November 2012 Due Dates

Momma, sorry you are dealing with this. I have heard some stories on that retailer that make you disgusted! I worked for them myself up til January this year when I decided to be a SAHM. I think some of these attitudes must vary by store. While I disliked some policies, they were always pretty accomodating for me in my pregnancy. Sorry your store sucks like that.

Could you take the whole year off and find a new job after the little one is born?

If you have a big freezer and a bulk food store close by, that could help you save some money. It's a lot more eating in. When both my parents were out of a job we ate lots of hamburger and lots of chicken. I don't know all the budget ins and outs because I was in third grade at the time. Just got used to hearing "no" a lot.

I wish you the best in this hard time. When times are really tough you'll see just how amazing the people around you are.

And lots of :hug: :hug: :hug:

Viking if it's any consolation I just ate sweets and rubbish last time and ok I had a large baby but I didn't get GD. :)

Momma - I agree, if you can seek advice just to double check where you stand. xx

Bookity - I read "policies" in your post as "pickles" for some reason and now I'm really, really craving one!

Fish&Chips, I just got to my goal weight two days after my BFP and it's been hard to see the weight pile back on. I swear, if I eat any white carb it goes straight to my fat reserves. I'm envious of people that can eat them. I have been trying to be better now but first tri sucked. I ate crackers until I couldn't face eating another one. I ate Mac n cheese, pastas, toast in an attempt to curb the nausea and it was all in vain! I don't know why I didn't realize it at the time. I guess desperation? That nausea was horrific. Now that I can stand to eat veggies again I'm back to eating lots of salads. I'm so exhausted though! The grocery store is my biggest obstacle. I can prepare once it's home but getting to the store is hard. Good to know it isn't necessarily going to turn into GD. I've definitely put on way too much and I know more will come. I'm trying much harder to do better though.

Someone brought to my attention how much my son and I look alike...thought it was too funny not to share:)

Attachments

• sidebyside.jpg
    sidebyside.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 4
Lol! Brilliant!

Viking I was the same last time but I seem much better this pregnancy. I'm eating lots of carbs and am not doing too badly. X

Oh Momma!

I am in HR and I can tell you that the largest retailer in the world is probably trying to squeeze you out. As ridiculous as that sounds, it is extremely common in the US. I worked for a much much much smaller retailer and even women who were in HR were squeezed out. It seems as though the child bearing process is much more important in other countries/cultures than in ours. If you can make the leave of absence work, I would! I would also call HR though as having a conversation about how your supervisor does all the work is ridiculous. Sounds like somebody got promoted and they're a little big for their boots these days!

You are right in taking leave so that you keep your insurance. Even if you call HR, I think that you would suddenly find yourself without benefits at part time. I think you may have a case if they drop you to part time and take away the benefits of an expectant mother, but the cost to fight them would most likely ruin you. It's sad that people are allowed to behave that way in the workplace, but I've watched Managers and HR people look for every possible loophole just to be giant jerks.

What are you going to school for? Sounds like your prospects will be greatly improving!!!

Hi everyone. Thought I'd start a thread so we can share our EDD with each other. Hopefully we can find bump buddies to share our experience with.

Gender Count
10 :pink: 6 :blue: 2 :yellow:

November
1st
nicoley
nikkihennes
mellllly :blue:
NicoleLJ
charlie15 :yellow:
Sunni
Erised
natasharobin
jupton
anna76
2nd
discoclare
mellymoo.
treetop21
Kaylami
Stephers35 :pink: Amara
Pink Sugar
leeann1002
3rd
ToniT
Buckles
Coleey
mary81
Inge
Reedy
wildflower86
Babee_Bugs
4th
ashleywalton :pink:Lanay Rayne
tryingg
bubblej23
Mwd1985
Eviemoo
SpringerS
MrsWright22
chary
Viking15 :pink:
wishfulmom2b :blue: Murray
Sarahbear
Emma2012
celticmum
5th
silver_penny
Hayaddie
Sal85 :blue: Oscar Henry
Strike
gaiagirl
laney_bump
Wish4another
mommy2010
mrsvaldez
Cata
bamagun
CharlieKeys :pink: Phoebe Anne
6th
arnz0
lovealittle1
ginny83
Ilikecake
Soon2Bee
foxforce
BelleF
booflebump
destynibaby
Karin_
7th
theclarks8687
kassxox
skweek35 :pink:
Natnoodo
jessy1101
Cridge
mazee71
8th
nyomi1990
minties
lovewithin
myluckyyear
Malakai13
ShelbyLee
LilyTTC
imogenwanted
cats baby
CuteandPreggo
myway2000
9th
pinktree
auntylolo
Jedigirl
hollsarena :blue:
10th
SleepyBaby
Savvy
UenvyMEsha
newserenity
Mypreciouskid
EmmaCharlotte
11th
CAValleygirl :blue:
Savvy2413
quakingcanopy
HalfThyme007 :pink:
Stinkerbell,
colsy
12th
MommaBarry :pink:
MommyH :pink: Ela James
myvirgoways
steelergirl55
CortneyMarie
Thaynes
Jennylee1016
13th
ttc1soon
Tink1986
Dahlia2007
kbf48
14th
stitchycat
girdy
15th
Kare2012
MissCherry15
dbb
loob53
Meandmybucket
michelle01
16th
corgankidd
HCothren
Hopeful10
ErikaJo85
AMM1031 :pink::pink: Cadence Colleen & MacKenzie Grace
wifeywoo2
valdree
Blackbuttafly
allets
17th
nikalicious
morri
cupkates
P.Lily
shoreviewgrrl
18th
veeeh
HisGrace
oh_so_blessed
19th
hope0678
20th
skunkpixie
tabitha561
Ajos
mammytoerin
21st
keepholdingon
Bookity
Sproutlet
Bergebabe
22nd
Fish&Chips
pinkribbon
Winks
bexxc :yellow:
23rd
Dream.dream
janna
rottpaw
24th
bugaboobaby
25th
taylorxx
26th
LadyW
hopestruck
jrwifey18
27th
Mrs.326 :blue: Davis Rock
Becki_k1
28th
mummy1985
29th
sailorsgirl
Inoue
30th
Ichisan

