November 2012 Due Dates

Well......just heard from the nurse, and I did not pass my glucose test :nope: so im on to the three hour test this week to be officially diagnosed. She also said my iron was extremley low so now i have to start taking an additonal supplement.

Im starting to feel this pregnancy is following the same pattern as my last. The only plus to that is I delivered early.

Aw, sorry to hear that MommaBarry. :( You never know, the three hour may come back fine! Do you know if you have a higher risk of GD this time around since you had it last time? The good news is you've been there before and know how to manage it.

Yes. I knew I was at higher risk since I previously had it, and diabetes runs in my family. My father is a type 2 diabetic and many of his aunts, uncles, and grandmother had it.
And your right, I do know how to manage it, and it really is not that bad. It means more doctors appointments and sonograms if I do get diagnosed. The only positive there really is.
I am however NOT looking forward to the drink. For the 3 hour screening the drink is twice as large. And sitting for 3 hours is definetly not a day in the park in the uncomfortable plastic chairs in the waiting room.

MommaB -- so sorry you didn't pass. The three-hour is killer. I think if I don't pass my one hour I'll just assume the worst that I have GD and skip the three hour. Way to look on the bright side though about the extra scans :)

So sorry MommaBarry! Good luck with the next test. I couldn't imagine having to sit and wait for 3 hours. I hated the 1 hour one, I get too bored!

Did any of you ladies have to go to a LabCorp to do your 1hr test? That's where they're sending me since I couldn't do it at my appointment on Friday... I hear the drinks are worse there.:sick:

Did any of you ladies have to go to a LabCorp to do your 1hr test? That's where they're sending me since I couldn't do it at my appointment on Friday... I hear the drinks are worse there.:sick:

I did. I had the fruit punch and it didn't seem bad to me. I still have to make the appt to go back for the 3 hour. Dragging my feet because it's going to suck. I will have to do it this week. :brat:

Thanks Viking, I'll be sure to ask for Fruit Punch if I have the option!

Not a lot going on here baby wise. She still moves like crazy. Got an appointment on Wednesday. Nothing special this time around, but any chance to hear that wonderful heartbeat is appreciated. I'm sure I'll be scheduling my GTT and taking home that lovely glucola. Got an appointment on the 29th for a 3d u/s and probably my GTT won't be far behind that (as I'll be 28 weeks exactly on the 29th). I don't know if my GTT appointment will be the kick off of going every 2 weeks or if it will be the appointment after that. Third tri is so close!

I was also wondering when the every other week appointments start. My doc told me once, but pregnancy brain does not allow me to remember things past yesterday :haha:

I just looked at the info I was given at my first appointment and it says that the 28 week appointment begins my every 2 week visits. I don't know if other OB's/midwives start this at a different time.

My info also says at 37 weeks I'll be seen every week and have a vaginal check at each visit. Anyone here have opinions on vaginal checks? My daughter was born at 36+2 so I never got around to dealing with it. Part of me wonders if they would have seen anything at my 36 week appointment if they'd checked, but I've heard stories of people only being 1 cm and going into labor that day, so there's no telling.

I'll be 29 weeks at my next doctor appt and he already told me that my next appt after that would be 3 weeks after. I started going weekly really early on last pregnancy because I was having signs of preterm labor and sure enough had her at 36 weeks.

With my 1st I remember having a couple vaginal checks because I was overdue so I kept going back. Even started going twice a week. Finally ended up getting induced cause I had pre-eclampsia.

So, lately I have been constantly wondering how this time is going to go.

i start my everyother at 30 weeks, so weeks 30, 32, 34, and 36 and then once a week until birth! its coming soon.. can't believe it!

oh my...i went into my classroom today to start setting up since they don't really give us enough paid time to get everything ready to start the school year. i was there for six hours and i was completely exhausted when i left. i napped for two hours when i got home. getting through the first part of the school year is going to be soooo tough!

Skweek I found these baby Disney wall decals that ship worldwide ;)

https://www.fathead.com/disney/mickeymouse/baby-mickey-and-friends/

MommaB I'm so sorry to hear you have to do the 3 hour test now :( I totally know how you feel!

i start my everyother at 30 weeks, so weeks 30, 32, 34, and 36 and then once a week until birth! its coming soon.. can't believe it!

This is basically my schedule, too... except I start my every other visits at 28weeks. I actually booked all of my appointments up to my due date at my last appointment! It makes it seem so real!

Sorry you have to do the long test MommaB! Hopefully this is the last thing that you will worry about before little one gets here!

I was looking at my schedule of appointments and I don't start every-other week appointments until week 34. I have my RGam shot this friday at 28 weeks (oh joy!) I have my 30 week appontment scheduled and need to schedule 34. Then, I'll have a 36, 38, 39 & 40. My list says pelvic exams start at 36 weeks as well.

It all still seems so far away at 12 weeks and a couple days. I have been very vocal to friends and family that this pregnancy has been more than I bargained for. I think that if I hadn't had the cervix scare, I might have been a bit more relaxed about the entire process. I do hope (selfishly) that she comes at least a week early because I cannot wait to have her out and make sure she's healthy.

9-10 months seems to go so fast for other people, right?

MommyH - You are a star!! Exactly what I wanted! Now to find the fabric to do the bedding! I could kiss your toes!! Love it!!!

ASM - saw MW this morning and am measuring at least 2 weeks ahead of my dates. So she booked me in for GTT for Friday morning and have to go for another scan! :wohoo: I get to see my little girl again in the next 2 weeks!! YAY!!!
Also booked my next 2 MW appointments - 28 August and 18 Sept

I would also love for baby to come a week early... That would be the week of Thanksgiving and since our family is coming to us this year, that would be perfect! I'm sure he'll stay nice and cozy though and they'll all have to make the trip up again the week after :haha:

MommyH - You are a star!! Exactly what I wanted! Now to find the fabric to do the bedding! I could kiss your toes!! Love it!!!

ASM - saw MW this morning and am measuring at least 2 weeks ahead of my dates. So she booked me in for GTT for Friday morning and have to go for another scan! :wohoo: I get to see my little girl again in the next 2 weeks!! YAY!!!
Also booked my next 2 MW appointments - 28 August and 18 Sept

Yay I'm so glad that will work!! I'm still looking for bedding but give me a day or two ill find it for ya ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->