not the LO?

L

Litol_x_Me

Okay so most of you know i got my doppler today and ound the lo's HB. But earlier i thought i would see how many BPM there was.... There was only 103?? Does this sound right? i'm worried cause i was only picking it up in one place then i checked mine and it was diffrent.. Then i done it again earlier and it only came too just over 80bpm? I'm worried now!! :hissy:

It might have been the placenta you were hearing.

There are three sounds you can hear:

Placenta- Sounds like a gushing noise
Your heartbeat- Should be somewhere around 87bpm unless you're like me and have an increased heart rate
Baby's heart beat- Increases 3.3 bpm per week once it starts beating, I believe (someone correct me if this is wrong!!!) Sounds like horses galloping

So any ideas how i can pick up the placenta and my heartrate and the baba moving but not the baba's hb? =[

My heart beat was found farrrr on my right side. My placentas on the right side as well...and baby is on the left. Check your pulse while listening and find yours first. Then rule that out and find the slow, gushing noise. That'll be the placenta. Once you get those two ruled out, whatever other noise you hear is the baby.

i think i heard a gushing noise earlier it sounded like bubbles being blown underwater? god this is harder than i thought lmao!

Yeah that is more than likely the placenta gushing blood! It is difficult...my doctor took a while to find mine with the doppler

Urgh that made me feel queezy when i read the "placenta gushing blood" lol yuck! well i guess i will keep on searching! how hard do you need too press in? keeping in mind i have a little fat from previous pregs, (not much) x

So any ideas how i can pick up the placenta and my heartrate and the baba moving but not the baba's hb? =[

Hun this actually happened to me the first time they tried to find the HB at the docs with a doppler. It's most likely that the baby is in a position that makes it difficult. If you imagine it might be upside down, most of it will still be behind the pubic bone. Try not to worry.

so when does the baby come out of the pubic bone? i just really wanna hear baba lol i am so impatient! plus my next scan isnt for another 6+ weeks (whenever they book me in) also what am i too expect at my first mw appointment a week on tuesday? xx

so when does the baby come out of the pubic bone? i just really wanna hear baba lol i am so impatient! plus my next scan isnt for another 6+ weeks (whenever they book me in) also what am i too expect at my first mw appointment a week on tuesday? xx

It starts to come out sometimes around 12 weeks, but it all depends on your proportions, it isn't uncommon for it not to peep out until 14 weeks. By the time you go for your mw appointment, they should be able to find the HB - remember they have a lot lot more experience at picking them up - it is a bit of a knack. I know lots of people who bought a doppler and had no joy finding the HB until a bit later on than you are now. Try again tomorrow, after a nice cold drink - lie down still for a few minutes before to get your own heart rate settled - and use GEL!

but i have nowhere too buy gel from lmao i cant off the net cause i have no debit card or that =[

oh - well it's only that it might be easier with Gel. do you have any ky jelly or anything like that - you can use ky jelly ya know!

i have some somewhere dont ask where cause your guess is as good as mine! lol
What is the diffrence in using gel/ky too lotion? x

Don't panic sweetie, you'll get to hear it soon. I know lots of people who had the same problem and it is one of the reasons i didn't buy a doppler (even though I know a bit about them lol!)

Infact the nurse said to me today 'don't get one, you'll be calling us up on the phone everday because at this stage the HB is really slippery even for us."

Now I know some people become a dab hand at them quite early on, but they might have a more pricey doppler, different physical proportions, all sorts come into it.

I don't know but it might be to do with density. Ky jelly is very close to the water based gel they use professionally. I just know that lots of gel tends to help!

I found my babies hearbeat at 8 weeks, although it was very hard to find until 10 weeks when it became easier and alot clearer :) I have a vid of it somewere lol. My babies HB around 10-12 weeks ish was around 160-165bpm

The heartbeat will be quite low down near your pubic bone. Move your doppler slowly over the lower part of your belly and hopefully you should pick up the heartbeat :)

Lube is fine to use with dopplers aswell, works just as well as doppler gel :)

Hun if ound that weird noise at about 11 weeks ... and tried to convince myself it was HB lol ... but about a week ago i found the HB properly and it was nothing like what id heard before.

If your near that noise keep trying .. it wont be far away!!

You can use KY jelly too. We have a mobile doppler in our department and use KY jelly instead of the proper gel, coz we can't be arsed to keep getting it from x-ray! We have never had any probems with ky jelly.
Try keeping your doppler in on eplace and angling it around a bit at a time too. Sometimes it is just in a strange place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->