November 2012 Due Dates

I was SURE it was a girl until they thought they saw something at 12 weeks. I was shocked, and to be honest, still thought they made a mistake. Of course it's very obvious and no mistake was made.

I'm not gonna lie, I had a few moments of sadness about having a boy because I always imagines myself having a girl. But i think I'm over it now and have embraced the idea of having a little man running around who LOVES their mama more than anything in the world. At least that's what I keep hearing about boys.

I def wanted to find out, because now I have time to adjust. If I would have thought t was a girl for forty weeks and THEN saw it was a boy, I would have been in shock :)

CA Vall I was the same way with my first born. I could only imagine myself with a little girl and felt horrible at my sono when I found it was a boy and was a bit disappointed. Then afterwards, I went out and shopped for my little guy and got excited. And what they say is right, little boys looove their mommies. Even now at 8 my son tells me how pretty I am and it melts my heart.

This go around in the begining I have felt it was a girl, maybe because I want one so badly, but in the last few days have been feeling really strong that it may be another little man. I will be happy either way, since I know we are going to try for another one after our wedding in April and the baby will be about 5 months old. If I dont have a girl this time, maybe the next one will be.

Congrats Sal & Stephers!!! A boy and a girl, so exciting :)

CAValleygirl- I LOVE the video, your mom is hysterical! Congrats again on your perfect baby boy :)

I don't have a strong feeling either way... Sometimes I refer to the baby as a she and other times as a he, so it'll be a super surprise for me! 2 weeks and 6 days for us too, mommybarry! Can't wait :)

This go around in the begining I have felt it was a girl, maybe because I want one so badly, but in the last few days have been feeling really strong that it may be another little man. I will be happy either way, since I know we are going to try for another one after our wedding in April and the baby will be about 5 months old. If I dont have a girl this time, maybe the next one will be.

OHG!! We are getting married on 6th April 2013. What is your date? :happydance:

I'm the same as Mommabarry, I was also a little disappointed at finding out my first was a boy but I soon got over it and he's the most gorgeous, loving little man ever. Much more affectionate than his girly friends. Xx

skweek35

Not really sure. We are taking a family vacation to florida in april and are going to suprise all of our family and get married one of the evenings we are down their. We are excited!! Just have to figure out what week we are going and then call ahead to schedule our suprise.

Omg what a great video I looooved watching your little man and hearing all your guys' expressions lol so awesome!! I cannot wait until tues I am soooooo excited to find out what our little one is! Did you have a feeling one way or another inside that it was boy or girl? I'm totally on the fence!!!

What time is your sono??????

I'm sure you have others to share with first, but we'll be waiting to find out the gender!

I have my 20 wk scan in 3 weeks on the 20th june. we weren't planning on finding out the babies gender but hearing all you guys finding out kind of makes me undecided now as to whether to find out or not!! My OH doesn't mind at all and wants it be up to me if we find out or not!! aggggrh I don't know now as feel really keen to know. Is there anyone else out there not planning on finding out?? some pros and cons and opinions from others would help me decide!!

I have my 20 wk scan in 3 weeks on the 20th june. we weren't planning on finding out the babies gender but hearing all you guys finding out kind of makes me undecided now as to whether to find out or not!! My OH doesn't mind at all and wants it be up to me if we find out or not!! aggggrh I don't know now as feel really keen to know. Is there anyone else out there not planning on finding out?? some pros and cons and opinions from others would help me decide!!

My very best friend since diapers is 2 weeks behind me and she and her husband are NOT finding out the sex of the baby... despite my constant excitement over finding out the gender of our baby in a little less than 3 weeks! Here's how our arguement typically goes:

Me: knowing the sex will allow me to plan and buy things before the baby gets here
Her: not knowing will be the ultimate surprise and things can be purchased after the fact if they don't come in a gender neutral option (which most items do).

