November 2012 Due Dates

omg carter was my husbands 2nd name choice for a boy!!!

murray carter eaton.

sounds okay? our last name is tough..

Funny, Carter will be out little ones middle name if it's a boy. It was my great grandmothers maiden name and so a family tradition as both my Grandad and father's middle name was given as Carter. I love it as a name too which is a bonus!

Don't worry the first name will be Joshua, not Murray though :winkwink:

nice! love carter. i also love the use of a family name. we couldnt come up with a boy name we liked. murray was originally going to be the middle name, but it ended up being the 1st (as of now).

Thats cute, I like Murray Carter, Carter is actually my maiden name and we were going to use it as a first name is I was having a boy... I love Cadence and she will be cady and then I LOVE parker, but hubby said he liked mackenzie better and I liked the idea of cady and kenzie, since I would call her kenzie. Cadences middle name is Colleen for my husbands aunt you passed away just after her 50th birthday of cervical cancer about 2 years ago, she was the greatest person you would ever meet, she was ALWAYS happy and easygoing, and it was a very sad and hard time, and I actually love the name grace but I dont love it as a first name and I didnt want ANY names that were in the top 20 list of names. Picking names is the WORST thing ever. cuz you hardly ever agree and then when you do agree you are always questioning will they get made fun of, what if it doesnt fit them...I hate picking names out!

colsy-I have been having lots of braxton hicks this time since about 16 weeks. More so since 18. I had early labor signs at 30 weeks with my 2nd baby and was put on bed rest so now its happening again and I'm back on bed rest. I have more than just braxton hicks though. Usually drinking water and laying on your left side works if you're getting them regularly. I agree--it's so early to be feeling them already!

WOW Love all the names being tossed around!

Really love Carter -- esp if it's your maiden name -- love the idea of using as a first name! I think it sounds great with Murray and Eaton!

Freya -- just adore this name, not one I hear (like ever), especially in the US. Sounds SO elegant and beautiful!!

Carys -- again, so beautiful and unique (I think). What a great name!

Grace -- love it! This is on my short list for girl's names!

I've been really stuck on/enamored with Madeleine Mae for a girl, but have recently thought about Grace, too. Either way, the middle name will definitely be Mae (MIL middle name) or Kay (DH middle name and my sister's name too). DH's contribution to our name brainstorm was "Gunner" or "Sig" for a boy :dohh:. He is a firearms nut and liked the idea of the name starting with "gun" lol or "Sig", after the maker Sig Sauer. I'm still hoping it's definitely a girl so I don't have to tell him those names won't work. lol

DH's contribution to our name brainstorm was "Gunner" or "Sig" for a boy :dohh:. He is a firearms nut and liked the idea of the name starting with "gun" lol or "Sig", after the maker Sig Sauer. I'm still hoping it's definitely a girl so I don't have to tell him those names won't work. lol

guys are so funny! fx'd that you've got a girl on the way so you can save that talk for a later time!

dh and i are pretty set on names.

for a girl we're going with bryn morgan. morgan is dh's name and he's named after his uncle. i thought it would be really cute to pass daddy's name to a little girl.

for a boy, we're going back and forth between two variations of the same name. we would want to name him after my grandfather, john raymond. i like that, but sometimes it sounds too grown up or old fashioned for me, so we thought johnny ray might be better. we haven't really decided what to go with yet, but we have time.

WOW Love all the names being tossed around!

Really love Carter -- esp if it's your maiden name -- love the idea of using as a first name! Charlie -- I also think it sounds great with Murray and your last name!

Freya -- just adore this name, not one I hear (like ever), especially in the US. Sounds SO elegant and beautiful!!

Carys -- again, so beautiful and unique (I think). What a great name!

Grace -- love it! This is on my short list for girl's names!

I've been really stuck on/enamored with Madeleine Mae for a girl, but have recently thought about Grace, too. Either way, the middle name will definitely be Mae (MIL middle name) or Kay (DH middle name and my sister's name too). DH's contribution to our name brainstorm was "Gunner" or "Sig" for a boy :dohh:. He is a firearms nut and liked the idea of the name starting with "gun" lol or "Sig", after the maker Sig Sauer. I'm still hoping it's definitely a girl so I don't have to tell him those names won't work. lol

Madeleine is the name we are using for a girl too :thumbup: not sure how we want to spell it but for sure the middle name will be Jane my mothers middle name

madeline is such a cute name. unfortunately just one of the ones i would never use. i find that, as a teacher, (oh gosh i should never admit this) choosing names can be difficult as some of them have been ruined by um...less than pleasant experiences with students or their families :haha:

