November 2012 Due Dates

Sorry about your flu Ashley! I can't even imagine. Just make sure you don't get deydrated. Yucks all around!

Speaking of dogs (he he) I have two puggles; half pug/half beagle. I wish they were as calm as pugs. They'll be good with the baby, so I'm not worried about that. If she's near their level, I'll just have to pay close attention so that one of them doesn't snuggle with her a little too much.

I can't believe I'll officialy be 28 weeks tomorrow. EEK! I'm thinking of scheduling a 3D/4D US. It's elective of course, but we can get it done for $119. It's the same place that we went for the gender US as well. I feel so lucky to be able to do it; it has been quite some time since we've seen our girl! Six whole weeks! Getting taken off the high risk list was a blessing, but I really liked my monthly ultrasounds! BOOOO!

Does anybody else have any US's scheduled? Our girl has been transverse the entire time-anybody think I'll get one to determine if she's moved into position towards the end?

Awe, Stephers! I love puggles :) My pugs are great with kids, too. They take on a gaurdian role and follow babies everywhere. One of them is particularly fond of baby gear (car seats, swings, strollers, etc.) so I'll definitely have to keep my eye on her to make sure she stays out of those things!

As for the ultrasound, I have a 4D scheduled on September 15 :) Every ultrasound we've had so far baby has been breech, but obviously it's not anything they're worried about so early on. They always tell me he has plenty of time to get into position. At this point they're not planning to do another ultrasound to check position, but it is a possibility... Since your babes has been transverse the whole time (and you've seen her more than I've seen mine) I would say you have a higher chance for an ultrasound closer to the end to check position. :)

OMG!!!! New pregnancy sypmtom. Today I was bending down to pick up a towel and had the most sharp pain in my belly button! Now I can't even stand to touch my button or have my shirt rub against it. I know this is normal and could be my uterus pushing against it, but WOW!! Everytime baby kicks there (she is doing it now) i feel like getting sick!

Ashley, I'm so sorry about the flu. That sounds awful. :hugs:
My belly button is looking super shallow in the last couple of days. I think it may be an outie soon.

Hope you feel better soon Ashley :hugs:

:hugs: MommaBarry. I feel rather ick when baby is pushing against my belly button too. My old belly piercing scar is uncomfortable to touch as well xx

MommaBarry - I totally feel you on the belly button thing. I just brushed my belly button up against a chair walking into my office and it hurt SO bad! Remember when we first found out we were pregnant and so many people talked about how their nipples were so sensitive it hurt to wear anything or have anything touch them? That's exactly how my belly button feels most days. And When a bend or stretch, it sends shooting pains through that area. Seriously, I never knew that could hurt so much!

I have an u/s scheduled for the 30th. Hoping to see the choroid plexus cyst is gone. Though after reading a thread here I don't feel concerned about it anymore. I'm sure my husband wants to see it gone.

My belly button is looking really shallow too. Don't know if I'll get an outie ou not. We'll see!

Thank you everyone. I am feeling a little better this evening. Keeping water down and was able to eat something. I feel lucky that between my husband, mom and MIL I haven't had to worry about my girls. I know they are well taken care of and I am just trying to rest. My oldest has her 4 year old checkup tomorrow morning and am hoping that I'll feel good enough to go.

Hope you are all feeling good. Oh, I can't believe as of tomorrow I'll have 12 weeks left!

Lol, I think it is funny you guys are talking about outies. I am just 25 weeks today and I have had an outie for about a week and a half now! My babies grow straight out though, so from the back you cant even tell i have a belly. People say i am huge:( I feel pretty normal. This is my thrid baby, and I have only gained 14lbs so far, which for me is really good! with my first two i had gained well over 30lbs each by now! (YIKES!, i know). I wont have to take my GTT until i am 29 weeks. I think it seems late, but i dont min putting it off:)

ashley- best wishes for a speedy recovery! take care of yourself!

oh the flu.. how terrible!

my dr told me today i have gained too much weight and need to slow down. it really brought me down :( i've hit 20 pound gain at just about 27 weeks..

