November 2012 Due Dates

posted this in 2nd tri but will see what you guys think too..

i am having a very weird sensation in my upper right stomach. its under my right breast and wraps more to the side of my body. its not a pain, or a cramp, but just a nagging feeling and i find myself holding my side under my boob. also it feels warm and hot (but internally, not to the touch).

anyone got any ideas? google says maybe gallstones but i am hoping not...

WOW this thread slowed WAAAY down!!!! Were did everyone go?

Made it to week 16!! :happydance:

Also managed to make it through a semester of school in my first trimester and got a 4.0!! As you all know its hard to anything with baby brain, so I was shocked!

Doctors appointment today. Taking my son with me this time, and then we get to set our sonogram up for 2 weeks from now. Really excited.

i finally got my blood test results back for my first tri screening and i'm still worried... the nurse told us over the phone that our risk of ds is 1:150. she claimed this was normal and she wouldn't be worried unless it was 2nd tri results, but from everything i've read, that's considered high risk. guess i'll be discussing it with my doc at my appointment today...

This thread did slow down! I'm one of the guilty! I've been so exhausted. I can actually eat now without worrying, but I could sleep every moment of the day. Work is very difficult right now. Anywho, I am hoping the energy level comes back soon. I am officially 17 weeks today, so I thought there would be some relief. Still hoping:)

I had a doc appt yesterday and heartbeat was nice and strong at 155. Doc ordered another ultrasound, but I can't get in for two weeks. I cannot stand the anticipation of boy or girl, so I am getting a private us tonight at 5:30! WooHoo! $75 for a 2D gender scan sounds like the perfect way to spend a friday night. They also have 3D and 4D scans for $99 that we might do once we are past 23 weeks. So much fun! Pregnancy gets much more fun when things are happening!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and gets some much needed sleep!

WOW this thread slowed WAAAY down!!!! Were did everyone go?

I was thinking the same thing!!

We find out the gender 3 weeks from tomorrow!! Scheduled a private scan at 16 weeks because the wait was killing me! :) ours was $80... But totally worth it in my mind to know what we're having so I can start planning :)

stephers- have fun @ your scan tonight! can't wait to hear about your lo. do you have a feeling one way or another on boy or girl?

stephers- have fun @ your scan tonight! can't wait to hear about your lo. do you have a feeling one way or another on boy or girl?

We were 90% sure it's a boy until Wednesday...the heartbeat was still up at 155! I'm conflicted. I've had dreams about a boy as has DH. If it's a girl I am going to have to accept that I have zero intuition! 8 hours to go!!!!

I had an appt with my midwife yesterday and it certainly felt like she was pushing me to do amnio. I'm not sure why as I was told my NT scan and blood test results were good. We declined. But I was given a slip for another blood test for spins bifida screening. Anyone else? I'm 16+5 I believe. I'm sitting in a doctor's waiting area again today for a cervical length screening. I had a LEEP procedure last summer and they want to keep an eye on the length. If it is shortening then they need to stitch it shut! That sounds awful! I hope all is well in there. My Gyno at the time knew we were trying to conceive so she said she tried to be conservative in the amount of tissue to take out, but still get everything. I had a good pap smear last month so I hope she did a good job.

Woohooooo gender scan time!! My OB says I can add on an early gender scan for $25 at my appt next week (17 weeks) so I think I'll do that....and then if it's still too early to tell, they'll be doing another scan at 20 weeks for all the measurements and stuff and we'll find out then. It would be so amazing to know next week! I'm really hoping for a girl!!

MommaB -- congrats on 16 weeks! Hooray for avocados!! :)

Bexx -- hope you get more info from your doc today.....sorry you have to worry...that is not awesome!

Stephers -- congrats on the scan tonight! Definitely a fun way to spend a Friday! Can't wait to hear the news!! :)

I wonder why they are trying to force amnio on you? I don't blame you for declining...

My doctor's office includes the spina bifida screening at 16 weeks as part of the normal testing, so I wouldn't worry about that one too much. Good luck with all of your other testing. I hope everything goes well!

