November 2012 Due Dates

My tailbone has given me problems for a long time. Ever since I was 12/13 yrs old and jumped off a deck onto some freshly rained on hard packed sand, right on my butt! What an idiot move. Took months to heal and seems rather prone to re-injury. I always assumed I bruised it, but never got x-rays or anything, so it could very well have broken and not healed correctly. Thankfully though, it gave me no trouble when DD1 was born!

Holls -- love the nursery! The colors are great and I love how simple it is.

Viking -- Sorry to hear about the diet restrictions...that really blows. I'm not gonna lie, as I was reading your post I sincerely felt very sad....like a child whose lollipop got taken away lol. Do you have any fav low-carb recipes you can share? I'm thinking I need to cut back anyway and need some new fresh ideas. Also, (sorry this is a forever post) since you work in the airline industry, what are your thoughts on traveling with infants? We are going to try and make the most of my maternity leave and fly home to Cali for a nice long visit at Christmas, but my LO will (theoretically) only be 6-8 weeks at that point. Will I be exposing her to a cesspool of germs? We thought about driving, but I'm not sure 14 hours on the road is a fab idea either. Thoughts?

Skweek -- do you have pics of the bedding set? I wanna see! (or did you post them already and I'm blind?)

I ran out of breath walking from my car to my office this morning. :blush: I'm going to attempt going back to the gym this weekend and at least get some cardio in....I really think/hope it will help with the aches (and running out of breath!). I'm also trying to find a water aerobics class that will work with my schedule -- anyone tried this?

Here we go ladies, This is the bedding set we landed up getting in the end

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-bedtime-hugs-nursery-bundle/773103800/type-i/

We still have a few more bits to get from the range but will order them when we are ready.

So glad you found bedding you like, Skweek. Unfortunately the link doesn't work, but I'm sure it's cute :)

oh no!! Will see if I can add a pic then or will need to take a photo tomorrow and load that one.

So I failed my one hour test and now I have to go for the 3 hour next week. Also found out I am anemic so its Iron pills 3x a day! UGGGH...hopefully I pass the 3 hour...also had a blackout yesterday, kinda scary and annoying, but the dr said i was probably overheated, dehydrated and didnt eat very well, along with being anemic :( Man I have issues this pregnancy...
I have the support belt and it does work wonders...
Also tomorrow is my last day of work, then I become an offical SAHM...YEAH

Here are a few pictures I took of Evans room:) It was hard to get a good shot because the room is so small. I have sheets that match PERFECT but don't have a mattress to put them on yet! I'm SO EXCITED:)

Where did you get the tree mural?! I love it!!

anyone taking ambien to sleep? i think i want to get on it but i am terrified to bring it up to my dr. i feel like if i ask for it she will think i'm some pill popper, when in fact i hate even taking tylonal. but i am not sleeping. like really, really not sleeping. 2 hours a day isnt cutting it. unisom and benedryl do absolutly nothing.. not even sre ambien will but i feel lost and really depressed about all this. it went from an annoyance to a worry to now a full panic.. like when will i sleep more then 2 hours???? the stress isnt good but i feel like i wont be able to get the courage to ask my dr...??

Don't worry wishful, your doc is there to help you. Sleep is important! Sorry you are having such trouble sleeping.

So I failed my one hour test and now I have to go for the 3 hour next week. Also found out I am anemic so its Iron pills 3x a day! UGGGH...hopefully I pass the 3 hour...also had a blackout yesterday, kinda scary and annoying, but the dr said i was probably overheated, dehydrated and didnt eat very well, along with being anemic :( Man I have issues this pregnancy...
I have the support belt and it does work wonders...
Also tomorrow is my last day of work, then I become an offical SAHM...YEAH

:hugs: i'm sorry you're having a rough time. your body is definitely working for three! :hugs:

Yep an aching back club so we can all moan together!! I have just ordered a belt so will let you know if it makes any difference, fingers crossed!

Where did you order your belt from?

I ordered the Universal Maternity Belt from Amazon. I looked through quite a few and this looks more supportive than some others. The one my midwife recommended was the Emma Jane one, but it looks quite small and doesn't get the best reviews. Hopefully it will be here soon as back to work Monday!

