November 2012 Due Dates

MommyH-Congrats on the little girl! Adorable name! :)
I understand where you are coming from. I'm on my 3rd girl...I just knew it was a boy this time too...so I was slightly disappointed in the beginning but now I'm excited. Both my girls are so different so I am curious to see how this one will be! :)

How is everyone feeling?

Thanks for the insight into you and your friends views on finding out gender, i think I am going to hang in there and wait til d day! yikes may have to bite my tongue on the 20th though!!

Interesting what you say about gender disappointment and that may be a good reason to find out the gender so that you have time to adjust. But I've kind of done that in my own way...I have convinced myself that I a having a girl (i have always imagined having boys) so since totally believing that I'm having a girl and not a boy I'm now totally happy whatever the gender. Maybe me convincing myself that it's a girl is my way of adjusting to the fact that you can't control what you have even though you have a vision before you get pregnant, if that makes any sense?!

Woohooo!! How exciting to wait until d day!! Good for you!! What you said makes total sense! I've kind of done the same thing with imagining it's a boy -- and actually, when we talk about the baby we always say "he" and we've only really thrown out boy names. DH is pretty convinced it's a boy, and he's eerily right about things like this......so my "time to adjust" after we find out we're really having a boy (unless miraculously we're having a girl!! :) ) is just time for me to humbly admit that DH was right all along (as usual) haha :haha:

I really am truly ecstatic with either gender -- it's our first and we want at least one of each, so at this point we're beyond thrilled that I'm still pregnant and the baby is healthy! It is such a blessing to be able to have this baby!

MommyH -- massive congrats!!!! I LOVE the name you've chosen -- very classy, but very suitable for an adorable little girl! I bet your daughter is super excited and will make a wonderful big sis! Maybe #3 will be a boy -- third times the charm, right? :)

Congratulations MommyH!!! Adorable name!

Speaking of names, my husband and I got into it re baby names tonight... He just shot down my three favorite and I cried! He felt bad but didn't know if it was better to lie to me and lead me on through the pregnancy that he liked the names when he really didn't.

I need some SERIOUS HELP with baby boy names.

halfthyme, you're so right, we should be grateful for still being pregnant, so we're both adjusting, can't wait to hear what you are having! You'll have a while to wait for me though ;)

Boys names are HARD! we do have one that we both love and of course one for a girl seeing that's what we're convinced we're having!! girls names are a lot easier, but i too have had some of my life long favourite names shot down :(

CAVally.... im so sorry that he shot down you names :nope:

I find it easier with boys to use part of the family in part of their name. Like in the middle name. If we have a boy my OH middle name is Thomas. So all we had to do it find a name that went with that, that we both agreed on. And we both agreed on Jack. So if my little bundle of joy has a third leg he will be baby Jack Thomas.

For some reason I find it easier to come up with boy names then girl

In the same respect I totally shot down my OH life long boy name. He wanted Rant Casey (its even part of his email address :haha:)

No way was I naming my son Rant :dohh:

Boys names are hard! You have to think of one you like but is still going to suit a 30 year old man, It took us ages to decide on Leo so if this one turns out to be a boy we are screwed as we have used the only name for a boy we could agree on!

I really like short names like Leo, Max, Ben - but the hubby doesnt really like Max or Ben
Girls names are easier because they are lovely and cute and they will always stay that way - but funnily the names I liked when I was pregnant with Leo and Sophie for girls I am now not really keen on, strange how tastes change!

I actually MCed. Would you be able to move me over to the Not Forgotten? Thanks x

Olivette, I am so sorry to hear your news. I hope you are ok? :hugs:

Lol Bexxc!!

Congrats on another gorgeous girly Mommyh!!

I too am secretly hoping for a girl this time. No clues at the scan on Monday so FX. I always imagined myself with a girl and.. and I hate to say this.. I think I will be so much more excited for the rest of my pregnancy knowing it's a little girl. I would love to wait until the birth, which is what I originally had planned, but I'm just too impatient and would love the rest of the pregnancy to either get totally over excited about having a girl or adjusting to the fact I'm having a boy. God that sounds awful.

Names wise, like mellly we used the only boys name we could agree on last time. My dh vetoed my favourites: Sebastian, Elliott and Ethan. I have no idea on boys names now. If it's a girl my dh loooves Alice. It was on our short list last time and I do really like it, I'm just wondering if it's the one. I would love a really pretty name - possibly a longer one than Alice. My name is Ann so I'm fed up with short, boring names!! I love my middle name Elizabeth though and would happily shorten it to Beth. Think we are waiting until we know the sex to think properly.

