November 2012 Due Dates

Half, I know you have already made a decision, but I definitely want the infant bucket seat as well. Someone gave me their snap n go stroller to use, and the hospital gives us a free infant seat. Whether we will end up using that one or not is to be determined still as we don't know what it will be. They don't seem to know because it changes constantly. I figure we can get her home in the one the hospital gives us and then decide from there. If it snaps into a base then will will probably use it. If it doesn't then we will buy one that does and give the seat to my parents to use in their minivan. I want the kind that snaps into a base for ease of use. We are going to register for a convertible seat, but honestly most of the stuff on there is expensive so I doubt anyone will purchase it. My parents have already gotten us the glider, and my DH's family is in Peru. I don't expect any of them to buy us anything. I put lots of stuff on the registry thinking about the completion discount I heard people talk about, but we will be out plenty of cash here at the beginning and can always purchase the convertible seats later. We will need one for each car. UGH. Babies are expensive! But the convenience of not waking a sleeping baby is worth it at least to me.

Pretty much agree with everyone else... We loved having an infant bucket seat for DD1 (so much easier for getting in/out of the car). We have the Chicco keyfit 22 (no 30 in Canada), but used it right until her 1st birthday (in retrospect, we could have used it longer.... She is 17 months now and just hitting 23lbs. I think it would have been just fine until 15 months or so). She's still rear facing in a convertible seat now... So much safer for their little necks and spines. (will keep her RFing as long as possible/she's happy... But at least until 2yrs old)

congrats MRS!! doesnt it feel so good to be out of triple digits?
just took a walk and no braxton hicks or cramping.. it was much more enjoyable!

Ah yes, it's so nice! I've just reached that uncomfortable stage. I've had back pain, but up until about 2 weeks ago the chiropractor was enough to keep it at bay, but now it's constant because of the stretching, expanding, and extra weight. 99 days at this point seems so much better that 100 :haha: Don't get me wrong, I've got plenty of patience for this little guy to keep cooking, but I'll be happy when he's here :)

Viking & Janna -- thanks for reaffirming! I appreciate the opinions and information. Babies ARE expensive! It just blows me away. I think my MIL is going to spring for the carseat, as she was asking what I wanted.....so it will be nice to have that covered, but I still feel uncomfortable with her spending so much money.

Congrats on double digits Mrs!!! Your Thanksgiving turkey is getting close to being cooked! :)

Thats awewome HalfT. Parents and in laws are the best! My mother is purchasing our co-sleeper and my grandma is buying us a swing (a real life saver) So the only big items I will have to purchase (if I dont get them at my showers) is the car seat and my breast pump.
As far as carseats go we have registered for the graco snugfit 30 in a nuteral color.

Congrats on double digits MRS.! It feels like things are speeding up a bit now! I can't believe we are nearing the end of August! We have our birthing/parenting class in a few weeks and I can't believe it's almost here! I now have two showers (MIL is driving me batty!) and hope that we get some useful stuff for our Amara. I too feel badly about accepting the expensive stuff, but I know that both sides of our family are very excited and want to participate. My mother shows love through gifts, so I think she is going to buy the breast pump. Every little thing adds a BIG expense. I have to say though that I am most looking forward to the cute little outfits...We randomly received a carters catalog in the mail yesterday and just about lost our minds. DH thought it was funny to pick out the baby that he wants. Oh my. I just laughed. Neither of us were particulary attractive babies:(

I have a new issue today! How fun, right? I woke up at 4am and tossed my cookies three times. I still feel a little iffy. Baby girl was spinning around and punching and kicking so hard. I couldn't believe it. It hurt and we could see both hands and both feet sticking out different sides of the belly. Looked like a scene from alien. I think she was kicking my stomach and things just happened. I wasn't looking for morning sickness again. Now, I'm having hot flashes. Ugh. I remember being very sympathetic to pregnant coworkers, but I now feel like I could have done more.

halfthyme- thanks for the heads-up on the sale! we decided to buy our travel system yesterday. so glad you said something. you definitely saved us some cash! :hugs:

i know what you mean about parents and in-laws spending too much. my parents bought so much (crib, carseat, and pack n play) and they don't have a lot of money either. i think they are just so excited. plus my moms parents bought the crib for my brothers and i, so i think it was sentimental. also with the car seat, i am sure everyone wants a safe and good brand car seat for baby :)

so for first time mommys or mommys that have moved etc... with you guys be meeting with babies dr before he is born? should i put this on my to due list now or do i have time to call up?? i know where i am going at least lol

ps. i should edit that i only thought my parents were buying the crib.. at my shower i gave my mom i look like... thanks but really? LOL

Oh, Stephers - sorry to hear about the issues you're dealing with now. Tossing cookies at this stage cannot be fun! :hugs:

My mom usually buys the crib for her grandbabies, however I had already purchased ours (it's Jenny Lind style, so it wasn't very expensive at all), so she ended up buying a super nice rocking chair from Pottery Barn! That was a huge help! We just got it last weekend and it is so comfy :) My sister bought the pack and play, we bought the car seat, and my mother in law made the bedding. The hostesses for our showers will also purchase larger items (so, the pump and most likely the monitor). It's a huge help for sure! It makes me feel a little better to know that if we still have items left on the registry (and I'm sure we will), we won't have to spend a fortune to complete it. It is hard to accept such expensive gifts, but I know they're all so excited for our new arrival that they don't really care about the cost and I'm so greatful they're helping us out!

My in laws are crazy generous. I can't keep track of what all they've done for us. My FIL is actually paying for my 3d/4d scan next week. They don't take no for an answer! I got really blessed in the in law department. :)

Thats so awesome. My soon to be MIL is paying for banquet hall for my shower as well as organizing it, my mother is paying the other half of our 3/d scan next week as well as the 8 outfits she has purchased and the bigger items she is purchasing, and my mothers best friend is throwing me a work shower (i used to work with them) at the golf course she is a member of. She as well has already bought several outfits and is purchasing one of the larger items off my registry. I feel blessed to have such wonderful people help us out. I also hate accepting expensive gift, but they understand with me being on medical leave, and all kids in our familes are boys there are no hand me downs. It definetly helps!

I tried to pick neutral items for my registry since we are wanting to try for another when our LO is about 6 months old. That way we will already have everything. We have decided since the next baby will be the last (at least that is what I am saying, OH wants two more) we are not going to find out the gender.

Sorry you're sick hun :hugs: The tossing cookies saying has made me want to go out and buy some though!! :haha: xx

Sounds like you are all getting things together for the arrival of your baby!! It seems like its our 3rd its not as exciting for everyone...or maybe its because we don't really need anything since we're having another girl. I don't know.
Congrats Mrs on getting to double digits! It seems like since I hit that point time has gone by so fast.
As for how I'm feeling, the heartburn has gotten better since she has dropped some which is nice. But, now the pressure plus the groin/pelvic pain I was already having is getting very hard on me. I can barely stand long enough to take a shower. My husband has been great in trying to help me see the "light at the end of the tunnel."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->