November 2012 Due Dates

Okay. My tailbone and lower back are killing me! I don't know how to describe it at all but my tailbone feel like its out of place sort of. I've been having a lot of contractions as well. Some are hurting and I have to breathe through them. I really hope I can get through today cause I cannot call my doctor since its holiday weekend...so I'd have to go to ER.

:hugs: i'm sorry, ashley. i guess just try to have some water and rest a lot. how frequent are the contraction?

Thanks. They're random right now. But I'm having 3-4 an hour sometimes. And I've been cramping really low too like period cramps. This all happened with my 2nd baby but it seems much more intense and painful this time...probably since I've been miserable since 16 weeks...

so sorry Ashley. my tailbone is killing me too, but no contractions for me. my legs have been cramping higher up closer to my pelvic area too.. like when i get my period.

i hope it gets better for you :hugs:

Thanks wishful. I had that with my 2nd baby. My legs felt like they were going to give out on me. Hope we all make it through this without too much more pain! :)

Ugh, dont you hate it that they are out on holiday and it seems like that is when you need them? I hate going to the ER too, but if I had more than 4 an hour I would go and get checked asap!!

Hope it all gets better for you though :hugs:

Thanks. Should I go even if they don't hurt? I haven't had them since last night and I was close to telling me husband let's go. Sometimes they hurt non stop then I just feel the tightening feeling. I know what "real" contractions feel like and I know its not that but its still too early to be having all this...ugh!

We had a guest speaker at our birthing class last night. She was a chiropractor that specializes in pregnancy, post partum care and infants. Her explanation of pain down by the tailbone was really interesting. She also explained that when the sacrum is not aligned it can pull the ligaments connected to the uterus and cause torsion in the uterus and therefore malpositioning of the baby for birth. Now, I have seen a chiropractor before, and I have to say that I didn't feel much benefit from it. The thing that helped me was strengthening my back and shoulder muscles and I rarely have the pain that drove me to the chiropractor anymore. However, the relief I did feel was temporary. The relaxin is allowing your tailbone to move around and perhaps end up in a position that is causing you pain. You have a lot of nerve endings coming out there. You may want to consider looking for a chiropractor that specializes in pregnancy care? As for the contractions, I have no clue. :shrug:

Hope everything is okay and you can make it thru the weekend Ashley.

Thanks. Should I go even if they don't hurt? I haven't had them since last night and I was close to telling me husband let's go. Sometimes they hurt non stop then I just feel the tightening feeling. I know what "real" contractions feel like and I know its not that but its still too early to be having all this...ugh!

I know all docs are different, but I had told my I had been getting lots of BH some painful some not so much with just the tightning senstaion. He said that I needed to start keeping track of them, and if I had more than 4 to go just to be safe. But like I said all docs are different, thats just what mine had suggested.

anyone else feeling pretty short of breath lately?

Mommy H, why exactly are you worried about her being too big to push out? I think you and she will be fine. Your body is made to do this. :thumbup: you've got this! I would have been furious about the PCOS and messed up due date!
:hugs:

It's not that I'm worried about pushing her out, they actually will not let you at any of our hospitals if the baby appears too large...and with the GD and my husbands genetic size (he's 6'7") they said I will either need to be induced early or have a c section because of all the risks with trying to push out a baby that is too big :(

i would have been really pissed off about the messed up due date too. my pcos and irregular cycles are the whole reason i started charting- so i'd be able to know when things were happening in my cycle. i think i might have been mad enough to change doctors!

I was only 23 when my last daughter was born and a little more naive and thought they knew it all, I did try to fight them at first and told them I knew when I got pregnant but they just saw me as a young girl who knew nothing basically...I had charted with both to get both of my babies but even that wasn't enough to convince them. I was irate when she came out so small but thankfully she was healthy and perfect :)

I've been short of breath when I lie down Bexxc, so sleeping propped up with 6 pillows!!

Interesting what you say about pain in your tailbone viking, I've had lower back pain which is posterior pelvic pain caused by relaxin, i have thought about going to a chiropractor or osteopath about it to see what they can do, some days are fine and others i'm in agony just walking down my street, but that's only been this week. I should probably get it looking at before my bump gets any heavier!

Ashley, hope things are OK tomorrow, hope you're managing to get some rest.

Ashley - try drinking lots of water and lying on your left side to see if this helps the contractions! I have found this time around hte BH's are MORE like contractions than the 'fake pains' but they are only BHs :hugs: Hopefully, you'll feel better soon! :)

I am starting to feel out of breath sometimes. Yesterday seemed to be bad. But today is alright. My walks at night are getting more difficult. I am walking a little bit slower. The exercises are agony to get thru, but necessary to try and keep myself from turning into a blob. In reality they aren't hard, but difficult with the belly in the way to do the squats. I keep telling myself the better shape I'm in the better labor will go. I've already broken the 200 pound mark on the scale so the extra weight isn't helping either. Just taking it slower and allowing myself to rest between exercises.
I do get sporadic sciatic pain. Thankfully it seems to pass after a few moments of discomfort. No contractions at all yet. I guess I'll be thankful for that too! Just mid back pain from carrying around all this belly weight. I feel ready for her to come out but I know it's best to let her come when she is ready. My baby shower is just around the corner. A couple of weeks to go and then I can go bonkers organizing and buying the rest of the stuff we will need. I'm looking forward to getting things settled but not looking forward to dropping all that cash! I'm so thankful for the stuff people have passed on to us. I think I would have had a heartattack buying a crib and changing table/dresser. I guess you just get used to what you have to.

ok with everyone talking about their pregnancy ailments - here comes one I never knew about!
Last night while lying watching tellie, the upper right hand side of my bump, just below my breast, went all numb! I could seriously feel nothing in that section. It freaked me out so much that DF decided to consult Dr Google.
Its apparently very common. Caused by growth spurt that blocks or pinches a nerve.
SO have not really worried about consulting triage or MW today.

some part of my son is tucked under my right rib and it hurts so so bad. theres not a kicking movement...more of a stuck feeling. my belly is lopsided. ouch. hope its not his head way up there!

My belly is always lopsided. Vanessa has taken to my right side. So did my one year old actually. According to my scan last week she's head down, hope she stays that way.

I know I'm late on this, but lovely scans ladies!! I'm so excited for our 3D session in less than 2 weeks! :) That will likely be the last time we get to see our LO before he gets, so it's bittersweet. I'm hoping the doctor decides to do 1 more scan before his due date.

MommyH - still sending lots of :hugs: and support your way. I don't know how I would handle that situation, but I have to say I admire your strength!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->