November 2012 Due Dates

Wishful, that sounds so frustrating. Is there any way you can contact your doc at home? It seems terrible that she would say the nurse would have the information when she didn't. Otherwise you have to wait til Thursday?

Hopefully it's just a case of your doctor having too much going on and she mindlessly left a message without really thinking it through. I'm sure all is well - you know if it were too serious she would have found a way to get in touch with you or would have at least left a note for the nurses.

Thanks Mrs. It is rough being home all the time. I go to my parents a couple days a week just to get out of the house and my mom helps me with my girls. It is a friends baby shower Sunday. I actually have 2 baby showers the same day, but only going to make it to one.
I still haven't decided if I'm going to have anything this time around. Last time since I was having another girl we just had a get together to celebrate adding another member to the family. We put on the invitations that we were doing a diaper drawing only. There were a few people that got an outfit or something but it was nice getting a bunch of diapers. So, I'm thinking if we do anything it will be that again.
Wishful-Hope you get answers soon. That would be so frustrating!

I think a diaper shower is a perfect way to welcome a new baby! Plus, it's always nice to have an excuse to get your family and friends together :)

yeah i cant talk to her until thursday i guess. i'm pretty sure it cant be pregnancy related since she wants me to see my PCP i just cant decide if thats a good thing or bad thing?

I think it was in the other due date group I'm part of, but someone mentioned a "fill the freezer" shower where guests bring a dish to be frozen so that you have lots of stuff to eat when the little one arrives. That way, if you are on #2 or more and don't really need things, you can still celebrate baby's impending arrival and get something you need (or will at least make life easier!). I think diaper parties are cool too though. Since we have a big chest freezer now, it seems like something I might really want to do.

oh my goodness...i am soooo tired. i'm sure some of you other ladies have to work on your feet all day too and i know i sound like a huge whiner, but today was our first classroom day with kids at school and i've been on my feel all day and they're SCREEEEEEEEEAMING! hope i can stay awake through our birth preparation class tonight.

Wishful, I am sorry about the doctor calling and freaking you out. I hope it is nothing serious! I am sure it isn't, but I hate it when they freak you out like that and then they are so hard to get back on the phone. I still haven't heard my GTT results. I have given up calling to ask about them. I have an appt in the morning, so I am just going to let them know how displeased I am about the lack of communication at that time. It is rude to tell someone that you will get in touch with them by the end of the day and then get huffy with them when they call back because you didn't do your job. I suppose that everything is ok with the results or they would have called me earlier. It's really frustrating that you can't get your own test results.

Wishful - hoping it's nothing and she just got mixed up/confused!!

Pretty pissed at my OH - he KNOWS I've been struggling sleeping, so last night I actually fell asleep at half 11 (really good for me). He had to get up at half 5 for work, but he bangs around, closes doors really loud, coughs, bangs the ironing board about etc etc and woke my youngest up. So now I've been awake since 5.45am and I've got a busy day today and doubt I will get a nap at all like normal :( I know he's also up early, BUT, he fell asleep at like 9.30pm :(

Wishful, I am sorry about the doctor calling and freaking you out. I hope it is nothing serious! I am sure it isn't, but I hate it when they freak you out like that and then they are so hard to get back on the phone. I still haven't heard my GTT results. I have given up calling to ask about them. I have an appt in the morning, so I am just going to let them know how displeased I am about the lack of communication at that time. It is rude to tell someone that you will get in touch with them by the end of the day and then get huffy with them when they call back because you didn't do your job. I suppose that everything is ok with the results or they would have called me earlier. It's really frustrating that you can't get your own test results.

exactly! how do they not know that we would be freaking out?! i mean we worry about our bubs constantly and even the idea that something MIGHT be wrong is enough! today felt so long.. i hope i can get some answers tomorrow :(

Bookity - that's an awesome shower idea! Thanks for sharing! This is our frist, so we'll have the full blown baby shower this time, but I have friends that are having their 2nd and 3rd children, so this would be perfect for them!

Oh, Charlie! I know EXACTLY how you feel! My DH does that crap, too and I've told him numerous times that it wakes me up and I'd appreciate him at least trying to be quiet. Nothing will put me in a bad mood quicker than him waking me up because he slammed a door shut. He swears he is trying, but I just don't see how that's possible b/c he makes so. much. noise! Sorry you had to go through that this morning. Hopefully you do get a nap and the day is easy for you!

