Not drinking enough

Christina86

Reaction score
I really don't think I am drinking enough. Early on, I started throwing up fluids as well, so that played a big part in it. I am just getting back to "normal" and am drinking a bit more, but it is still only between 4-5 glasses of something a day. Usually 1 is a 7-up or sprite and the rest is water. Totally not enough. I am so thirsty but if I drink too much I find myself not feeling well. Maybe it's all in my head... because of what happened shortly after I found out I was pregnant. I used to be able to down a 32oz water bottle in minutes. I would fill it up like 3-4 maybe 5 times a day. I need to figure out how to get more to drink. :shrug:

It's hard for me to drink water, because I've never seen the point in consuming something without flavor. But, I know I have to drink a lot of water - and, I'm giving up coffee, which is NOT easy - so I've been implementing tricks to get me to drink more. I put frozen raspberries in my water, for example. They act as ice cubes until they melt, adding delicious flavor to the water. Or, I set timers. When they go off, I have to drink a glass of water. I can't continue with anything else until I do. Since I'm working during this time, drinking the whole glass so I can get back to my tasks is a pretty big motivator!

I am not the biggest fan of plain water. I usually always put lemon in it and it has to be very cold. Even if the ice melts, I have to put more ice in it! I've never tried frozen fruit in water before either. Maybe I'll try some to get some other flavors. I like the timer idea, but my days are so unpredictable that I'm not sure how it will work-- I can't set timers while I am in classes-- my professors may not like that. HA.

If sipping it through out the day doesn't work for you, could you perhaps try flavoured water? It's a bit more tasty than the normal boring water.

Hey! I had a problem not drinking enough before I got pregnant. If you are hydrated your pee should be clear so that's basically how I gauge how hydrated I am. If it's yellow I know to grab some water. I like lemon or lime in sparkling water, it gives some flavor and carbonation but will hydrate unlike the soda.

I've had exactly the same problem. Water just makes me nauseous. Just like PP, I found that sparkling ice cold water with freshly pressed lemon juice just did wonders with me.

I've been drinking ice water with lemon today. I managed to drink 70oz of water in the first 4 hrs of me being up. I'm guessing I was thirsty. I haven't had anything in a few hours though. I will probably have more in a bit.

And because it is going to be winter soon, you could also try having some soups more often maybe? (I'm taking this advice for myself too as I really don't I'm hydrated enough).

I just realised EDD is just 1 day apart! Are you due on the 26th April? I'm due on the 25th.

Great (about the soup and due date !) so now you know how to keep your fluids intake up! Good luck, hope that all works out for you.

I had issues with this from weeks 6-11. Water made me feel horrible. I started diluting Gatorade and drinking it throughout the day and it seemed to not upset my gag reflex as much. Also I found that I really like sparkling flavored water. Grapefruit one is my favorite.

I have never been a big fan of water and I rarely feel thirsty. I've increased my intake since I found out I'm pregnant but I just don't enjoy water. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->