Not sure where to post this, after lttc did what to do about contraception?

lovie

Mamma to a baby boy
Reaction score
I am not sure where to put this post, I know I want to have another baby at some point, my son is 11 weeks now. It took 20 months for us to get pregnant with him, I have pcos and my OH has rubbish (but not useless) sperm. i do have regularish cycles (28-25 days) and I do ovulate at least some of the time.

I am breastfeeding at the moment and I thought that AF would not return till at least 6 months but the last couple of days I have had some very light spotting.

Does anyone have any advice as to what they did about ttc/contraception after lttc? If it takes another 20 cycles to get bfp#2 then I don't need to worry but ideally I would like some time to enjoy baby#1 first.

At the moment I am thinking we will just not think about it and hopefully get a supprise bfp in a year :)

I was on the mini pill for a bit but stopped as I'd been wanting to not take the pill any longer.

I also had some spotting at around 4 months post-partum but then it never returned again until I stopped breast feeding.

Personally I would avoid anything that's hormone related - ie the pill, and some coils have hormones. Between DS and TTC baby 2 we used condoms they aren't the most relaible but it wouldn't be a complete disaster to have had baby 2 sooner.

My fear of the pill is it can screw up your hormones and take a while to get out of your system,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->