Not fair.

Buffyx

Expecting #2
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm having to go through this for the 2nd time in just 3 months. I felt weird today, at 5 weeks, and not really pregnant anymore. I took a FRER & have a Faint line which looks like the first test I took - they progressively got darker, to the point where they were darker than the control line - and since that test, I've had some sharper cramping start. Around my BFP, and in the days since, it has been more dull and stretching feeling rather than sharp period-feeling cramps. Now just to wait for the bleeding to begin :shrug: :(

Oh no Buffy. :( Big hugs, I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way. :hugs:

Oh Buffy I'm so sorry, I know what it's like to go through multiple losses.

Are you sure it isn't the hook effect? If you take another test, and before dipping the test into the wee, dilute it with double the amount of water, then stick the test in. It happened to me yesterday, I got a fainter line- but when I tested with the diluted wee, it was all fine.

Good luck, thinking of you x

No I doubt it's that. I'm only 5 weeks today. It is considerably lighter. It's the same as my 15dpo test :( I had darker lines than the control at 19dpo, so I know this is bad.

Oh no , have you tried diluting your pee just incase it is ? everything x for you that everything's ok x
How much lighter was test ? After I had tests that were darker than control I had one that was the same darkness and panicked a little but all was ok .

Ok now I'm Really really confused. These are both FRER and taken about 2 hours apart. The first test is when I went in to absolute panic mode and told my husband I was losing the baby.

I'm never testing again!! I hate myself.
You can see why I am slightly panicking though right? That first test is so faint.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 39
The second test is WAY darker than the control line now (in person.) WTF!

See!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 19
OMG YAY! I'm so relieved to hear this as rubbish as the scare was! That is one dark line!

I wonder if what you got with the FRER is what the ICs did to me earlier? First one I dipped showed no darker than 2 days ago, but the second one I dipped was much darker. Ugh! :wacko:

My wee was actually quite clear on the first test. We went for a walk and a bike ride today so I have been drinking loads of water.

The second test I just took is in yellow wee. I purposely didn't drink any water in between tests.

Omg I am still shaking over this. I had to send my poor husband off to work with the news. I was happy to tell him it might have been a false alarm..

I know they are both frer , but I don't think they are the same sensitivity and if your pee was diluted that explains it as well , so I wouldn't panic , although I totally understand your worry . I think your ok that strip is super dark still :)

And I had a scare really early on - like 16dpo - with an IC and the line was barely visible. I chucked them all in the bin!!

So it still could be bad news since they are different sensitivity? :(

As hard as it is I'd chuck not only the tests but the results of them since you're getting different results. Is there a chance you can do another blood test soon? That would tell you what's going on for sure.

I'm actually going to call my doctor tomorrow. I think they're open - and see if I can get in or even on Monday.

I'm so confused, but the line on the second test is SO dark! It's the darkest line I've had on any of my tests.

I don't understand sensitivity levels. If things are 12miu or 15miu or whatever. I don't know what any of that means?? :blush:

If I remember right miu is million international units. The tests are miu per milliliter.

Basically the lower the miu, the more sensitive the test. :)

I hope you can get in quick and get answers!

Buffy, please stop testing!! You are stressing yourself out, hun. Definitely go and see your doctor to get reassurance or a blood test to set your mind at ease, but to be quite frank, I think all this 'line progression' stuff is utter nonsense and a total internet myth. The concentration of hcg in your pee varies depending on the time of day, how much you've drunk and how long you've held your pee. The amount of dye in a test can vary, as does sensitivity across brands. All of this added up means that there is no way to tell accurately how pregnant you are (which is essentially what you're testing so much for). These tests are qualitative, not quantitative. Right now they are telling you that you're pregnant and that's all they can tell you. So stop testing, stop stressing and wait to talk to your doctor.

I'm really sorry for your previous loss, I really hope and feel this one will go your way. :)

No no I didnt mean it could still be bad at all , I just meant that the actual frer may not be picking it up as well as the test strip is .

Zephram - I know! I am SO mad at myself for doing it. I'm definitely stopping & going to try to see my doctor x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->