Not had a Glucose Tolerence Test yet and I'm 21 weeks - do I need to pry?

KamKol

Mother of one
Reaction score
My dad is diabetic, so I think I need a GTT, but midwife has not really mentioned it yet.

My blood results came back completely normal.

Am I supposed to have one - do I need to chase this up with the MW yet?

Hey KamKol,
I am having a GTT due to my BMI being over 30. MW booked me in at my 20 weeks appointment, i go in at about 26 weeks i think it is.

Apparently Diabetes through pregnancy is through wieght more than genetics. But have you had your 20 week apt yet? if not then ask MW then.

I would ask at your next MW appt, mine was done through the consultant at 18 weeks ( had the test at 26)

x

i think i had mine around 28 weeks last time the same this time i think!!

Hey KamKol,
I am having a GTT due to my BMI being over 30. MW booked me in at my 20 weeks appointment, i go in at about 26 weeks i think it is.

Apparently Diabetes through pregnancy is through wieght more than genetics. But have you had your 20 week apt yet? if not then ask MW then.

I've had a 20 week anomaly scan at the hospital and they said that baby is looking fantastic :)happydance:) but they didn't do any checks on me...my body. :shrug:

My BMI is 26 - slightly overweight...I guess I should just phone the MW and ask.

mine is at 27 weeks hun, they booked me in at my 12 week scan

I need it due to PCOS and a family member has it to, I would ask hun x

It's standard here at 28 weeks, but I don't know if they'd do it earlier if there was some kind of history.

I've had a 20 week anomaly scan at the hospital and they said that baby is looking fantastic :)happydance:) but they didn't do any checks on me...my body. :shrug:

My BMI is 26 - slightly overweight...I guess I should just phone the MW and ask.[/QUOTE]

So you should be due for another MW appt soon? Weight wise its usually for over 30. but as OP have said, ring your MW if no appointment on the horizon. Better to put your mind at rest than keep thinking on it

x

Usually about 28 weeks its done Babe x

Funny. In Sweden they do that test around 26-28 weeks, usually aroun d 28th week.

they will do a fasting blood sugar test first you just starve yourself from 12pm the night before i have mine tomorrow at 8.30am

you can book with your doctor and ask them to do and get the result if its under 4.9 dont worry over 4.9 contact your antenatal clinic at the hospital and tell them you need to do the GTT but your BMI is fine they only do them when your bmi is over 35 your bmi is pretty good though x

they will do a fasting blood sugar test first you just starve yourself from 12pm the night before i have mine tomorrow at 8.30am

you can book with your doctor and ask them to do and get the result if its under 4.9 dont worry over 4.9 contact your antenatal clinic at the hospital and tell them you need to do the GTT but your BMI is fine they only do them when your bmi is over 35 your bmi is pretty good though x

I don't have to fast for mine. They gave me the glucose drink at my last appointment and told me to drink it an hour before my next appointment.

they may do it a bit different but thats a different test your doing a glucose tolerence test they normally do this after a high fasting blood sugar result which you do have to fast for i usually go to my mw appointments fasted just incase i have to do

trust me i have to do loads after losing my last baby they check nearly every appointment

Heyyy :) Im gettin mine done tomorrow morning, im 26 n half wks, i only had i booked about 3 or 4 weeks ago, i didnt ask, i dont really want it as i hate bloody tests :( but have to as mum is type 1 and im over weight :( but same as you my bloods and urine is clear. better to be safe than sorry though xxx

I had GD in my last 2 PGs so thist time they checked it at 9 weeks and will do it again at 14 and then again at 28 week. during my last one they just did it at the 20 and 28 weeks.

my dad is diabetic too, i didnt have the test with my first child but the midwife has put on my notes this time i am to have one at 25 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->