• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Not Waiting After Miscarriage - Any One Else?

HPmum2B

Reaction score
Hello,
I had found out I had miscarried at 14 weeks (baby had died at 12 weeks), I had seen healthy baby at 9 weeks, so it was all quite a surprise). I had a medically managed miscarriage.

MMM was 8 days ago. Bleeding stopped after about 4 or 5 days (with just a bit of spotting). Doctor told me no need to wait to try. My pregnancy tests are not quite negative yet, but we have BD on Friday and Sunday.

Ovulation sticks are currently reading positive, but I am guessing that is being caused by the HCG that is still in my system and not because I am actually ovulating.

I am going to continue to measure with the ovulation sticks for the rest of the cycle as I am assuming it will go down and back up again when I do actually ovulate. But am planning to BD every 2 or 3 days irrespective of what the ovulation sticks says, as I am not going to miss this egg... :)

I actually had serious horn last night, I think it was just down to the fact we had not BD from when we found out the baby had died through to this weekend.

Anyone else out there had a recent loss and planning on jumping straight back on the 'horse'?

Hi Hpmum2B! Sorry we have to meet under these conditions and definitely sorry to hear of your loss:cry: my first loss was at 14 wks and my baby stop growing at 12 as well. The thought of knowing I was Almost over the 1st trimester line was an awesome feeling. But God knows best!

Well I'm jumping in here with you!! I had my m/c twins in April at 10wks , I tried to wait as long as I could to allow my body to m/c on its own but with all my prior surgeries my body wasn't having that :haha: so my doc made me do a D&C in May. Which I'm kindve bitter sweet about Bc I know everything is out.

Welp my doc told me and DH to wait 2 cycles before TTC again. And we've decided to wait one! So my first AF came on and stayed on for 5 days and according to FF and every other fertility web page and app I can find I'm due to ovulate on Wed. and Thurs. if this week. So DH and I have already started BD last night and going until my ovulation sticks (o yeah I have to go buy some right quick to make sure I ovulate) read negative.

So I do hope we both get our rainbow babies this time around!!!
I did the same thing as you when I had my first m/c, ovulating or not I'm still going to BD to make sure I won't miss it!

Good luck to you!!

Hi ladies

First of all sorry for both of your losses. I've just gone through my first miscarriage unfortunately, although not as late on as yours, but it has opened my eyes to the pain and hurt that they cause.

I'm on the tail end of the bleeding now. Luckily for my sanity it has lasted just under a week and has all naturally come away with no medical interception needed thankfully.

I feel awful about thinking about trying straight away but I feel there is a void that needs filling. I'm hoping ovulation or af won't take too long to come back. I just want to ttc again as soon as possible and try and put this whole horrible experience behind me.

I hope it's rainbow babies all round for us soon x

Hi ladies

First of all sorry for both of your losses. I've just gone through my first miscarriage unfortunately, although not as late on as yours, but it has opened my eyes to the pain and hurt that they cause.

I'm on the tail end of the bleeding now. Luckily for my sanity it has lasted just under a week and has all naturally come away with no medical interception needed thankfully.

I feel awful about thinking about trying straight away but I feel there is a void that needs filling. I'm hoping ovulation or af won't take too long to come back. I just want to ttc again as soon as possible and try and put this whole horrible experience behind me.

I hope it's rainbow babies all round for us soon x

Hi Loub127!

Sorry to hear of your loss!! No matter how early it has been its still very painful to lose something so special and important.

It's a great thing that your body m/c on its own with any medical help. So your body can get right bk in the game.

Looks like we're both trying again for #2!! And our boys were born the same year a month apart!! Exciting!!

When do AF usually show Bc it should come bk on on a regular schedule at least mine did, thankfully.

I'm due to ovulate on Fri-Sat. my sticks are really faint so I'm definitely leading up to ovulation soon

Hope we both catch the eggie together!!!

Thank you :) I feel like people will think I'm silly for getting so upset at an early loss. I never thought for one second that I would lose it after having such am easy pregnancy last time with no first tri complications. Maybe I was being naive.

So should I expect to see AF on the normal cycle going by dates before I got pregnant? I hate not knowing when it's going to come!

