Not sure where I belong, maybe here?

XxTanixX

Reaction score
Well I've been a member here for a little while after I thought I was pregnant back towards the beginning of April. I still have some questions towards whether I am or not, but I'm guessing I'm not since I got the depo shot today and they had to test me for pregnancy beforehand. I guess me getting the depo shot is considered a form of preventing, but the doctor thought it would help with some pain I've been having with my cycles and blah blah blah. Anywho I was in the TWW, but that place has become a little overwhelming with all the ladies who are positively obsessed with TTC. This place seems to be a little more relaxed and all about just going with the flow, which is what I need :haha:. Now please don't judge me, I am seventeen but consider myself to be more mature physically and mentally than my Earth given age. I am fully aware that being a teen I should be taking every precaution possible to protect myself from pregnancy and the dangers of STD's and I generally have, but there is always the occasional slip up. And if I'm meant to have a child it will happen, but since it hasn't I'm taking it as a sign as it's not my time yet. But anyhow, you ladies seem to be quite nice and relaxed and I'm hoping to be accepted here :blush:. Sorry for the long post lol.

Teen? How old are you? AND I WOULD SAY THAT YOU ARE PREVENTING... WITH THE DEPO...LOL.. DID YOU TRY WAITING TO CONCEIVE...?

I am 17. Hmmm I have not tried there. Maybe I'll pop in there next

You're welcome to post here and live vicariously through our NTNP adventures but if you're on Depo, you're definitely preventing as it's 99.9% effective! You might also try posting in the Waiting to Try (WTT) forum as there will be lots of other ladies there on birth control or using some other form of prevention until the time is right to starting trying.

And not to come off judgmental, but at 17, you may feel mature but you would probably be better able to provide a stable home to a baby if you were a bit older. My mom had me at 17 and though we are the best of friends, there have definitely been some rough times and seeing what my siblings have growing up (ages 12, 14, 17) versus what I had (I'm 27), it's a world of difference....just something to keep in mind...

Oh I definitely know I would be able to provide if I was older when I try to have a baby. I wasn't actually trying to get pregnant at all, I was just worried I was because my ex and I dtd while I was still in the beginning stages of taking my birth control.

I would agree that you would probably fit in best over in the Waiting to Try forum. As the depo would definitely count as preventing.

It's an injection that you can get, it is long-lasting hormonal contraception.

ohhh i see.... well thats defo a prevention... ?!!! so defo in wrong forum.... lol..... thanks for explaining to me :) im only familiar with the pill hahaha x

Depo Provera is a progesterone shot injected into the upper arm muscle and acts as about 12-16 weeks of birth control. It's good for women who can't remember to take the pill or can't risk the increased risk of blood clots relating to being on the pill. The downsides include that it can take up to 24 months (supposedly) to regain full ability to conceive after the last shot and it causes bone loss and for many, also causes weight gain. Personally, I *loved* Depo and was on it for 6 years. I never had a period while on it and didn't gain any weight. I stopped because I was told women shouldn't be on it for more than 4-6 years due to the bone loss so I switched to the Mirena IUD. Mirena is an intrauterine device inserted into the uterus for up to 5 years to prevent pregnancy and you're supposed to re-gain fertility immediately upon removal.

lol, I forgot you could get it in the butt too, I always opted for the arm. :)

Lol she didn't give me a choice, she just said pull your pants down. Lucky for me I was wearing cute underwear that day :)

Im just going to say...
Theres nothing wrong with getting pregant at 17..
I did NTNP and i never ever would regret it to this day
yeah it was young but nowdays theres 14yr old's getting pregnant
if your stable and can do it then go for it! :thumbup: youll always get
judged ill tell you that i still do to this day and im 19 now and pregnant
with #2 :shrug: just have to ignore it and do what you think is best hun
its your life at least your not really young thats all i can say :)

i found it was easier to stick to teen bits on here but
its not that simple when TTC/NTNP etc cause theres no bits
and no-one agrees with trying when your young but i hope
you find a part you can fit in with :flow:

:hugs:

Im just going to say...
Theres nothing wrong with getting pregant at 17..
I did NTNP and i never ever would regret it to this day
yeah it was young but nowdays theres 14yr old's getting pregnant
if your stable and can do it then go for it! :thumbup: youll always get
judged ill tell you that i still do to this day and im 19 now and pregnant
with #2 :shrug: just have to ignore it and do what you think is best hun
its your life at least your not really young thats all i can say :)

i found it was easier to stick to teen bits on here but
its not that simple when TTC/NTNP etc cause theres no bits
and no-one agrees with trying when your young but i hope
you find a part you can fit in with :flow:

:hugs:

Awww that was so cute I started crying :cry: Hehe how are you and little one and Mason doing?

Told you im only a message away if you need anyone to talk
to! as i know how much people judge etc.. Were good im just
tired and still don't feel good but hopefully it will go its no fun
having a toddler to run around after and nausea! :haha: but
itll pass :winkwink:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads