November 2012 Due Dates

Good morning Ladies! No bag packed yet...I don't even have 75% of the items I'll need to put in it. I am waiting until my baby shower which is 9/22. Cutting it too close?

Sorry about test results halfthyme...hopefully the three hour test shows nothing abnormal.

Morning sickness at night: Yep! Middle of the night to be precise. Narrowed it down to any type of carbonated drink. Boo! I did take two tums before going to sleep each night for a week as I was waking up in the middle of the night and had to keep a bucket close. Just gross!

I had a very strange baby dream last night! The baby (who I did not seem particularly attached to) came early and we thought we would just put it in the fridge and wait for the next one to ripen. I ended up retrieving it as I then figured it might be ok. I felt very bad that it was shivering. It was a huge baby btw. Wondering if it has anything to do with not picking tomatoes and having them go bad last week?

Mrs -- good idea on packing the bag already! It's been weighing on my mind, and I think maybe this weekend I'll just get it done so I can cross that off my list. I also haven't picked which hospital yet, but I'd really like to decide so I can pre register too and just be as ready as possible.

What'd you put in your bag Mrs? This is your first, right? I *kind of* have an idea of what to pack, but I always wonder if I'm missing something. Everything on my list is basically what I would pack if I were going away for a 2 day trip (clothes, toiletries, etc.) + baby clothes and that's it. We don't need to bring diapers or anything of that nature, right?

PS: Wishful the pics are SO cute!! congrats on a great scan!

Stephers, I don't think you're cutting it too close if you wait until the shower to pack. I'll have to wait until mine for some items, but there are a lot of items I didn't register for that I'll need to pick up myself.

HalfThyme, I've just spent an hour or so going through online lists and putting together a list of what I need based on what the hospital does/does not offer. You'll need to check with your hospital regarding what they'll have on hand for you. I know mine offers Lanolin cream, pads, and disposable undies for me... and tshirts, hats, diapers, pacifiers, wipes, and grooming supplies for the baby. Here's a list of what I'm packing (sorry in advance for how long it is!)
* nursing gowns/robes/slippers
* toiletries (face wash/ moisturizer/ hair products/ deodorant/ toothpaste/ toothbrush/ shampoo/ conditioner/ body wash)
* make up
* hair ties/ clips
* hair dryer/ hair straightener
* hair brushes
* nursing bras
* going home outfit/shoes
* socks
* iPad
* phone charger
* camera & charger
* pillow
* prenatal vitamins
FOR BABY
* Personal items for hand/foot prints
* baby book (also for hand/foot prints)
* receiving blankets
* going home outfit
* outfit for pictures
* car seat
* grooming set
* socks

I hadn't seen this thread before-I'm on the other November thread though.
I'm Lucy and I'm expecting baby no.2 on the 30th November.

Hi Lucy :) To all the new ladies joining:Let me know your due date, team color (blue,pink,yellow) and a name if you have one and want to share. I will add you to the front page :)

So, I called doctor and went this morning. I told him I was worried about preterm labor and my husband is planning to leave Saturday for a good 10-14 days out of state and want to make sure that everything is looking okay. He said everything is fine. He said no going out of state the last month for sure. I am starting to swell so he also told me to rest as much as I can because of that. So basically I need to do nothing...the only thing I have planned from now til baby is to go on one last shopping trip to make sure we have everything we need!
I'm definitely much more miserable and the braxton hicks are much more painful this 3rd time around. Anyone else feeling the same?
Mrs-Good job on packing your bag! I have started getting things together for mine as well. Just FYI I hated the pads they gave me at the hospital so you might want to take ones that you like :)

Glad to hear everything is okay! Listen to the doctor and take it easy :)

And good point on the pads! I'll pack some extras in case I don't like the ones they provide... Any suggestions on which brand to get? I have not worn a pad in over a decade! I have no idea what to look for :haha: And what about the undies? They provide mesh undies there and I found some I could purchase online so I could use them at home as well, but I wonder if it's worth it or if I should just get some "granny panties" and use those instead.

Glad to hear everything is okay! Listen to the doctor and take it easy :)

And good point on the pads! I'll pack some extras in case I don't like the ones they provide... Any suggestions on which brand to get? I have not worn a pad in over a decade! I have no idea what to look for :haha: And what about the undies? They provide mesh undies there and I found some I could purchase online so I could use them at home as well, but I wonder if it's worth it or if I should just get some "granny panties" and use those instead.

I am definitely going to listen :)

As far as the pads go I like ones that are thin and without wings but it all depends how much you're bleeding afterwards you might need thicker ones. I couldn't tell you what brand I use I just know the package is green...Haha...I'll have to look when I get home. I think they're 'Always'? The hospital ones were so long, thin in width and so thick I felt like I was wearing a mattress! And undies:the mesh ones I liked while I was in the hospital since they are actually really comfy. Although, I did buy a pack of granny panties to use once I got home until the bleeding stopped. :)

Sorry if I am not making any sense. I'm having a hard time focusing today. Lol. :wacko:

LOL, you're making perfect sense :) Thanks for the info!