She also gets really sappy about being in the delivery room with just her and her husband and sharing having a more fulfilling birth experience because not only do they get a baby, but the question they've been asking for 9 months will finally be answered. Me, I'm not that mushy... I always argue that point with, "my question will be answered too - I'll just find out 5 months before you!" :) I think it's choice that you have to consider from all angles. Will this create a more enjoyable birth experience? If you find out now will you wish you had waited or will the excitement at that point be worth finding out? There's just a lot to consider. I'm too much of a planner to wait, but I do think it would be pretty awesome to not know until the birth... but I know me, and I know it would drive me crazy (I'm going nuts now! I can't imagine waiting another 6 months!)

ValleyGirl --- LOOOVED the video!! thanks for sharing!! It was sooooo precious!! I couldn't stop smiling -- it was just what I needed today. You need to save that video file in 20 different places so you have it for when he gets married :)

I'm scheduled for a gender scan this Thursday.....hopefully things are clear and we'll be able to find out!! I wish I had the willpower to wait until the very end, but I don't. If we're having a boy I think I'll need some time to adjust....we both want a girl very badly!

My sis is preggo with her third LO, a boy, and she said when they found out it wasn't a girl she literally cried for an entire day lol. She is of course thrilled to have another healthy child now, but it makes me feel better....like it's okay to be a little disappointed for a little while at first.

I think it's totally normal and OK to feel a little disappointed if the gender is not what you were hoping for/expecting. I think we all spend so much time picturing our life with our LO's that it's hard not to lean toward one gender when visualizing all of the changes that are about to unfold. I think anyone would tell you it's okay. Can't wait to hear what you're having!! :)

Thanks for the insight into you and your friends views on finding out gender, i think I am going to hang in there and wait til d day! yikes may have to bite my tongue on the 20th though!!

Interesting what you say about gender disappointment and that may be a good reason to find out the gender so that you have time to adjust. But I've kind of done that in my own way...I have convinced myself that I a having a girl (i have always imagined having boys) so since totally believing that I'm having a girl and not a boy I'm now totally happy whatever the gender. Maybe me convincing myself that it's a girl is my way of adjusting to the fact that you can't control what you have even though you have a vision before you get pregnant, if that makes any sense?!

as tempting as it is, we're not finding out either. i have a really strong feeling that it's a boy, but i certainly wouldn't be disappointed if it came out with girl bits! at first i really really wanted a girl, but now that i feel so sure it's a boy, i've gotten myself used to the idea.

We'll I'm back......IT'S A GIRL!! We are very happy and excited but I'd be lying if I said I'm not a little disappointed...I never pictured myself with 2 girls and I think I'm having such a hard time because I feel like I can never love another girl like I love my daughter...I know it will change when she gets here and I will love her just as much and it makes me feel better that this feeling is normal when I was expecting/hoping for a boy...but I feel terrible for not being so excited like I was with my first daughter :( Anyways here are some pictures of our sweet baby Ela Renee :)

https://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/mommyh2/dce96d0d.jpg

https://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/mommyh2/c9e32263.jpg

https://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/mommyh2/5e8cce85.jpg

https://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/mommyh2/f49b869f.jpg

https://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/mommyh2/e17d8a48.jpg

https://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/mommyh2/15aad108.jpg

https://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/mommyh2/01090916.jpg

https://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii559/mommyh2/350536e3.jpg

:yipee: congrats mommyh!! :wohoo:

Im REALLY hoping we are also having a little girl.

Last night I had a dream, and when I dream about the baby I never know what gender it is. Last night, it was a little girl, who peed all down the front of my shirt :haha: Fingers crossed thats what we have

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! :hi: baby ela renee!

congrats on your little girl!

Congrats on the girl MommyH :)

MommaBarry, I also had a dream last night that I had a little girl. That was the first baby dream I've had :) We'll soon find out if it was right!

i had a dream that i had a little girl too. of course, it ended with me breastfeeding my cat, so i'm not really going to put too much stock in it. :haha:

Congrats MommyH! Another girl resting on her head! It's so hard when you picture a girl and a boy, but they'll have so much fun together!

I had dreams about having a boy on a few occasions and everyone kept calling the baby "he." That's what convinced me. My boss was in town and she said that my craving for sweets and the fact that my skin is very clear are signs of a girl. I'm glad she was right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->