Not happened and it’s been a year

Holly82

Mummy to 10
Reaction score
I’m just writing this as I’ve just done a test at what I’m assuming is 9/10dpo and it’s another negative. I expected as much, but it now means it’s been a year of trying and nothing. I haven’t charted or really kept tabs on anything this month as I’ve been feeling like it’s a pointless exercise now. We did dtd around ovulation though.

it’s got me thinking, maybe I won’t have anymore babies now. I’m due to turn 40 this year and I’m very blessed to have a big family. My youngest is 2 and a half now and the last few times I got pregnant it took me around 6 months. I also have one tube since I had an eptopic pregnancy about 7 years ago. I had 3 other pregnancies after then (two babies and one mmc).

I am actually ok if I don’t have anymore, I’m not desperate, but we wanted to see if anything happened. I won’t be talking to a doctor about this or anything. I’m just a bit sad and disappointed and feel like there’s something wrong now. I’m putting it down to my age, but then you hear of plenty of women having babies late on and into their early 40’s, so what’s happening with me? I have regular 28/29 day cycles. I’m currently loosing weight and becoming healthier. I just don’t understand after a full year and nothing, not even a hint of a line or a late period. Can you get tests to see if menopause is on its way? That’s the only thing I can think of.

just wanted a rant and to put this down somewhere, rather than it going around in my head. Is anyone else going through something similar or any ideas or advice please?

thank you if you have read this x

It may just be one of those things and there's not anything wrong or not age related. Each of babies have taken longer to get, with my 4th taking 2.5 years when I was in my 20s and 5th taking 3.5 years from 20s into early 30s. But I between them I had a loss that had onkg taken me 7 months to fall with.
I hope it happens for you soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->