I just can't wait to make my little boy a big brother. He's so ready to have a sibling now, I just want so badly to be able to give him that.

Exciting times ahead hopefully for all of us! Time to make our 2013 babies big brothers! :)

Hi Ladies, thanks for joining me.

I am also sorry we meet under these circumstances, and I don't think it matters how far along you are, it is still a very painful experience.

Well I was a little frustrated yesterday as my bleeding seemed to start up again, but it seems to have stopped again today and my ovulation sticks are now reading negative, so I hope that means I am back on track.

Loub - I am hoping to catch an egg before I get my first AF. But obviously it makes it harder, because I don't know when AF is due, so don't know when I might ovulate. I have never used ovulation sticks in the past, or used any other method to predict, we seem to have always managed to just catch the egg by chance. I don't want to stress over it, but I don't want to miss the egg either.

It's nice to chat to people who have been through the same. I felt a bit lost on where I belonged on this forum for a few days!!

It would be nice to catch the next egg before af arrives but I'm not feeling hopeful. I'm still spotting at the minute but I almost feel nervous about doing the deed in case we do catch the egg and the same thing happend again. I just don't want to be a nervous wreck!!

I was tempted to get some ovulation tests but hubby doesn't agree with any of that. He thinks it's a bit over the top!! Hopefully the ovulation tests will help you.

I have got to admit, hubby does not know I am peeing on them every day. He likes sex to be about sex and not about making babies... I schedule it by setting the mood, he does not know it has been scheduled. Lol.

I know what you mean about not fitting in, in have never really 'tried' to get pregnant before.

Thank you :) I feel like people will think I'm silly for getting so upset at an early loss. I never thought for one second that I would lose it after having such am easy pregnancy last time with no first tri complications. Maybe I was being naive.

So should I expect to see AF on the normal cycle going by dates before I got pregnant? I hate not knowing when it's going to come!

I just can't wait to make my little boy a big brother. He's so ready to have a sibling now, I just want so badly to be able to give him that.

Exciting times ahead hopefully for all of us! Time to make our 2013 babies big brothers! :)

Sorry ladies I'm so behind. Just got back from dinner with my family. Loub127 usually once your m/c bleed start and stop then your first AF should come after that. As soon as I stop bleeding from m/c (2wks) my AF came on the same date as it usually does b4 I was Prego. And I was expecting 10wks with twins, so it didn't throw anything off. When I m/c the 2nd time at 5wks my cycle came right back on the next month too. So I say give your m/c time to bleed itself out then hopefully it'll stop and your AF should be coming along.

It's never naive to think you're going to have a normal pregnancy Bc that's how we suppose to think. Positive right! I did the same thing, I figured I had enough m/c's to last me so I felt like this lady pregnancy was going to make it, I even went out and bought two "big brother shirts"!! Now that's what you call naive :dohh: I won't do that ever again Bc now they're hanging up in my boy closet at the back where i can't see them. I know exactly how you feel my little boy sees all his cousins have bros and sisters except him, it hurt me so to hear him ask me about their bro n sis and not have one of his own.

But I am trying and trying I've gained over 80lbs since I got married trying to have more babies but all I get back is weight and more weight from all the m/c's.

I'm hoping n praying this time it's my time, our time!

I love Ovulation sticks Bc it really helps to pin point exactly when I ovulate so I won't have to play the guessing game and regret it if I missed it. Like today my sticks are very light so I won't BD tonight but I'm due to ovulate on this Fri-sat so I will start BD Tomorrow through Sat.

My hubby prefer the ovulation sticks Bc DTD can become tiresome with our busy schedules.

Hi ladies can I join you! My MC bleeding started May 15th. I decided to let my body do it naturally. I started doing opk's a week after bleeding stopped but considering how slow my hcg was going down I decided to stop so I didn't waste them all. It took 4 and a half weeks for my hug to get down to 1 then AF appeared 4 days later. My doc told us to wait 2 cycles but that's just not gonna happen. I'm upset that last cycle got screwed up. Will be starting opk's on Saturday which will be cd 13.

