November 2012 Due Dates

it does feel great to get closer and hit the next milestone. i'm getting a little nervous that i'll be a terrible mom or something. i've wanted this for so long! it would be the worst thing ever to suck at it! :haha:

That made me laugh! You will be a great mom! Everyone has those worries or some type of worry I am sure. I worry how I will manage my time with all 3. Once my husband goes back to work I am going to be nervous. But, I was worried about the same thing when I was pregnant with my 2nd everything has worked out great! So, I'm sure this will be the same! :)

Ashley - I'm the same ... I feel like I've just gotten used to how to manage TWO .... but now it's going to be THREE! :shock: OH is taking his two weeks paternity and after that it's us on our own, as long as MIL doesn't keep interfering and bugging me we'll be fine! :haha:

Bex - YOu can never be a terrible mum - things we do are the best choices we make for our babies. Don't let other people's opinions on things make you feel otherwise, ignore comments from other people if they are interfering and trust YOUR own instinct. If it's not with you now, it will be when bubs is born :) It's harder to think like that when you are completely overwhelmed with your first, but by the time you get to any subsequent kids you're like screw other people - I'll do what's best for me and my baby :flower:

i need your help with names, ladies. we've had a girl's name picked out forever, but we've really had a difficult time with a boy's name. i think we've finally settled on eli, but i can't come up with a good middle name, so please feel free to fill in the blank...

eli _____ cox

i need your help with names, ladies. we've had a girl's name picked out forever, but we've really had a difficult time with a boy's name. i think we've finally settled on eli, but i can't come up with a good middle name, so please feel free to fill in the blank...

eli _____ cox

Eli Emerson?

hey ladies... hope you all had a great weekend. i spent all saturday and sunday solely with my husband. i think we are both realizing that life is going to get real hectic (in a good way) soon and we want to spend our last weekends together. we went on walks and even red in bed.. something we won't be doing much of soon!

i am too starting to get nervous about being a mom. i can't wait to meet my son and i've dreamed of him for what seems like forever.. that it is pretty surreal that i'll be a mom in about 12 weeks... ahhh. i try to stay positive but i worry about being on my own every day.. and going a bit stir crazy.

i think its normal to wonder "will i be a good mom?" but my mom made a good point... the moms that arent going to be "good moms" dont ever ask that question... its shows, in fact that we will be GREAT MOMS! :)

Eli James Cox

Eli Joel Cox

Eli Andrew Cox

Eli Mathew Cox

Eli Davis Cox (prob my fave)

How do you guys in the states sleep in the heat....it's boiling over here in London tonight. All the windows open and a little fan going, i'm so hot and uncomfortable just cannot get to sleep :(

Charlie - It would be absolutely impossible to sleep here without our A/C. Our bills have been much higher this summer than ever before... I'm just so hot. And DH is out of town for the week on business... I don't know how single moms do it - I have much more respect for them now. I need my hubby to come home and take care of me!

Eli James Cox

Eli Joel Cox

Eli Andrew Cox

Eli Mathew Cox

Eli Davis Cox (prob my fave)

I agree... I think Eli Davis is a great name, but then again I'm partial to that name :) Matthew is also a great choice.

Hi ladies,

I agree, with the time creeping up so quickly on us, I am becoming more and more anxious about the birth and how I will know what to do.
There is still so much we need to do and so little time. I was hoping to have her room finished and ready to go by the end of next week but doesnt look like that will happen. Hoping to order her cotbed and changer/dresser by the end of next week, so might spend a weekend or 2 sorting her room after I go back to work/school.

I agree Eli Davis Cox is a good choice. We are still undecided on her name - even after I thought we had settled on her name. So now we have a short list of names and are still umming and arring about different combinations.

I'm really glad the weather is cooler this week. Temps reached 40'C here in Kent this past weekend!! And no AC in the house!

Hey ladies....I need your help! How are you deciding on a car seat? Are you doing a carrier-type seat so you won't need to transfer baby (but then you'll probably have to buy a new carseat sooner when baby grows out of the infant carrier)? Or are you doing a convertible that will grow with baby (but then I'm guessing you'll have to transfer baby from carrier to carseat each time?)?

