November 2012 Due Dates

Thank you! Her favorite color is red and she loves Minnie Mouse so it worked out! :)

Bookity-I completely understand the disappointment. My brother&sister-in-law have missed every single birthday party we have had for our girls. It's so sad. I would think by now I'd be used to it, but I'm not. I can only imagine how my husband must feel that his own brother never comes!

What a gorgeous family you have Ashley!! Hope you all had a lovely day :)

Adorbale Ashley!!!

Good/morning afternoon ladies.

It is just a wee past 5am here. I have been up all night chugging water. Its so bad that instead of waking up to pee like I normaly do, I have been waking up just to drink, and now have been up for the past half hour with terrible heartburn and cant sleep :sad1:

On a positive, OH and I finsihed our baby registry yesterday. It was so much fun going through the store scanning items for our "wish list". I think we ended up with well over 100 items on our registry by the time it was done. He informed me then that I would never have an unlimited budget :haha: Truth be told most of the items were scanned by him. He had a blast and I could tell it made him feel really involved with the baby proccess so I was happy to stand back and let him scan away. Seeing the excitement and the ooh look at this on his face was adorbale. He is going to be an awesome dad!
But im sad as he just left town again for another week. Booo to that. Only one more month and he should be home for work at least until after baby gets here.

Sorry for the rambling but has anyone else felt like there bump has changed majorly this week? I feel very pregnant and my tummy is very hard all the time. My belly just seems to be in the way now.

sorry about your heartburn mommabarry... and your inevitable trips to the bathroom today!

i think my belly has gotten bigger in the past week too.. and i got the pregnancy line on my belly over night!

I have had to stop buying things for LO or else there will be nothing for my babyshower guests to get me.

ok its been 5 nights in a row that I have not slept through. I now seem to get up between 3 and 5 for the toilet and lie awake for about an hour and a half to 2 hours before I finally get back to sleep! This is getting annoying!!
That being said I did then sleep till 10am this morning! But am now ready for a nap!
I should get the hoover out and get to the shops but I'm too tired right now!

i'm having horrible insomnia too! i was actually thankful to make it to 4 this morning. how sad is that???

Yup I too am glad to sleep through to at least 5am! even better when I can eventually fall asleep again till 10am!

Its just not fair. Here in the UK all the nursery themes are sooo conservative!! If only I could get my butt over to the US to buy a really nice nursery set that I truly love! Instead of having to settle for something that I just like!

Ideally I would love to have done junior disney characters but cant get anything like that here!

That's a bummer!! You'd think with the Disneyland just over in Paris that they'd have Disney stores around the UK. That's a VERY cute idea though!! I'm guessing you tried eBay?

Ashley -- what a great pic of your little family! So cute!!

AFM......I'm in the same boat as the rest of you with sleeping (or lack thereof!) AND I swear the bump gained 5 lbs overnight. I think it officially has it's own zip code now.

I'm going to attempt a long walk tonight and see if that helps with the sleeping. Can't hurt, right?

Oh we do have disney stores all over the UK, but they dont sell the nursery bedding!! Boohoo!!

Yup UK ebay sells a lot of disney bedding but not what I want. I specifically want the baby disney characters and thats what I cant find! Loads of baby winnie the pooh and loads of disney characters but not the baby disney characters
Grr

I ended up going back to sleep around 7:30 and woke up at 10. This seems to have been my routine for the last month now.

Im nervous to call my doc and ask for my GD lab results :telephone:
First off because im afraid they results wont be back in since I had the test on friday, and second im afraid of what the results will be.
Ahhhh!!!

Just done another google search for 'baby disney' nursery bedding set and kept coming up with minnie and mickey and all sorts of other disney characters! NOTHING for baby disney characters! GRRR

skweek - is there anyone nearby that could make the bedding for you? My mother in law bought a pattern from a fabric store and I had the fabric ordered from a site online and she's making everything for us. I really don't like any of the other bedding I've seen, so haven't it custom made was an easier option for us.

I suppose my mom and I could make the bedding but I wouldnt know where to start looking for the fabrics!
Has anyone got a good idea of where I can get baby disney character fabric from?

Check online. I could probably tell you some places in the US, but I'm not sure they ship overseas. I searched high and low for fabrics that I liked and ended up finding a nice chevron pattern in bold colors (orange, aqua, and lime).

I think MommyH made her own bedding, too (I can't remember if she's a memeber of this board, or the other November due date board I'm on...). Either way, she might be someone you could reach out to for pointers.

fab thanks. Just been googling for the fabrics and still not coming up with what I like! grrr
looks like I might have to settle for a bed in a bag set that i kind of like.

There have been some bed in a bag setups that have been really cute lately! At the very least, maybe you could pick something out that has the same colors you want to use and then you could decorate with the baby disney stuff you like?? I never thought it would have been such a big deal to pick out a nursery theme, but it was a hard decision! I can imagine it's even more difficult with fewer options. We just want cute, affordable options! Is that too much to ask? :haha:

I know!! just something we like and that affordable!
All the nursery sets here are soo conservative - girls get pink and boys get blue and neutral is either a circus or teddy bear theme! THATS IT!!!

I don't mind accessoriesing with a bit of pink but I'm personally not keen on an all pink room for her!
At the mo she will most likely land up with a teddybear room with a few pink accessories. That is if I cant find what I want

Well......just heard from the nurse, and I did not pass my glucose test :nope: so im on to the three hour test this week to be officially diagnosed. She also said my iron was extremley low so now i have to start taking an additonal supplement.

Im starting to feel this pregnancy is following the same pattern as my last. The only plus to that is I delivered early.

I know!! just something we like and that affordable!
All the nursery sets here are soo conservative - girls get pink and boys get blue and neutral is either a circus or teddy bear theme! THATS IT!!!

I don't mind accessoriesing with a bit of pink but I'm personally not keen on an all pink room for her!
At the mo she will most likely land up with a teddybear room with a few pink accessories. That is if I cant find what I want

So glad to hear someone else not being keen on pink! I'm not either!

WOW you weren't kidding about not being able to find anything! I found a bunch of mickey/minnie stuff, and even a BABY minnie bedding set (pink, of course), but that's it! No other baby disney character stuff! I couldn't even find fabric with the baby disneys! What a bummer! I'll keep looking though, ya never know what might pop up. That being said, do you like to paint? :) Part of the reason I'm dong the mural in the nursery was because I couldn't find what I wanted and the stuff I could find cost a million times more than what I wanted to pay. So I'm doing the extensive mural with all the characters, and then the curtains/bedding/etc. will be fairly plain (i.e. easy to find and inexpensive!).

Anyway....just a thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"