AMM1031, sounds very tough for you, as much as twins are amazing, I'm sure they take there toll on your body, not sure I could handle a twin pregnancy! Hope you feel better with all that iron and no more work :)

Half, flying with a young baby appears to be pretty easy. I haven't seen many people attempt it though. They seem to do the best because they sleep lots. It may depend on your baby. My sister's first had colic and there was no way she would have done it. I did have a lady with an 8 week old who was an angel back in June and she was traveling back from Hawaii. If you are going to do it then make sure you have the baby sucking on something during takeoff, ascent, descent, and landing. The change in altitude and therefore the change in pressure really tends to make most children scream in pain because they don't know how to equalize the pressure on their own. Swallowing is a good way to help. Please don't travel if your baby is congested. It will make the experience very uncomfortable for those little ears and there won't be anyway for anyone to help with that on the plane. I am all for BFing and I can't imagine anyone objecting to it on my airline. However, I did see an article of a F/A freaking out about it on another carrier and kicking the mom off. Absolutely incredible. However, to avoid that particular issue just bring a little something to cover up. Just draping a baby blanket over your shoulder would be fine. If you travel with your DH you will have a buffer anyhow from your seat mates. Now, for the stroller, yes, check it at the gate of departure down by the aircraft door for most carriers including mine. You can also check your car seat there if you want to lug it that far. For a baby that young I would say it's unnecessary to buy it an airplane seat unless you are going to travel for 10 hours. The older ones I do prefer them to have a seat as they don't want to sit and will squirm and mom and dad have a hard time holding them safely for takeoff and landing. Children are used to sitting in car seats and are much more cooperative when strapped in safely. They don't understand the the airplane will be breaking from 200 mph. Also the threat of an aborted takeoff or landing is also very real, but uncommon. Those are unpredictable and may cause erratic aircraft movement as the pilots are just trying to keep everyone safe. You never know when that may happen. I guess I could go on and on, but I will not bore you all to tears. You are the mom. You will make the best decisions for you, and everything will be just fine. As for the germs, yeah, there are lots of those. I got sick a lot the first two years of flying until I built up a good immunity. However, I was fairly sleep deprived and that doesn't help. You will be giving your baby your antibodies thru the breastmilk if you are planning to do that which if I remember correctly you are. I think if we end up traveling that early and it appears my DH thinks it's a fab idea to take the baby to Peru to see the family there, then I would do my best to disinfect the traytable and armrests and carry hand sanitizer. I have to admit the bathrooms are cesspools, but a good hand washing and using the paper towel to open the door after using them is key. That is what I do. Here I go again. I'll stop now. Any more questions and I'll do my best to answer.
I hope I didn't turn anyone off of air travel :haha: If I thought it was so bad I wouldn't do it for a living :winkwink:

Wishful I take bedadryl to sleep. I take two in the evening before I go to bed and about an hour I sleep through the night! And LO still moves around tons so its not effecting her. Talk to your doc, they will not think your a pill popper. Insomnia is one of the number one complaints of pregnacy.

I am done taking all my finals and all my grades are in......I got all A's :happydance:

And im officially in third tri!! Docs appointment today :flower:

Congrats MommaB, All A's is awesome and congrats on 3rd trimester.....

Here are a few pictures I took of Evans room:) It was hard to get a good shot because the room is so small. I have sheets that match PERFECT but don't have a mattress to put them on yet! I'm SO EXCITED:)

Where did you get the tree mural?! I love it!!

I got it from Ebay! The one I ordered you get to pick the trunk colors and the leaf colors!!! Thanks everyone for all the compliments!!! I'm happy with how it has turned out! Can't wait to get the sheets on to complete the look. Heres the link to the tree if you want it!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wall-Decor-Decal-Sticker-Removable-vinyl-large-tree-76-/140536078985?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item20b89a6289

Wishful - My doctor prescribed ambien for me when I told her about my insomnia. I only took it once (it did not help me sleep), but I found that over the counter unisom and b6 combination works wonders (it's also great for nausea!)!! If you're afraid to ask your doctor for ambien, I'd try unisom... if that doesn't work, as her for ambien! I'm sure you will not get any grief over it ;)

Wishful -- I've been taking ambien for years for insomnia, I've never been a good sleeper. It has been a life saver, especially during pregnancy! Definitely ask your doctor -- if he has concerns with you being a pill popper I'm sure he'll let you know (although I highly doubt he will! You should see the list of stuff I take). It's important for your baby that you get enough rest! :)

Viking -- you are a doll, thank you for all the well thought out information! I really appreciate it!! I think we will definitely play it by ear and see what challenges baby brings when she arrives. It's really nice to know that it might be a good option...especially on a quick two hour flight. I really want to babywear, and I'm hoping that will make air travel that much easier and safer. We'll see if it actually happens though.....I've known so many women who are dead set on babywearing and give it up after a few days (not unlike breastfeeding!).

Thanks again, and I may have more questions as the time draws nearer! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->