November 2012 Due Dates

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! Weight gain is definitely part of it (anyone else gaining weight in their hips/thighs??) and also that I just don't have the drive. I feel like I should give in at some point since there will be a good 6-8 weeks after delivery that it'll be completely off the table, but blah - I'm just not in the mood.

Me me me!! especially my thighs....horrible isn't it. I've put on 12kg in total and other than bump and boob, it's my thighs and hips :growlmad:

Same here Charlie! I'm not sure about my overall weight gain (I avoid the scale at our house and don't ask the doctor at my appointments). As long as the doctor says "weight gain is normal" I don't dare ask the number! I'm sure toward the end I'll be tempted to hop on a scale and see, but for now I'll steer clear. I've heard our bodies have a natural tendency to store fat in our hips/thighs/butt during pregnancy and most of it is gone by 6 months of breast feeding... hopefully that's true and the thighs leave after breastfeeding and working out regularly again.

women in general gain weight in their hips and thighs... terrible!! when i lost weight a few years back (45 pounds) i lost my boobs but kept my hips... fun stuff lol

and DH accepts that there wont be anymore DTD... my sciatica etc. makes me barley be able to change in the morning so i think he understands lol

Yep i've heard it all pretty much comes off after BFing too....well i really hope it does....but you should see the size of my legs after a shift at work...not just ankle, calf swelling, it's my whole leg, it's so bad i actually laughed at myself in the mirror this week, it was that or cry!!

Good Lord the thighs!

When I started to get a bump, I went out and bought a bunch of pants including capris, jeans and pants for work in my normal size 6. I can still fit into one pair of pants (barely), but the rest make me look like sausage. I'm up a good two sizes. I've always had trouble finding pants and jeans to fit my backside though, so this is unfortunately very familiar territory.

I hope that breastfeeding takes it off because I won't feel comfortable going low carb until the girl is weened.

...and I won't even start talking about the new cottage cheese on the backs of my legs! WTF?

all i crave is carbs too!! so right to the hips and thighs!

and @Stephers: i have these nice ripples on the back/outside of my thighs now too. its lovely :)

I def have the rippling thighs :nope:

I think so far this pregnancy im up to 25lbs. Ugh thats what I was suppose to gain through out nine months not 6 :haha: Oh well, nothing I can do about it now

So silly you all are here complaining about the weight gain...I lost another 3 pounds at my appointment this morning :( And I'm the one suffering with GD and morning sickness...I would so rather be gaining healthy weight and eating and ot feeling like crap lol I don't feel like I have lost weight but I'm up to 26lbs total :( Luckily Ela is growing and healthy!

Woohoo im in the double digits :happydance:

Im sorry you feel like crud mommy :hugs: When I was preggo with my first I had GD and I hardly gained at all. I guess it doesnt matter if we gain or lose just as long as our little bundles are healthy thats really what matters

You ladies have really given me a laugh this morning!

Those dreaded ingrown hairs - I think I've found an answer to most of mine! I use body polish. I get it from Debenhams.

And DTD - well I have resigned myself to 'seeing to his needs' over the weekend. Usually mornings when I have more energy. Other than that - No way Jose!! I'm just too tired!

Oh and dont get me started on the weight gain! I have to get as much of my figure back by the end of January - first wedding dress fitting! they wanted to get started on altering my wedding dress now already! I dont think so! There is just no way this body with a great big bump is going anywhere near that size 16 wedding dress! So will have about 3 months to get my body back. Help!!

congrats on double digits mommabarry! i am so close.. i remember being over 200... we've come so far!

i just realized that my first day in 3rd tri is my birthday (next week)! wahoo!

Congrats on double digits!

I have an app on my phone that tracks my cycle and I used it for about 9 months before we started trying and I could predict ovulation down to the day. Anywho, it now says that my period is 159 days late. Funniest thing to look at! I asked DH and if we should call the doc and he didn't get the joke.

On a fun note, baby girl must be getting a little squished as she is punching and kicking and I can feel it much higher now. Due to the fact that my doc isn't planning any further scans, we are going to get a private 4D scan at 30 weeks. I love looking forward to things that are only a few weeks away and not 13! I'm especially excited to see her cute little face! Hopefully it isn't as wrinkly as my backside right now!

We've also booked our 4D scan :) It will be so fun to get a look at his features. You'll have to post pictures after your scan so we can all "ooooh and ahhhh" over her :)

Wow, mommyH, I feel terrible for you. My nausea was so horrid and I was so relieved to see the end of it. I am so sorry that you feel sick still. :hugs:
Skweek, they want to alter your dress now?!? Why?!? Where would that get them?

I am starting to believe that I take more tylenol and eat more tums than an 80 year old women. :jo:

I love all the chatter going on in here! :)
I've gained 18 lbs so far but am starting to feel big everywhere...but I'm okay with it. I'm enjoying my last time being pregnant and I will work it all out once the baby comes.

So, I'm feeling okay. Still lots of heel pain and groin/hip pain, but I am slightly busy lately. My oldest turns 4 in a few days and we are getting things together for her little party. I cannot believe that she is going to be 4! Time sure does pass us quickly!

Here's a little picture I put together of her from newborn to now.
Kelsie grown up.jpg

Aww adorable pics Ashley!! And happy early birthday to your little one :flower:

It's amazing how much they change!!! She is one gorgeous little girl! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->