We're going with Vanessa for a girl. Not sure on the middle name. He liked Nadia for a while, but changed his mind when he realized that is "the octomom"'s name. I'm open to suggestions. :)

Love all the talk of names. :)
I'll give a history on my girls names.
Kelsie is the first name my DH and I agreed on and Nicole is my middle name and it sounded good with Kelsie so we have Kelsie Nicole.
Adalynn Lee is a combination of grandmother names. We both have great-grandmas named "Ada" and my MIL's middle name is "Lynn." So thats where the spelling came from. It's basically Madeline without the "m". Lee is my mom, grandma and great-grandpa's names.
Then this baby Lanay Rayne. Lanay is my DH's grandmothers middle name and we love it for a first name, and Rayne is just something we agreed on that made it sound pretty. :)

love these names. my cousins name is vanessa and i love that name. her middle name is grace :)

madeline is such a cute name. unfortunately just one of the ones i would never use. i find that, as a teacher, (oh gosh i should never admit this) choosing names can be difficult as some of them have been ruined by um...less than pleasant experiences with students or their families :haha:

Ditto to that hun! So many names have been ruled out because I taught a 'child' with that name! DF still teases me and says we ARE going to name our child a certain name! I DONT THINK SO!! Tehee

I knew there was a reason I liked you ladies...such good taste in names! Although I'm surprised at how popular madeleine/madeline/(however you spell it lol) is. DH woke up today with a new suggestion if it's a boy -- "glock", of course after the gun. Glock Lyon. Just rolls off the tongue. :dohh:

Bexx -- I TOTALLY get the name association thing....my sister is a teacher (at a behavioral lockdown high school for problem children! :wacko:) and had a difficult time finding names that weren't shared with her students. Love the boys name you have picked out though! I don't think it sounds old fashioned at all.....great/easy to get a nickname out of for when they're little and works well as an adult.

Bookity -- love Vanessa! Seems like a single-syllable name would work well with that.....like Kate, Lynn, May, etc... I have to agree with your DH on the octomom name.....Nadia has kind of forever been ruined for me because of that lol

Ashley -- love the history of your girls' names! So nice they will grow up knowing they were named after people who loved them. Makes me want to try harder to find a family name to use for the first name.

I agree a single syllable name sounds best. DDs middle name is Anya, and my husband would like another girls name to also have a semi "exotic" sounding quality. That's why he initiallly wanted Nadia. TBH, I was never fond of that name so I'm not bothered that he nixed it.

Feel like we're back to the drawing board for boy's names. DH wants nothing yhat can be nicknamed, or if it can he wants to demand only the full name be used. Tall order if you ask me. He said we could use Benjamin, but I know I myself would call him Ben, so what's the point?

Can't wait til Tuesday next week, I'll finally have a date for my anatomy u/s.

Hi Ladies! I feel like I've missed a lot over the weekend!! :)

I LOVE the name Vanessa. One of my very best friends is named Vanessa and her middle name is Jean. I like it. It's different. :)

We're set on a boy name: Davis Rock DeRosa (my grandfather's name was Rock)

I think I shared my crazy story about the name analysis with you all. We originally fell in love with the name Audrey but the meaning just didn't sit well with our family dynamic. However, when you change the spelling to Audry, it gives it a slightly different meaning that fits in much better with our family, so I think we may use that one. Although, I'm a little iffy about using unique spelling for a common name, but Hey! If it makes it work for us, then why not. So, if it's a girl, it will most likely be Audry Elizabeth DeRosa (both of our moms are named Elizabeth, so that's an easy choice!).

Oh - and I'm late on this one, but CONGRATS ON THE GIRL, VIKING! :)

We've got Phoebe Anne for a girl .... haven't got a clue for a boy!! We just know the middle name will be James .... maybe Oscar for the first name or Oliver but there isn't anything we love.

2 days until our scan :happydance: Oh the suspense is killing me.

Had another weird pregnancy dream about breastfeeding again. The first time around it was a girl. Last night it was a little boy and he pooped on the floor next to my grandmas food. :haha:

I had several dreams early on that our baby was a girl. My husband had a dream about two weeks before the scan that our baby was a boy. I was right...

I've had several dreams that our baby was a girl... but last night I had a dream that I was in labor, had the baby, and when they handed it to me they said "It's a BOY!". This wait is killing me! 3 MORE DAYS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->