November 2012 Due Dates

What a long boring morning!! Again I got the orange flavored drink, wasnt to bad. But I was so sleepy sitting there in the little plastic chairs. If I could of curled up and got comfy, I would have taken a nap. Probably wouldnt have been so bad if they would have let me walk around the building. But thats a no, you have to sit still so they can keep an eye on you. I forgot to ask them when my results would be in. Guess I'll just wait a few days and call my doc. Right after I left I got a giant cheesburger for the ride home :haha: this is probably what put me in this situation in the first place. Oh well...nap time!

MommyH - You are a superstar!!! Thanks so much!!

I agree - having baby come a week earlier would be great! Just gives me more time to sort out things for Christmas and our Wedding!!
I've just spoken to my SIL and she told me the same - wont be allowed to walk around! So I will be taking a few magazines with me!
She also advised me to take a sandwhich with as they apparently wont allow me to go until I have eaten something! MW said nothing about that but think by 12pm I will be ravenous!

i'd actually LOVE it if sprout came exactly 3 days late- at least i say that now. i'm sure i'll change my tune when the time comes. it's thanksgiving day- and after our ltttc ordeal that would be quite apropos. it's also my mom's birthday and i think it would be pretty cool for sprout to share a birthday with nana.

MommaBarry - Wouldn't it be nice if they actually did let you nap? They should totally give pregnant women that option :)

I officially go in for my 1hr GTT tomorrow morning at 8am. Let's hope I don't get hassled about it this time and am actually able to have it done and get it out of the way. Don't think for a second I won't be stopping at Starbucks after my appt is over :)

I have to sit for 2 hours!!! and I'm so packing food - a sandwhich and fruit with for afterwards!
Oh and dont forget the magazines and kindle to keep me out of mischief! heehee

Ah! I should definitely bring my Kindle! I didn't even think of that :) Thanks Skweek!

Good luck with your test Mrs, and skweek!

Here crossing my fingers for you :flower:

Yay another new pregnancy symptom has occured. The starting of edema in my legs. I noticed after sitting for a bit with my legs crossed that I had huge dents in my shins that didnt go away for hours. Now I can litteraly press on my leg and the dent stays there. Also cant wear my rings :nope:

Im know its normal to get some swelling during pregnancy but I didnt experience this with my son until I was well into 34 weeks.

Anybody else have this going on?

:hugs: i'm sorry. if it makes you feel any better, i've had to wear my wedding ring on my pinky finger for about 2 weeks now. :nope:

good luck to the ladies having their tests today! still havent gotten a date for mine and i am goingt be 27 weeks.. maybe soon.

so i had a one hour prenatal massage booked for today and i've been really looking forward to it but i just got a voicemail saying she injured her neck. obviously i know things happen but BOO!! its for my birthday in a few days and i could really use it! oh well hopefully i can go next week or something..

Wishful, Boo indeed!
MommaBerry, I'm starting to get some swelling, but it isn't all the time. The swelling that occurs I notice most in my hands because of my wedding ring I suppose. I may have to take it off soon :nope: If I'm on my feet a bit then my ankles and feet will swell some, but I expect all of that is normal?

Your right viking. Most women have some degree of swelling while they are pregnant so that is tottaly normal. I looked up the dent with swelling and its called pitting edema. It can be a sign of pre eclampsia. But i wont diagnose myself, ill just have my doc check it next week at my appointment.

I plan on calling the docs office this afternoon and see if my results are in for my 3 hour test. Good luck ladies that are going for yours today :hugs:

Just got the phone call from the nurse...I PASSED my 3 hour test!!! :happydance:

Woohooo!! Congrats MommaB, big relief!! (Sorry to hear about the edema though :( )

WOO HOO MommaBarry!!!! Congrats on PASSING :thumbup: Sorry about the edema... hopefully it's normal swelling and nothing too serious!

I had my GTT this morning without any hassles (whew!). I should have my results before the weekend... I'll keep you all posted. The lady at the lab was really sweet and told me not to worry if I didn't pass the first one. She said they do have a bed and would happily let me take a nap if I had to come back for the 3hr. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but bless her for the offer!

My fingers are crossed for you Mrs.
That's awesome they would allow you a nap! Sounds like a great place!

I forgot I had an appointment scheduled this morning :dohh: I'm rescheduled for tomorrow morning now. I can't believe I forgot!

wishful- sorry about your massage. what a let down! :hugs:

momma!!!!! that's fabulous news! what a relief! huge congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->