Not returning to work after Maternity leave need help with letter!

Heidi

Mummy to two girls
Reaction score
After a few months of working out our finances etc i've decided not to return back to work after my Maternity leave is up in January.
I really need to get my brain in to gear and type out a letter of my resignation.

Can anyone help me with some examples of things i need to put in etc? I want to make it a nice letter rather than blunt and straight to the point because even though i was only there for just under a year they were a fab company to work for and treated me well, so want to sound appreciative towards them.

Any help will be muchly appreciated i'm so rubbish typing letters! :hugs:

How about something along the lines of:

Dear (line managers name)

After much thought and consideration, I have decided not to return to work after my maternity leave. This is a bitter sweet decision as I have always enjoyed my work but my new family situation means I want to spend my time with my child. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for such a wonderful time working for you, and for the opportunities & experience I gained

Please accept this letter as formal notice of my resignation, effective from (insert date here)

How about something along the lines of:

Dear (line managers name)

After much thought and consideration, I have decided not to return to work after my maternity leave. This is a bitter sweet decision as I have always enjoyed my work but my new family situation means I want to spend my time with my child. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for such a wonderful time working for you, and for the opportunities & experience I gained

Please accept this letter as formal notice of my resignation, effective from (insert date here)

Wow thats great, thank you so much!!! :hugs: I'm so rubbish with wording letter

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"