Not really sure where I belong!

RaspberryK

Reaction score
So we missed TTC for our under 2 age gap for a few reasons, I was still bf til 13 months and we had some money /lack of job issues which we are still catching up on really so we are not ready to try for another baby yet.

The best age gaps are supposed to be under 2 or over 4 so says research. I really wanted to avoid having a newborn when DS is just starting nursery at just over 3 and I am just not sure I like the idea of 3 year age gap...(partly because this is the age gap MIL said we should have :wacko: )
But over 4 seems like a long way off as he has just turned 2. He wont start school til he's 5 so I'd have a 1 year old if we got lucky with the timing and I don't think that's be too bad.

There are a couple of reservations, I am not an old mum but I just don't think I'd be able to have all the children I want to if I leave big gaps.
But then we would have to move if we wanted more children which we are not ready to do so the big gap suits that in that respect.

Only DH and I have managed to have 2 whoopsies with contraception this month :dohh: and I am panicked about that.

I really don't know where I fit in at all, I haven't been regularly posting in BNB for a long time but I feel like I want to come back but feel like a right saddo waiting in WTT when I don't even know when I will be WTT til.

Well thanks for listening anyway

xx

I think you've found your spot, Welcome! :) WTT can be months or years and you can always hop over to NTNP if you wake up tomorrow and decide to throw caution to the wind.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the age gap dilemma. Years ago I thought 2 yrs would be about right. But that was a few too many years ago. We'd like to have 2 kiddos and with me being 34 I will be going with the least amount of age gap possible. It makes me tired just thinking about being pregnant and chasing a little one, but I just don't want to risk having issues when I get older. And since I plan to BF I figure it'll take a bit anyway.

Are you ntnp or wtt?
I'm 26 so I've got time but I envisaged 4 before 30, lol.
Call me ocd but I don't want uneven gaps :rofl:
I ntnp'd last time and took 4 months after stopping pill to conception and I had an 11 week cycle to start with. Needless to say I never went back on the pill.
My first period didn't return for 9 months and were few and far between til well after I weaned Bertie.
Xx

Hi,
I'm like you, waiting for the right time. Youngest is nearly 2.
Not entirely sure as to when we are TTC. (moving to other end of country, husbands starting new job, new school, new house) so much going on, it's hard to find a good time!
There are pros and cons with all age gaps, but the fact is, you will settle into whatever gap your kids get.
X

Very true Belle!
I suppose you'll wait til you're all settled in your new home, what an upheaval though!
Xx

I'm WTT at the moment but will be moving over to the NTNP/TCC board at the end of the month. :happydance:

Yay! I would say NTNP is a nice board, or it was when I was. I found TTC a bit toooooo planned for my liking. I was trying but I wasn't planning sex just because I was ovulating IYSWIM.

xx

I agree, besides the thread started in TTC for the sept/oct/nov graduates, I plan to spend most of my time in NTNP. I have no intention of temping/charting/etc. It just feels more laid back in NTNP.

:hi:

Hey Rk!

I've not been on here in ages but popped on and saw your name, thought I'd say hi.

Hope things are all good with you?

I'm good, still waiting! July/August is our plan for TTC though.

Nice to 'see' you.

Jx

Blast from the past July! Wondering how the others are!
We have had a hard year, I'll pm you at some point.
Otherwise great, bertie is amazing and growing so fast.
Glad to hear you're starting ttc soon although it must seem like forever.
Xx

:) I know, really is! I've been reading WTT now and again, and it was a nice surprise to see your name. Yeah, I hope the other girls are well.

Glad to hear Bertie's doing well, he'll be so big now!

Can't believe it's been so long. By the summer we'll have been on a break for about 2 and a half years I think. It's a bit scary, knowing it might not happen easily again, but I'm somewhat at peace about it.

Do send me a pm when you want/can xx

Hope everyone else is managing to enjow WTT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->