Wishful-sorry your doc didn't think that through. Sometimes I wonder if I am high maintenance by wanting to know everything that is going on with my little one and with my body. I don't feel like "wait and see" is ever an appropriate answer. Docs make me crazy that way! If there is ever a second child in our future, I think I am going to go with a midwife and interview them before I make any decisions. I tend to be very laid back, so the fact that I complain about not getting enough attention from my doc is a fairly bold statement.

I was thinking about your posts and I really don't think they would refer you to your primary if there was actually something wrong with you or the baby. From what I know, low B12 can be serious for you if not treated. I have a friend who receives injections of B12 because she's a vegetarian. So, maybe they want your regular doc to give you some shots. During pregnancy however, all of our most important nutrients go to the little one, so it might just be a temporary low number. Strange thing for an OBGYN to not be able to correct, but I've realized their scope can be pretty limited.

Sorry this is so long, I just remember freaking out for two weeks and it made me so mad!

yeah maybe she wants me to get shots and its easier for me to me PCP? dont know why she couldnt of said "your b-12 is low" on the msg though!!

thanks for your message... i really appreciate you girls!

Sorry Charlie! Hope you are able to sneak a nap in somewhere. :hugs:

DD slept well last night. Me not so much. Kept waking up and of course had to pee, lol. Coffee this morning!

Have a great day ladies.

Well I got an hours nap before we had to get up and go out! Which isn't bad but exhausted now lol! OH claims he's trying really hard to be quiet but his 'trying' hard ends up making more noise!?! :dohh:

How is everyone? :) :dohh:

HI ladies,

Well we've been really busy the last few days trying to sort out the spare room to create our nursery. I'm almost finished sorting my stuff out then its for DF to clear out the cupboard. Then I can start packing babies things in the cupboard and clear the floor.

We are hopefully going to a few shops to look at various baby bits and bobs and hopefully decide which furniture to order and which nursery bedding set to get.

We had our growth scan today. According to my LMP dates she is now measuring a whole week bigger - I should be 28 weeks but she is measuring 29wks! Apparently she already weighs 1.3kg / 2.9lbs!
Was really good to see her and see her moving while I felt it. She is really looking cute!

Congrats Skweek!! I had my 28 week appt on Monday and I'm measuring ahead as well -- about 10 days! My jaw about dropped when they said baby girl weighed 3 pounds already -- I couldn't believe it! Sorry I haven't responded to your posts on the facebook group, I've been a total slacker!

Wishful -- I hate vague doctors! I understand that they're not supposed to leave health sensitive info on a voicemail, but the least they can do is make sure your chart is properly documented on their end. So frustrating! I'm sure everything is ok -- like the others have said, if it were something related to the baby I'm sure they would not refer you to your PCP.

Bookity -- LOVE the fill-the-freezer idea! It's our first, so we're doing a full blown shower thing...but I have some friends in town that are preggo with their 2nd right now and I think that would be perfect for them!

Charlie -- glad you got a nap in! Tell OH he better quiet down or he gets to sleep on the couch. That's what I do....but I get super mean if my sleep is interrupted!

As for me..........as I mentioned above, baby is measuring 10 days ahead, woohoo! That puts me at the end of October, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up in case they don't officially change my due date. My blood pressure was crazy high at the appt, so I had to go for bloodwork and a new prescription. They're also having me do this 24 protein urinalysis where I collect all of my urine for a 24 hour period. I guess it's supposed to rule out pre-eclampsia, and I'm happy to do any test they want....just the thought of walking around work carrying a giant jug of pee all day makes me feel humiliated just thinking about it lol. And the best part is I have to keep it "chilled".....so I just throw it in the office fridge right next to my coworker's creamer and my boss's lunch? lol :dohh: Someone told me once that when you get pregnant, you check your dignity at the door for 9 months and just do whatever they tell you to do........they were right!

well i heard from my dr. she wants me to see my primary care physican because i have a b-12 deficiency. not sure why the nurse i called said it was a little low because its actually pretty bad. the last time i had it checked at 12 weeks it was fine so atleast i know i havent been suffering awhile and hurting the baby. atleast i hope not :(

will be getting 12 shots until baby comes then a shot once a month for 6 months then i should be good. just wish i could get them at the office because it would be free. to see my PCP its 30 dollars a visit..

oh and i wish she just told me on the message so i didnt freak for 24 hours lol

HalfThyme - that sounds like quite an ordeal... hopefully it's not a clear jug!!

I just ordered our infant carrier/car seat!!! YIPPEE! :) I found a gift card in my purse for Bed Bath & Beyond (which is also good for Buy Buy Baby) and I had a 20% off coupon, so the whole thing cost less than $100 with shipping :happydance: So excited to have that checked off the list!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->