November 2012 Due Dates

i've had a horrible day :cry: :cry:

i should start by saying it doesnt invovle the health of me or baby...

sadly my husband and i are estranged from most of his family including his mother, father, and older brother. we have not communicated in awhile but they do know where we live. they found out somehow that we were pregnant and i was pretty upset about it but months had gone by with no letter or email sent to a very old email so i thought we might be okay. but today his father showed up at the house banging on the door. he is very violent, unstable, alcoholic, and unpredictable. he never showed up here and my stomach dropped. he didnt see us, we saw him banging on the door from window. we waited but when he started again on another door 10 minutes later we called the cops. they took a bit to come (annoying) and he was gone. he wasnt parked in our driveway so theres a change he saw cop car too and got away.

so basically i am scared crapless. i am home alone from 6am to 4pm everyday. the law in my state says we can get a no contact lawyer through a court date but you need evidence. we cant get an emergency hearing. i am so scared :( i dont want to take walks or be alone.

sorry so long but i feel lost and kind of helpless. :cry:

oh, wishful. i'm so sorry. that's an utterly horrible situation to be in! is your house alarmed? perhaps you could look into that. i feel a lot more secure when i'm at home alone if i know the alarm will go off the second someone enters.

if you have renter's insurance, call your insurance company and find out who they recommend. usually if you use their preferred company, you can get a discount on installation or on your insurance bill.

If all else fails they sell alarms at wal-mart that go on windows and doors. They are great once your LO gets mobile on the front door!! I had to install them, my son was an escape artist.

thanks, i'll look into the alarms at walmart. it stinks to have to deal with this crap. i dont want to be so stressed while pregnant :(

thanks, i'll look into the alarms at walmart. it stinks to have to deal with this crap. i dont want to be so stressed while pregnant :(

That's terrible! I'm sorry you have to go through that right now. I would def look ino an alarm and it would be nice to have a company respond if the alarm sounds. While I would keep your doors locked, you cannot make yourself a victim. You will drive yourself crazy. Keep your cell close at hand and make sure you have at least one neighbor (whether your friends with them or not) that know about the situation.

I hope he doesn't return so that you can relax and not have to worry about their drama!

Oh, Wishful! Big hugs to you! I can't imagine going through that with family and I'm so sorry you're dealing with this situation. I would say stay out of the house as often as you can - go be with friends, take walks, go shopping, etc. I wouldn't feel comfortable at home either in that situation, but don't let it hold you prisoner! Hopefully that was just a one off random event and it won't happen again.

wishful - sorry to hear that you are under so much stress right now! I totally agree with Stephers advice though.

Called my OB's office today. My QUAD screen came back negative! So that's a load off! I did schedule an ultrasound for 28 weeks though. For mine and my husband's peace of mind we would like to see that the cyst has resolved (most do by that time and I pray we're in the category). MIL was happy to hear the news and said that FIL had said they would pay for this ultrasound if our insurance does not (since it's elective and all).

Other news - DD crawled a few inches yesterday, and went a few feet today! :p Just got to give her the right motivation. She LOVES pushing the buttons on the handheld phone, so I set it a few feet in front of her and she zoomed right to it! :) I know she might be a little behind, but I'm confident that when she does start walking she's going to catch on really quick. She's already showing signs that she'd rather be on her feet than all fours.

Awe Bookity! What a great milestone! My nephew basically went from belly to feet. He hardly spent anytime crawling and as soon as he figured out walking he was off! You couldn't keep him still for anything :) He was such a fun toddler!

scan today was fabulous. i managed to not cave and stick to team yellow!!!

https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/bexxc/22weeksprofile1.jpg

https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/bexxc/22weeks3dcoxnose.jpg

anyone who wants to take a stab at gender just for fun is welcome to...

Awe, Bexx! Such a cutie :)

I'd guess Boy, but I don't really have any reasoning behind it :haha: Maybe because we already have so many girls on this board ;)

Wishful, I don't really have any advice. I just want to express my sympathy for the difficult position you have been put in. Please stay safe. :hugs:
Bexx, I agree with the guesses. To me that looks like a little boy's face. :cloud9:

Awww Bookity what a relief on the test!!! And congrats on the crawling :)

Bexx -- wow you are a strong woman! Good for you for sticking team yellow! I have to go with the other ladies -- I think it's a boy, too! What cute pics, thanks for sharing!

Wishful -- hugs to you! I hate drama, especially crazy in-law-family drama! Hope you can find a solution that gives you some peace of mind!

Bex I guessing a girl!! Lol!!

How is everyone??

Btw if y'all ever wanna come one over to me n Bex thread it's on the tww section called. Bring on baby.. It's just us to and another ladie.. Come join!! We respond right away!!!

Morning ladies,

Bookity -great milestone with LO!! My god-son crawled for all of 2 days and then discovered he could run! and he hasn't stopped ever since - he is now 6yrs!!

Bex - I'm also guessing a girl - that head looks a bit girlie/dainty.

Well been another frustrating sleepless night - although I did get more sleep last night - a whole 7 hours compared to 4 the night before!! This is one part of pregnancy I am not enjoying! Its not even as if I can put my finger on why I cant get back to sleep! I'm not overly hot, worried, uncomfortable, needing to pee or have an active baby!
:grr:

Hope everyone has a really good day!!

skweek I feel you on that. As you can see I am still up (its 12:30am here) and probably will be until about 2 am. I will sleep for about 2 hours wake up, go back to sleep and this goes on until about 8am. I would LOVE just a straight 7 hours of sleep. Guess thats a dream a couple of years in the making :haha:

My hubby woke me up so I could see/hear the storm because I've been wanting one for a while. I'm so sleepy though so it's time to rejoin DD in dreamland.

Also, Vanessa's moving around like crazy!

Goodnight. Hope sleep finds you ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->