Hi ladies can I join you! My MC bleeding started May 15th. I decided to let my body do it naturally. I started doing opk's a week after bleeding stopped but considering how slow my hcg was going down I decided to stop so I didn't waste them all. It took 4 and a half weeks for my hug to get down to 1 then AF appeared 4 days later. My doc told us to wait 2 cycles but that's just not gonna happen. I'm upset that last cycle got screwed up. Will be starting opk's on Saturday which will be cd 13.

Hi Mattsgirl!!
Sorry about your loss..:cry: waiting on those hcg levels to drop can seem like forever. Hope you get it this time!!!

Thank you!! I really hope you get your forever bay this cycle too!

Oh I just feel blah!
I reckon my hormones may have had a big drop or something in the last 24 hours. I started bleeding again last night, I feel exhausted like I haven't slept (despite sleeping for about 9 0r 10 hours solid last night) my tummy feels crampy again.

Maybe I was a little bit too optimistic thinking I was going to be able to catch a egg straight away. Clearly my body hasn't even finished clearing everything out yet.

Sorry HPmum,
I know exactly how you feel! I thought mine had gone off from my last m/c Bc i stop bleeding but like 6 hrs later I went to use the restroom and blood again :wacko: then it went to very light bleeding to brown bleeding for like 3 days!!! I was like go off already!!! It was so crazy Bc it would be only a drop of brown blood meaning I'm still bleeding and still can't do anything....BUT I was getting closer I just needed the blood to stop.

Anything was better then carrying my 2 deceased babies around for two weeks waiting for my body to m/c them to learn that I had to have a D&C regardless.

Hpmum, just think you're closer then you were before, now your body has to do its job by getting your body cleaned out for you to TTC again!

Mattsgirl; do you have an idea when you'll ovulate?

On a normal cycle usually cd 15 or 16. But my cycles hadn't gone back to normal since coming off birth control. So I'm hoping it stays between cd 17 and 19 like it has been.

I know how you feel HPmum. I had crazy heavy bleeding for about a week then it stopped then the next day I started spotting and that lasted for 2 weeks.

Ah thanks ladies, I just so want to be able to get trying again as soon as possible, and when I don't even know if the miscarriage is actually finished I don't know when I will be able to get started... :) Just feeling sorry for myself right now, and sometimes it helps just to talk it out.

Mattsgirl I think I'll probably be ovulating with you hopefully. I do t know anymore myself either....ughhhh!

HPmum: yes please share, it really helps Bc I have no one else to talk to this stuff about but you all. Bc out of my circle of friends I'm the only one left still TTC while their all pregnant with # 2 or TTC # 3 I feel horrible about myself if I think to much about it and start despising everything and taking it out on my hubby. So I find myself here.....which definitely helps.

Well.....from what fertility friend and every fertility app I can find says I'm due to ovulate today and sat...but my opks are still showing a faint line no blooming line indicating I'm ovulating :cry: I don't know what's going on...I thought after a faint line on the opk indicating it picked up the Surge in your body you're due to ovulate working the next 12-36 hrs...well no dark red line here...now I'm feeling really confused thinking what if I dont...but last time it did take a week of faint lines to get that dark one but I'm just getting impatient.

Hey ladies! I'm still here... had a couple of days away from the forum because I kept going back into first tri and seeing all the conversations I was joining in on and it just made me sad :( I need to stop torturing myself by looking in there because it just gets me all upset. Well I think my bleeding has come to an end. Took 1 week in total. I am still getting a very small amount of yellowy browny type discharge (sorry tmi!!) which I hope is normal?! Occasionally I'm getting the odd AF type cramp but mainly in the evenings when I go to bed.

I'm assuming that my hcg levels are right down now because the last test I did which was last Sunday, which was a frer, was extremely faint.

Going by my previous cycles, AF would be due 11th July but I don't know what's going to happen this month!

Hope you're all doing okay :) xx

Nevergivingup do you check cervical mucus too? I have been reading up on it recently, and I think it would help give me a indication as to when my most fertile days are. Is it worth BDing just in case the fertility friend is right, but keep testing with the OPKs in case it happens slightly later in the month?

Loub127 I reckon we might be in a similar place HCG wise. I reckon the very last of mine dropped off yesterday, because I felt really low... sort of had the blues like a big hormone shift had happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->