Hey everyone :) I too have been MIA...I have been checkling in for new posts but busy with guests from out of state so I haven't had much to write. My gender scan is Tuesday and I couldn't be more excited, we are really hoping for a sweet mamas boy to complete our family but a beautiful baby girl will be just as exciting and loved!! My mom has never been to an ultrasound so she will be coming with hubby, our daughter and I :)

Yay so happy to hear from everyone!!!

I cant wait to start hearing all the news of boy/girl results :happydance:

Todays appointment went well. Doctor had a hard time hearing babies heartbeat. We could hear it, but it was faint but still strong in the 140's. As she tried to move around to find a place that would make it louder (so my son could really hear it) we heard the LO kick the doppler twice lol. She said this may be due to my placenta being anterior (in the front) but we wont know until my sono on the 15th for sure. She said it could be that, or I have a stubborn one on my hands that likes to hide. I have never heard of the placenta attaching to the front of the uterus so im going to get my med books out and research that a bit.

My scan went well. The cervix looks good. That was done with the internal wand. Then she was sweet and pulled out the one for my tummy and showed me the baby too. I told her I didn't want to find out the gender since my hubby wasn't there. Good heartbeat at 153. Everything looked fine. I told her that it felt to me like the MW was pressuring me into amnio and she said that was weird.
Eventhough we didn't take a potty shot I sent one of the pics to my hubby and he called to declare it is a boy. I don't know how he can say. I don't see anything of note. :shrug:

Yay so happy to hear from everyone!!!

I cant wait to start hearing all the news of boy/girl results :happydance:

Todays appointment went well. Doctor had a hard time hearing babies heartbeat. We could hear it, but it was faint but still strong in the 140's. As she tried to move around to find a place that would make it louder (so my son could really hear it) we heard the LO kick the doppler twice lol. She said this may be due to my placenta being anterior (in the front) but we wont know until my sono on the 15th for sure. She said it could be that, or I have a stubborn one on my hands that likes to hide. I have never heard of the placenta attaching to the front of the uterus so im going to get my med books out and research that a bit.

My placenta is anterior as well, and I have a difficult time finding the heartbeat on my doppler at home for this reason I believe. I can still find it every day now, but it's still a bit faint and LO usually kicks away as soon as I find it :) I figure as long as I hear the kicking that means he/she is still doing ok!

Glad you got to hear the HB today!!

My scan went well. The cervix looks good. That was done with the internal wand. Then she was sweet and pulled out the one for my tummy and showed me the baby too. I told her I didn't want to find out the gender since my hubby wasn't there. Good heartbeat at 153. Everything looked fine. I told her that it felt to me like the MW was pressuring me into amnio and she said that was weird.
Eventhough we didn't take a potty shot I sent one of the pics to my hubby and he called to declare it is a boy. I don't know how he can say. I don't see anything of note. :shrug:

Glad to hear it! And you're a much stronger woman than I! I can understand wanting your DH there to find out the sex, but I'm sure I would have caved and had her tell me anyway :) But, glad to know everything else was fine with you and the baby!

After pulling my school books out, I feel a bit relieved that anterior placental attachment is common and will only pose a problem if it covers the scar from my previous c-section and tries to grow through it. I was also happy to hear that it may correct itself.

This also explains why I can feel the baby moving, but not from the outside. I cant wait for my DS and OH to feel it!!

Halftyme can you feel the baby move yet?

MommaB -- I was too chicken to say anything, I thought for sure people would think I was crazy! But yes, I have been feeling movement!! :) Not consistently, but every now and then I can tell when LO is kicking around. I don't think DH will be able to feel it for several weeks yet, especially since it's my first AND I have some extra "padding" :)....but I'm thrilled I can feel something now!

Glad you're relieved about the anterior placenta......I've read it's quite common as well and yes, that it will sometimes correct itself as we grow. Yay!

I had anterior placenta with my first and didnt feel much movement at all before 20 weeks and baby was making my tummy jump.

Very excited to have had my scan today, and happy to announce we are having a boy! Yay:blue:
Found it really weird watching baby bouncing, losing and pushing himself around with his feet and net being able to feel it all happening yet. I expect if he going to be this active all the time I shall soon be complaining of painful kicks and being kept up all night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->