Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not...

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
So I have issues.

Tomorrow is the Fourth and I'm excited to take our girls to see the fireworks and stuff but I know I will be scared shitless!

Not of the fireworks though.

When I was 16 I was raped. Ever since then, I hate crowds. I get anxious and edgy...just going to the grocery store I cling to my OH's arm. I don't know if that's normal or if it's due to knowing the guy is still around here somewhere and not wanting to see him, or what.

It's been just over 3 years now. I need to get my life back together. I have a gorgeous SD and a beautiful LO and a wonderful OH. I need to be okay again. I've moved on, healed, and all that. But will I ever be able to go into a crowd without being scared again???

:hugs: no advice really, but I know the road to a full recovery can be difficult. are you seeing a therapist or anything? they might be able to help you. :flower:

No, I've had no luck finding a good one and I've given up. My OH is my therapist, truly. He's helped me a lot. I'm doing really good now. I just don't like crowds.

:hugs: did they just never catch the guy who did it? Or did you not report him?
ignore my prying if it's too much, :flower: I'm sure eventually you'll be able to be in crowds again, but it might not be until you have the reassure that he's not out there, lurking in them.

I hope you have a good Fourth of July regardless. :)

I didn't report him.

And it's okay, I don't mind you asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"