Not Finding Out Gender ...

Laeyla

Reaction score
Hi All.
We are expecting baby #3 and decided not to find out gender (more my idea than my DH). I am 26 weeks now and I dunno...I am starting to feel very emotional about not having names picked out yet. DH feels like he can't decide in anything cause he doesn't know gender and I am starting to feel like...i dunno...maybe I'm not really bonding with the baby since I don't know. I mean we are pretty convinced it's a boy. In our minds, it's a boy. But I mean... what if it's a girl! I'll feel terrible thinking it was a boy.
I don't know why I don't want to find out this time...i do like to plan EVERYTHING so this doesn't really fit my personality lol. But for some reason...i want the surprise this time. We have one of each already. Shrug. But now I'm second guessing not knowing. But I know I'll also be disappointed in myself if we decide to find out now.
Bleh.
Advice?

We aren't finding out either. I also like to know everything and plan so it wasn't my idea not to know. DH just really wanted the surprise so I decided to go along with it.

We have actually had fun thinking of boy and girl names. Maybe try envisioning a boy to think of boy names and envisioning a girl to think of girl names? Are you planning to have any more children? For us, whenever we come up with a name we like also know that we can save it for a future child if we don't use it this time around (this is our first).

I sort of feel like it's a girl so does DH, but I won't feel bad if it's a boy. It'll just be a bigger surprise. Maybe look at it that way?

It's really fun not finding out! We made a list with our top 5 boys names and our top 5 girls names, and then we decided when we saw them in the hospital. It was a super special time for us together after the baby was born. I'll never forget it. :) Also, we picked a cute nickname for baby early on and called them that all the time. For baby #1 it was "french fry" and for #2 it was "petunia" (idk, hubby picked it even though it sounds girly)... and he still calls our daughter Petunia :) It's cute!

We find out but I make us choose a name for both boy and girl beforehand! So try to pick out a name for each sex maybe? Also I'd spend some time picturing a little girl, so you have envisioned both outcomes and aren't completely shocked if it's a girl... I can imagine that would turn the first few weeks on it's head if you were expecting a boy and ended up with a girl. If we had one of each we'd be team yellow but everything we own is pink so we're finding out!

Hi ladies! We just found out we are expecting #3 (our last baby) and hubby has convinced me to keep it a surprise. It's already driving me bonkers not knowing what it will be but we just got a surprise bfp so I have a while to wait anyhow....but we had this issue too on trying to decide on names and we decided to come up with one name that would fit both boy or girl gender so that is what we decided the baby will be named no matter if a boy or girl comes out and it actually makes it really exciting because we can call it by its name no matter what :) just an idea, maybe discuss gender neutral names <3

I do agree it will be exciting when the time comes. We are going to have names picked out for both we just can't seem to narrow it down. A girl name is pretty much up to me, so that's fairly easy...lol. Cause DH isn't as picky when it comes to girl names. It's the boy names that we having trouble even narrowing down. We cannot agree on any!! At this point I just want a solid list of a few names to be chosen from when the time comes. The fact that we cannot even agree on one name for a boy....ugh!!!!! Driving me nuts. Like, nuts. Our other 2 children, we knew like the moment we got pregnant what their names would be. Why is it so difficult with this one?! And this one would be our last so maybe that is factoring into things, I don't know.
My DD (she's 2) wants to name the baby Penguin, lol!! So that has been what I keep calling it, lol.

Penguin, that's adorable!

We couldn't agree on any boy names either. Not a single one, until I was about 20 weeks and found the name Slade which we both liked. :)

I do agree it will be exciting when the time comes. We are going to have names picked out for both we just can't seem to narrow it down. A girl name is pretty much up to me, so that's fairly easy...lol. Cause DH isn't as picky when it comes to girl names. It's the boy names that we having trouble even narrowing down. We cannot agree on any!! At this point I just want a solid list of a few names to be chosen from when the time comes. The fact that we cannot even agree on one name for a boy....ugh!!!!! Driving me nuts. Like, nuts. Our other 2 children, we knew like the moment we got pregnant what their names would be. Why is it so difficult with this one?! And this one would be our last so maybe that is factoring into things, I don't know.
My DD (she's 2) wants to name the baby Penguin, lol!! So that has been what I keep calling it, lol.

That's so funny, we definitely had a harder time with naming this baby vs our previous 2! I couldn't think of any girls names I liked for such a long time!

I'm finding it so hard this Tina around to choose a name and we know what gender it is! I found it really easy last time but to honest if I was having a girl this time I would find it easier because there a a few I love and I'm actually quite sad I can't use them now! I have no idea what to call him, there's a few we both like but nothing that I love.

I wish I could give you some advice re gender but I can't! My oh wanted a suprise last time but I just couldn't, I was finding it so hard to mentally bond when I didn't know and I need to be organised too! With this one I half wish we had waited as I could do a suprise this time as I really didn't mind what we had but oh was so set on a boy and convinced it was a boy that I thought it would be good to manage his expectations a bit as he would have been a. It disappointed in the delivery room I think! I would have loved the suprise at the birth though, it would have been so special.

I really wouldn't worry too much about names. We had a list of about 4/5 we really liked and then chose about 3-4 days after she was born, maybe do that? You gave plenty of time to settle on a name even after they are born so don't worry x

I was planning on having a surprise this time - last time we found out, and we're not having a third so I thought it'd be nice to experience it both ways.
However, it was a dead give away that we were having another boy at one of my earlier scans (damn those boys privates being so obvious LOL), and so I just chose to officially find out again. I knew if I tried to "pretend" I didn't see what I knew I had seen, that it wouldn't at all feel like an actual surprise at birth when they said "His a boy". For me, I actually wasn't disappointed to find out earlier in the end, even though I had planned to do it differently. But I think a lot of that was to do with the fact I had not expected to feel any disappointment over gender, whereas I actually did feel a little bummed out that we would never experience having a little girl - I am completely over that now though, and can't wait to be a mummy of boys :)!

Given you have one of each, and it's your last pregnancy, I definitely think you should try and hang in there! Like some other ladies have suggested, maybe just get a nice list of names for both sexes, and day-dream what it might be like to have another daughter or another son, not just another son. Hopefully the time will start to go by quickly, and then before you know it, you'll be meeting your lil Mr or Miss :)!

I haven't found out this time and didn't with my first two either. The funny thing is in every other aspect of my life I like to control (as much as I can) and plan but to me there is something really special about not finding out until he/she gets here.

We have chosen a boys name (nearly impossible after naming two already) and a girls name and I know with the other 2 when looking at them, the names fit. My other kids think Spiderman would be a good name for either gender :rofl:

It'll go by so fast, you'll know soon enough!

12 weeks we were told girl, 20 weeks got told possibly a boy but the cord was in the way so she couldn't be 100% sure so we decided to find out at birth. I had a scan at 28 weeks last week (GD) and although the sonographer knew we didn't want to know, he was wriggling that much that we got a quick potty shot. She moved the scanner pretty quickly but we saw it and she felt so bad! While we were leaning boy anyhow, we still wanted it to be a surprise. But hey, it wasn't her fault so what can you do? Just shop for onesies in universal colors until baby arrives then do a major shop for him/her. :) That's what we were going to do. :haha:

Only you can decide that. We had planned not to find out and as it got further on I just couldn&#8217;t wait to know so we did find out, and honestly I don&#8217;t regret it at all.

We found out with ds but we're not going to with this one. It's so early, but my mother is already trying to goad us into finding out lol. I'm holding my ground though! It might be a different story once we can actually find out what the baby's gender is, but for now I'm content to wait until birth :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->