubby shot out of bed wondering that something terrible had happened and laughed his head off when between sobs I managed to get out "I'm so sick of constantly feeling hungover". Humph. I don't think he gets it!

I know you know this but everything you're saying sounds normal / hormones. I've also noticed a smell ( I trim, but not shave) don't know if it's just the increased sense of smell that's doing it? I've also got thicker, creamer, yellow CM which is freaking me about because I keep feeling like I'm bleeding.

Oh thank god that I'm not alone I feel like I'm being ridiculous half the time :(
I cry when I feel like that too, luckily my husband knows I'm really scared of being sick so he's kind of sympathetic but it just makes me feel silly!

I think it is the increased sense of smell for me because everything smells awful lol I threw my favourite jumper in the bin today because I've washed it 3 times and it still seems to have a horrible smell!

I don't seem to have any CM at all and it's scaring me coz I've had none of that and no spotting at all I should probably be happy but them its panicking me coz I'm thinking is there actually anyone in there?! Silly I know! I've come to bed early but can't sleep coz I keep going for a wee and my stomach aches :(

Ha I'm usually quite a cheerful person but god am I moany right now!!! Sorry :) x

I don't think we'd be happy with whatever is happening! You and me have opposite CM situations, yet we're both worrying! Lol!

Glad your hubby is being supportive, don't worry about feeling silly, you're growing a whole new person and entitled to feel anyway you like!! X

Bless ya, thanks :)
Just noticed we're due the same week :)
and saw your tickers below, really hope this one sticks for you! When I see them tickers and stuff it nearly makes me cry!!
Night night thanks for your kind words x

Waffle I'm due exactly same as u n feel the same...aka utterly shite lol constant hangover plus either days of terrible vomiting, terrible nausea or terrible wretching!! I had horrible ms with dd1 BUT I could eat n I swear I felt well despite it!! This time I feel horrid, am at home with dd1 all day n then I tutor of an eve erghhh lol

Nausea and Morning sickness generally can be awful, I am terrified of throwing up and spent the first trimester feeling awful every day. But I can tell you it gets better. It should ease off soon and you will begin to enjoy food again. On the subject of taking time off work. If things get too bad go to your doctor...and maybe get them to sign you off. If you are off for a pregnancy related illness etc it can not be held against your normal absence record, even if you are on a warning. They are not allowed to treat it as a regular absence, and therefore does not count towards your absence rate.
I had a pretty crappy boss so I made sure I looked into it when we were trying for a baby cause I just tend to spend the first trimester feeling awful. No way I could have worked through it.

Hi Waffle. You have emetaphobia too huh? I've been having help for it for nearly 12 months. You should speak to your GP to get help too.

I've just found out I'm pregnant and terrified of MS. But, I'm taking B6, have ginger and apple juice (from tesco) and ginger tea at the ready.

I had a loss in January. So this time, bring it on :) xxx

I also get nausea through the day and find it really difficult, but I find it comes when I'm hungry, even when I don't feel like eating when I feel sick I know I need something to stop it. So I try to eat before nausea strikes too bad. Fruit really helps!! try that to see if it helps xx

Hi Waffle. You have emetaphobia too huh? I've been having help for it for nearly 12 months. You should speak to your GP to get help too.

I've just found out I'm pregnant and terrified of MS. But, I'm taking B6, have ginger and apple juice (from tesco) and ginger tea at the ready.

I had a loss in January. So this time, bring it on :) xxx

Hiya, yep had it all my life, actually I just finished some CBT therapy in April, that's what helped me finally go for it & try for a baby, but now its happened I'm not as brave as I thought!!!

I've been to see my GP last week because he knows what I'm like as it was him that sent me for the CBT but he basically has told me to just try & get on with it!

I haven't tried Vit b6 yet, do you find that helps? I have the ginger biscuits & tea & that helps sometimes and I'm eating small & often and everything else they recommend also finding that aniseed sweets are helping, probably gonna get really fat too coz eating like a pack of them a day!

just trial and error i guess to find what works but in the mean time i cant stop my brain going in to over drive at work, though I am still sticking it out best I can which I see as a small victory as if I had found out I was pg say this time last year I would have just hidden in bed rocking back & forth lol! :blush:

Just really hoping that I'm one of the lucky people where morning sickness ends at around 12 weeks, If I does I think I'm gonna be absolutely hyper & happy!!

Sorry about your loss & good luck with this one, hope its a sticker :hugs:

Nausea and Morning sickness generally can be awful, I am terrified of throwing up and spent the first trimester feeling awful every day. But I can tell you it gets better. It should ease off soon and you will begin to enjoy food again. On the subject of taking time off work. If things get too bad go to your doctor...and maybe get them to sign you off. If you are off for a pregnancy related illness etc it can not be held against your normal absence record, even if you are on a warning. They are not allowed to treat it as a regular absence, and therefore does not count towards your absence rate.
I had a pretty crappy boss so I made sure I looked into it when we were trying for a baby cause I just tend to spend the first trimester feeling awful. No way I could have worked through it.

Hi prettyflower thanks for your reply! I really have my fingers crossed that it does ease off soon.
Thank you for your advice, I am just waiting at the minute to see if I am up for a written warning or not at the moment , so I will keep in mind what you have told me if it comes to that.
Also i am so glad that you agree that working through it is horrible, thought it was just me being a wuss :hugs:

Well I'm only just found out so taking no chances lol! But I've not felt rotten yet.... Fingers crossed I don't x

How is the finger for you? What about trying those wrist bands? X

It gets easier. It really does. I don't know how things work in the UK, but I do know that here, my doctor offered to give me an anti-nausea pill with my first baby, since my nausea was sooooooo bad that I could not function. I have no problem with sick, though, and I chose to deal with it and see it as a sign of a healthy pregnancy. I know, what was I thinking? lol. If offered again, I'd take the pill!

Btw, I meant ginger not finger in my last post:?

Oh haha I wondered what you meant! Hmm it's touch and go with the ginger I think it's just more the fact I am eating a biscuit that helps lol!
I have some of them wrist bands they kind of work but they hurt after a while & I keep forgetting about them haha maybe I should put them on now!!

How you doing waffle? X

Hey mumtodogs, not too bad, made it through another week of work but having to go to bed really early coz I just feel so sick all night, today husband wanted to go to tesco after work and something set me off and I had to run out was nearly sick it was horrible :(

Oh no, poor you. You trying the lots of small meals bit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->