Bah wishful, your doc is an idiot! (no offense i hate when docs say that to preg women) I have already gained the entire 25 they wanted me to gain and I still have a ways to go. The way I see it, and most books say, as long as you stay under 30-35lbs you should be ok. So you drop the 25-30 right after birth and have to loose the additional 5-10 on your own its no big deal. As long as you are happy, healthy, and most importantly getting all the food you and your baby needs, who cares what he/she says. :hugs:

I'm up to 20 lbs at 25 weeks. Haven't heard anything from the doc about it yet though. I hope I don't gain much more.

Survival Rates of Preterm Babies

Up until 21 weeks: 0% survival rate

at 22 weeks: 0-10% survival rate

at 23 weeks: 10-35% survival rate

at 24 weeks: 40-70% survival rate

at 25 weeks: 50-80% survival rate

at 26 weeks: 80-90% survival rate

at 27 weeks: greater than 90% survival rate

I'm 27 weeks today :happydance:

i am 27 weeks this weekend and knowing its 90% makes me very very happy.

thanks for the words of encouragement. your right about the 35lbs.. id like to stay at 35 or under but now i feel like i wont? i mean my baby still has a lot of growing to do. i feel healthy and dont feel big at all so idk.. hopefully my next appointment goes well..

oh my gosh! i am freaking out right now. it's 2:30 am and i'm awake. tomorrow is my first day of work and i have to sit through 8 hours of staff development. i need to be sleeping! :brat:

Hey ladies,

I so agree with you MommaB - as long as baby is growing and we are healthy and happy, thats all that matters!
I haven't stepped on the scales in over a week, but last week I was up 22lbs. Yes my belly is all jelly like but I am happy and baby seems to be growing really well!

Had my GTT this morning and now just waiting for the results. They said if they received my results this afternoon, they would call me, if not I was to ring at lunch time tomorrow for the results.
Also got the date through for the growth scan - next Wednesday, 15th August at 4:50pm! So not long to wait till we see our little girl again.

Man I have been sick for almost 3 days. Lost 2.2 lbs in the last 2 days. Just haven't been able to eat much. Then our power went out last night. As if its not hard enough for us pregnant women to sleep already...add being sick and that makes it even harder and add no power so no fan or anything and its darn near impossible! Somehow I'm still in a good mood for the most part just don't feel well at all. Thanks for letting me vent!

20 lb's at 25 weeks? That sounds great! At 28 weeks today, I am up 26 lbs and I expect that will increase significantly. In the beginning, I was told that I should probably gain around 35 lbs and when I talked to my doc about how I was gaining, she said that I shouldn't give it another thought. She said that everyone is different and sometimes your body just makes the decision about how much padding baby needs. While I am def eating more sugar, I don't actually eat much more food than normal.

My worry is that I was 6 lbs above where I wanted to be when I got pregnant and the idea of having to lose 40 lbs is daunting to say the least. Hopefully breastfeeding works as promised!

Wishful like I said in the other post ... placenta ... baby ... water and the boobies, as well as the bodies need to retain fat for breast milk - 20lbs is fine :) It's not like you're gaining 20lbs of fat but you're growing a baby who adds the lbs on!? It seems like Drs/midwives forget this. I've only seemed to gained 14lbs-17lbs so far BUT this is unusual for me - my second son I was on over 28lbs by this point (but he was big) and I can't remember how much with my first, but it was more like 20lbs too. Just let your body do it's thing, especially if you KNOW you are eating well :)

MommaB - seeing those statistics makes me happy! Obviously, I would like her to hang on until at least 37/28 weeks but to know there is a 90% chance makes you relax a bit.

Hollsarena - I hope you feel better soon :flower: :(

Skweek - ahh you're so lucky you get to see her again! :)

As for me - I'm having yet another rubbish day. Getting fed up with all these stupid things trying to ruin stuff. MIL issues etc, but my OH just text me the day before our son's birthday to tell me he now has to work int he morning which was supposed to be OUR family time, before we had a party for Henry in the afternoon with his family. I'm gutted - keep crying over it and I told him I am SO mad because he told me he couldn't go to my brother's 21st meal in september as, he had tomorrow off; yet, I bet he can get the weekend off for his football league game in Birmingham next year. It always feels like no one cares about Henry or is that bothered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->