So my bump is getting more baby like now but I can see people looking and wondering. Generally people don't notice it but I'm so flat chested now I've finished bfeeding that it protrudes quite far out in comparison!!

Olivette - so sorry to hear your news :( Big hugs to you :hugs:

DH also shot down the names I've had picked for both boy and girl since I was 10! I couldn't believe he actually said no, but I agree that it's something we both need to be happy with. My grandfather's name was Rock and we shared a really special bond when I was younger so I've always said I would name my baby boy Rock but DH thinks it is ridiculous... we've agreed for it to be a middle name instead (all of my friends and family know that I have been holding onto this name, so I'm sure they'll call the baby Rock anyway... if it's a boy). The girl names I had picked out were Emily and Quinn and DH knows girls with both names that were apparently pretty loose in college and refuses to give our child that name... stupid hoochies! Both of our moms are named Elizabeth, so that was an easy middle name, but we're still struggling with a girls first name. We both love Audrey, but after researching the characteristics common for that name I can't possibly give that name to my child because it is so opposite of me or my husband... (I'll give you the website, but I'll warn you now... If you do NOT want to know the meaning and possibly ruin a perfectly good name... DON'T LOOK!!! it's www.kabalarian.com). I wish I hadn't looked at that website in the first place - naming our child would have been much easier without it!

Anyway - sorry for the rant. :)haha: MommaBarry!) We've agreed on Davis Rock DeRosa for a boy and possibly Andi Elizabeth DeRosa for a girl (but that one is still undecided... we keep going back and forth)

Just wanted to add that I still love the name Audrey and think it is beautiful... and of course not all people named Audrey act the same (like I said, I wish I had never found that website), but considering my family and how strong willed we all are, the characteristics of Audrey would not blend well with our family... but it is still a beautiful name.

Lol Mrs 326.

So I checked out that website did our girls name (for a girl we are leaning towards Madalyn Jane) I liked what I read, excpet the can be frustrated in life part. Then I did my own name, and it was dead on!! Thank you for sharing that website

Isn't it freaky how accurate they are?! I did every person in my family (and even some friends of ours) and they were all dead on! Of course, some things can be interpreted differently, but it was scary how right it was, so I decided we better find a name that fit better with our current family dynamics :)

i tried out our perspective names too! strangely, they both (boy or girl) described perfectly how i envision our children so i guess i'll stick with them.

interesting site, still like our chosen names and what they said and surprisingly did my own and OH's names and eerily accurate!!

CAVally.... im so sorry that he shot down you names :nope:

I find it easier with boys to use part of the family in part of their name. Like in the middle name. If we have a boy my OH middle name is Thomas. So all we had to do it find a name that went with that, that we both agreed on. And we both agreed on Jack. So if my little bundle of joy has a third leg he will be baby Jack Thomas.

For some reason I find it easier to come up with boy names then girl

Haha, keep 'em coming! Help a sister out :)

Olivette - so sorry to hear your news :( Big hugs to you :hugs:

DH also shot down the names I've had picked for both boy and girl since I was 10! I couldn't believe he actually said no, but I agree that it's something we both need to be happy with. My grandfather's name was Rock and we shared a really special bond when I was younger so I've always said I would name my baby boy Rock but DH thinks it is ridiculous... we've agreed for it to be a middle name instead (all of my friends and family know that I have been holding onto this name, so I'm sure they'll call the baby Rock anyway... if it's a boy). The girl names I had picked out were Emily and Quinn and DH knows girls with both names that were apparently pretty loose in college and refuses to give our child that name... stupid hoochies! Both of our moms are named Elizabeth, so that was an easy middle name, but we're still struggling with a girls first name. We both love Audrey, but after researching the characteristics common for that name I can't possibly give that name to my child because it is so opposite of me or my husband... (I'll give you the website, but I'll warn you now... If you do NOT want to know the meaning and possibly ruin a perfectly good name... DON'T LOOK!!! it's www.kabalarian.com). I wish I hadn't looked at that website in the first place - naming our child would have been much easier without it!

Anyway - sorry for the rant. :)haha: MommaBarry!) We've agreed on Davis Rock DeRosa for a boy and possibly Andi Elizabeth DeRosa for a girl (but that one is still undecided... we keep going back and forth)

Were you as sad as I was when your DH shot down your names? I felt like a part of me died since I have had them on a list for over five years (emotional and over dramatic, that's for sure!!)

Oh, and Mrs... I just checked out that site and it's description for me was so DEAD ON it kind of freaked me out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->