Not Eating

25weeker

Reaction score
Over the past week or so Holly has been eating very little as she is refusing to be spoon fed so will eat a little bit of finger food and the ella's kitchen fruits because she can suck them out of the tube but won't eat any other fruit puree's.

I know her teeth have been bothering her more than they ever have before as she is biting everything really hard but I also think she is going through an awkward stage as she goes mad being put in the highchair and just wants to pull to stand against everything. (Really hoping this is a phase!)

I am now back at work so when she was eating solids she didn't need very much milk during the day but now with hardly any food I need to substitute it with milk as she is only 14lb 12oz. It has been ok this week as I have been working from home and I have been able to pop downstairs and feed her. Next week I need to be in the office and from 5th April she will be in nursery. I know I won't be able to express enough milk for her.

I am unsure whether I should give her formula during the day or just start giving her cows milk. She will be 1 corrected on the 22nd April (14 1/2 months corrected).

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks

alex went through this phase, as i am typing we have just got the highchair back out today after weeks of her insisting to eAt at the coffee table. i am crossing my fingers she doesnt lose the head..... she just liked her freedom and it affected her eating too. :( letting her roam while eating was the only way for us :haha:
also she managed to eat better with familiar things on TV. i thought itd be a bad thing but dietician says if thats what works, go with it. its become a routine for simpsons to be on while she has her dinner :dohh:

how do you feel about moving onto cows milk? theres hardly any calorie diff between that and regular formula so the choice is yours between them both. of course you could still express too, that could just supplement? im throwing out some ideas :shrug:

Sorry I don't have any advice but I also hope that's a phase (going mad being put in the highchair and wanting to pull up on everything) because Sophie is exactly the same just now - it's blooming hard work! She locks her legs really straight and just refuses to go into the highchair, and refuses to sit if she wants to stand, and does a really grumpy noise - and she's so strong!

Sophie's still ok being spoon fed but she likes to eat strawberries and bananas etc as finger foods. (she is a little monster for putting strawberries into her mouth whole even when they are really big so I have to watch her like a hawk!) I don't know what we are going to do about milk, she's still on her staydown milk and I think our GP wanted to take her off that and put her onto whole cow's milk but I'm reluctant to change something that works so well!

xx

Thanks

Might just go with cows milk if the calories are the same. I planned to move her onto it when she was 1 corrected during the day purely because I don't think I could express all the time. Sounds awful but after doing it for 14 weeks at the beginning the thought of expressing at least 3 times a day fills me with dread. I am still going to breastfeed in the morning and at night and no doubt during the night as Holly hasn't mastered sleeping all night!

She actually ate porridge tonight from a spoon. I fed her it as she cruised her toys and our cabinet. Only problem is I was terrified I would ram the spoon down her throat! I will try feeding her on the go with dinner tomorrow.

Sb - good luck with the highchair x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->