I'm totally stuck! I've been planning on a Chicco, but they're super pricey and we'll have to just buy another seat in a few months...which does not excite me. However, can you really put a price on your child's safety? I guess that's what these companies want you to think so they can exploit it. Anyway.....any thoughts/opinions welcome on how you decided to go with your seat/carrier!

i got the chicco keyfit 30 meaning they can technically stay in it until they are 30lbs. there is a keyfit 22 too which is up tp 22 pounds. i have heard a lot of great reviews of chiccos and they always do very well on safety. my brother loves his two chiccos for my niece!

what insurance do you have? my health insurance sends a carseat as well.

Wishful -- that's what I was looking at as well. My sister gave me an extra base she had, and also I watched her SUV roll off the highway a few winters ago and her 2 month old in the keyfit30 was completely unharmed, while the vehicle was totalled. From that experience I'd just always planned on the keyfit30, but now I'm rethinking because of having to buy another one so soon.......technically it will hold them to 30 pounds, but I think lengthwise, most infants will grow out of the car seat well in advance the weight limit. Still though, the safety really can't be beat....I think they are one of the only carseats that actually do crash tests at highway speeds ~65MPH (the national requirement is only at 35 MPH).

I have Cigna for insurance -- that would be awesome if they sent a carseat! I've never heard of that!

We're getting a Chicco Keyfit30 as well. I know it sucks to have to buy 2 car seats, but ultimately the price to not have to wake the baby when getting in and out of the car when they're so young is worth it in my opinion. Unless you plan on baby wearing? Then a convertible car seat may be worth it...

Wishful -- that's what I was looking at as well. My sister gave me an extra base she had, and also I watched her SUV roll off the highway a few winters ago and her 2 month old in the keyfit30 was completely unharmed, while the vehicle was totalled. From that experience I'd just always planned on the keyfit30, but now I'm rethinking because of having to buy another one so soon.......technically it will hold them to 30 pounds, but I think lengthwise, most infants will grow out of the car seat well in advance the weight limit. Still though, the safety really can't be beat....I think they are one of the only carseats that actually do crash tests at highway speeds ~65MPH (the national requirement is only at 35 MPH).

I have Cigna for insurance -- that would be awesome if they sent a carseat! I've never heard of that!

Lengthwise babies can rear face for AWHILE...it will hurt your legs to sit that way but babies like to be folded up, they feel more secure...that is why the car seats are going to higher weights,and they recommand rearfacing til the age of 2 now, which is about 30lbs. I wouldnt worry about them lenghtwise....I would go with th Chicco 30 and use it til they reach the age limit, we are resuing my sons which is the Flex Loc, and I love the seat but its a pain to get in and out of the car since the latch is on the front, but we are using it again since it is still good for another 2 years. and we bought a matching one....we are making it moregirly tho since we are having girls, and they are black an grey.

yeah thats another thing.. i like that i can snap the carseat out and take it inside with me... esp. when visiting people or going to the drs etc.

i am also getting a proper stroller, but for the fist few months using one of these: https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41GJ1wonVYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

my brother and SIL are letting me borrow though so i can understand why people wouldnt want to get both...

The Baby Jogger City Mini also works with the Chicco Keyfit30. You do have to buy an attachment so the carseat can snap into place, but it's kind of neat to only need 1 stroller (good for the infant carriers, then the attachment can be removed and it's a regular jogging stroller). Although, everyone's needs are different so I don't know that it'd work for everyone. It is a good option though :)

We got the keyfit 30 travel system for our first and will be using it again. DD was in until about 9 months because she grows like a weed! But you really can't beat safety. I was concerned about the price too, but what helped convince me was that I paid for more than half with gift cards from my baby shower. I'm so glad I can use it again for this one. Really feel I'm getting my money's worth.

I think infant car seats are really excellent in that if baby falls asleep in it, you don't have to risk waking him/her and you can take them inside to finish their nap. ;)

you make a great point too bookity! my dad use to have to drive me around to fall asleep when i was between 3 and 6 months.. lol.. i was difficult :winkwink:

and MRS someone told me about that jogger too!! if i wasnt getting the snap and go for free i would of prob. done that.

Thanks guys, that's just what I needed to hear! I really, really like the idea of being able to keep baby in one place and not risk waking her up and/or getting cold during the transfer. And, I really think you can't go wrong with Chicco.....so I think I'm gonna stick with my plan to get one. :)

FYI: If any of you haven't purchased yet -- Babies R Us is having a 20% off sale today (anything over $125) with online orders and free shipping, which could make these KeyFit30s a bit more affordable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->