Not immune to...

hairftsher

Reaction score
Is anybody or has anybody heard of not being immune to rubella? (I'm assuming it's rubella and not roebulla)

Eep!

I'm immune to Rubella, but even with vaccinations (don't know if you are or not) it's very common for some people to not convert (turn it into antibodies).
The virus itself is pretty uncommon but can be dangerous. They'll probably give you a booster shot after baby is born, but I don't think they can while you're pregnant.

I'm immune to Rubella, but even with vaccinations (don't know if you are or not) it's very common for some people to not convert (turn it into antibodies).
The virus itself is pretty uncommon but can be dangerous. They'll probably give you a booster shot after baby is born, but I don't think they can while you're pregnant.

yeah! i was totally vaccinated but i guess i just don't have the antibodies. my prenatal nurse told me i could get a booster after baby, but there would be no guarantee i'd ever be immune.
kinda scary! but like you said, i think it's pretty rare anyway.

I think I came up as immune to it, even though I've never had it or the vaccination. But I didn't come up as immune to the chicken pox, which I did have. I wonder if I actually had rubella and not varicella?

It's totally possible to have all your shots and have something fade over time. I've had 2 rubella boosters (one at 16 and another at 25) because my immunity has decreased over time. We figure it fades out completely around 8 years so I'm fully expecting to need another booster in my mid-30s but as of last fall, I'm still immune. My former doctor said it's actually common for rubella to decrease over time and most people will need a booster of it at some point.

I'm never immune to Rubella, despite having numerous immunisations, and having had a dose as a child. It's never affected me or my babies (so far, touch wood).
I did come in contact with a baby with the disease during one of my pregnancies. I was mighty pissed off with the mum for not telling me in advance, but I didn't get sick from it.

I think I came up as immune to it, even though I've never had it or the vaccination. But I didn't come up as immune to the chicken pox, which I did have. I wonder if I actually had rubella and not varicella?

It's possible. I'm not immune to varicella (even though I've had all the vaccinations, I just can't convert it to antibodies, I've also never had chicken pox)
They definitely won't give you Varicella while pregnant. You never know, you could have already contracted Rubella and never known or be naturally immune.

I wasn't immune during my first pregnancy. Meant to get the injection after she was born and totally forgot. Ended up not being immune with dd2 either :dohh:

Anyway, they gave me the injection not long after I gave birth last time. Don't worry about it, just make sure they give you the injection after baby

I wasn't immune in my last pregnancy like others have said you get a booster after baby is born, I think baby might need it quite early on as well? Not sure xx

Babies get their first measles, mumps and rubella shot at 12months here, regardless of mum's immune status.

I don't know about rubella, but I've had the hep b series twice, and I still don't titer. Sometimes, we just don't create antibodies.

I was lucky as I had a check up about 6 months prior to conceiving and discovered that I was not immune to rubella so I had a booster. The vaccine only lasts around 10 years so if you haven't had it since childhood you can lose immunity. They will give you a booster after the baby is born but in all likelihood you will be fine.

I wasn't in my first pregnancy so after her I had the immunisations again, was told not to worry xx

I was not immune to rubella when I was pregnant with my first son

I never ended up getting the shot after pregnancy but by the time I was pregnant with my second I was immune so they think I came in contact with rubella at some point between my pregnancies and naturally built up an immunity to it X

I just found out today that I'm not immune to rubella or measles, so my last booster must have worn off because I was immune in my last 2 pregnancies. My ob just said steer clear of anyone infected and I'll get another booster after delivery. It's definitely scary because ppl don't wear signs announcing they have sicknesses, but really the chances of contracting something like rubella are so slim! Good luck hun! Have a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy :)

I just found out today that I'm not immune to rubella or measles, so my last booster must have worn off because I was immune in my last 2 pregnancies. My ob just said steer clear of anyone infected and I'll get another booster after delivery. It's definitely scary because ppl don't wear signs announcing they have sicknesses, but really the chances of contracting something like rubella are so slim! Good luck hun! Have a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy :)

Thanks, love~! You as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"