:angel:Not Forgotten:angel:
Rhiaberry, crancherry, VJean, Saranna80, Wiggler, MrsMcK04, Cubinthehub, Annie77, Olivette

Can I please be added onto the list for the 27th. X :flower:

Oh Momma!

I am in HR and I can tell you that the largest retailer in the world is probably trying to squeeze you out. As ridiculous as that sounds, it is extremely common in the US. I worked for a much much much smaller retailer and even women who were in HR were squeezed out. It seems as though the child bearing process is much more important in other countries/cultures than in ours. If you can make the leave of absence work, I would! I would also call HR though as having a conversation about how your supervisor does all the work is ridiculous. Sounds like somebody got promoted and they're a little big for their boots these days!

You are right in taking leave so that you keep your insurance. Even if you call HR, I think that you would suddenly find yourself without benefits at part time. I think you may have a case if they drop you to part time and take away the benefits of an expectant mother, but the cost to fight them would most likely ruin you. It's sad that people are allowed to behave that way in the workplace, but I've watched Managers and HR people look for every possible loophole just to be giant jerks.

What are you going to school for? Sounds like your prospects will be greatly improving!!!

Stephers you got it!!!
If I get dropped to part time-no benifits. And your right, they know I could not fight them. Your also right, they are trying to squeeze me out. They did this to a 60 year old woman with brain cancer. She had a shunt in her head when she returned and the offered her an over night position, knowing she could not take, but it covered there butts and she quit.
At this point all im concerned about is my insurance for the next 6 months. So taking leave and keeping it for a year with the coverage im at is my best bet. I return to work Monday, I am going to HR to get my papers before they have a chance to do otherwise.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! i can't believe that they can do that to someone just after a major op for brain cancer, that's shocking. You're employment rights seriously suck in the states. I think I know who you work for and they own some stores in the UK...i won't be stepping foot in one of them again, consumer power! well a little!

Good luck on Monday, really hope you get in there before they do.

Your right Charlie, the states are mainly focused on money, money, money. Unlike over the pond that cares about family and education.

Im sure you do know who I work for, considering they are in every town in every country. The company used to be a good one to work for, before the the sole owner and creator passed away in the 90's. Since his family has taken over, so has the greed. He would be turning over in his grave.

But I am going to start a new chapter, focus on school (stephers im going to school for medical assisting) and focus on being the best mom I can be. Who knows, "the worlds largest retailer" may have just given me a blessing in disguise wrapped up with a slap in the face. :haha: Way to look at the bright side eh?

Your right Charlie, the states are mainly focused on money, money, money. Unlike over the pond that cares about family and education.

Im sure you do know who I work for, considering they are in every town in every country. The company used to be a good one to work for, before the the sole owner and creator passed away in the 90's. Since his family has taken over, so has the greed. He would be turning over in his grave.

But I am going to start a new chapter, focus on school (stephers im going to school for medical assisting) and focus on being the best mom I can be. Who knows, "the worlds largest retailer" may have just given me a blessing in disguise wrapped up with a slap in the face. :haha: Way to look at the bright side eh?

Good for you! screw the b*****ds!!

I'm sure the founder is rolling over in his grave at what has happened to his company Momma! Excellent on you for being able to see the bright side of it!

Could nesting syndrome have set in already. Or am I just bored??
Have just folded and packed away underwear, hung the winter coats in the spare room cupboard, sorted out Speckles clothes again, sorted washing for ironing tonight, packed away winter shoes and boots, cleared the dinner table of crap, emptied the dustbins, watered the indoor plants and brought the hangers down ready for ironing session!
I must be coming down with something - I am never this homely!!
No prizes for guessing what I'm up to tonight then while DF watches the football/soccer!!

I'm hoping someone on here can help me out - looking for some ideas for granddad's birthday in a few weeks.
As this is his first granddaughter I was hoping to get him something a bit special from our Little Speckle.

I have already ordered a birthday card from funkypigeon. But would like to get him something special from his first granddaughter

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"