Welcome Lucy! :)

Pad wise I had quite a few of the big ones from the hospital as they're like beach towels for your vajayjay :haha: I used the high absorbent ones afterwards and the night ones are great if you're bleeding heavy. :)

My Braxton hicks are much more intense this time round too. Scares me a little lol :wacko: xx

Lol, You're welcome! :)
So, my husband let me pick out a new diaper bag. Since we don't really need ANYTHING since its our 3rd girl he figured since its something I use so often I could get a different one! So I ordered it and should be here within 5 days. Funny what I can get excited about...

Ashley where did you get your bag from? I'm still on the hunt for one but nervous about buying it online :/

MommyH - I bought my bag online and love it! It's a Petunia Pickle Bottom Boxy Backpack :)

i really like my skip hop bag. got it on amazon! of course i havent used it but looks good to me lol

Good to hear that there's no sign of premature labour Ashley.

i'm getting a skip hop bag from amazon too, the green one i think, they look pretty unisex so OH happy to use to :)

MommyH - I bought my bag online and love it! It's a Petunia Pickle Bottom Boxy Backpack :)

Hahaha! I would buy diaper bag that just for the name! I have never heard of it, but I'm totally gonna go check it out now!

Also, thanks ladies for the info on pads! I hadn't even thought of that....the thought of bleeding that much seems so foreign to me! I haven't worn pads for probably close to 10 years either, except after the D&C last year and even then it felt like I was mattress surfing. The nurse told me to "prepare myself for a pad the size of Texas" lol, she wasn't exaggerating!

PS: Ashley, I've been having major swelling issues as well. We went on an 8 hour road trip this weekend to Spokane and I'm not sure my ankles have returned completely. Of course elevating them helps, but I also started throwing ice packs on them when I get home from work and that seems to speed up the process a bit (and help with the pain!). Glad you went to the doc, hope everything continues to go well!

You definitely should check it out, HalfThyme :)

We're also getting a skip hop bag for DH since he doesn't like the frilly patterned bag I picked out for myself :haha: skip hop makes a great bag and they also come with stroller clips which is another feature I love!

Half, that is a pretty bad score (180), but it's not over until the fat lady sings. I hope you pass the three hour. Sitting at home one forced early maternity leave is giving me time to get things done, but I'm bored already and I still have 2 months to go! I never thought I'd say I was bored. I have been knitting. I am almost done with my first baby project. A little sleep sack. I have a Christmas tree skirt that I need to quilt and finish up. And I can always knit more. I'm going to knit a matching hat for the sleep sack for sure. We are still working out the kinks in the baby's room organizationally. We bought some cabinets to hang on the wall near the changing area for more storage. I've cleaned out half of her closet and I need to get that ready to hang clothes and find something to utilize the space underneath her tiny clothes. We are going to cloth diaper once she fits into the one size diapers, so I will have to find a way to organize my stash, and make it convenient to use. I still need to make the guest bedroom habitable for our out of country visitors. (my husband is from Peru) A friend of mine is staying with us for the baby shower so that will get done very shortly. I made some good progress on that last week. So busy nesting here. Oh, and I'm waiting for an organizer to come to give me more room in the pantry so I have a place to store her bottles, and can get my disorganized pantry that drives me bonkers under control.
Once all that is done then what am I going to do? I will probably be done with all of that by the end of September. I guess I will need to knit something else.
I'm excited to actually go to the hospital and get her out. I hope I need that bag packing list soon. I don't know how much I will be able to pack in advance. I will definitely need a list. I'm waiting to buy some nursing tanks to see how big my boobs are going to get. They have already gone up from a 36DD to a 40 DDD. I'm actually just using an extender for my 38DDD bras as they were getting uncomfortable. I didn't want to buy new bras before buying nursing bras. I already had the 38 DDDs from before I got to my goal weight. Bras that big are expensive and I need a lot of support so I don't go cheap. I'm actually a little anxious about using nursing bras because they don't have underwire. Those are bad for nursing because they are too restrictive. Maybe they cut off the flow in the breast tissues or something? I got advice to hold off on buying a whole bunch of that kind of stuff to make sure nursing was going to work for me. I have seen so many of my friends fail at it :nope: It is hard apparently.
Well, enough of me me me.
Ashley, heed your doctor's warning please and take it easy. It's tempting to want the baby out now, but you don't want your little girl in the NICU if you can avoid it. :hugs:

Half, that is a pretty bad score (180), but it's not over until the fat lady sings.

Yeah...that's what I thought, too. :serenade: <-- that's me singin! I really don't think I'll pass the 3 hour, but I'll give it a shot. For kicks. :)

I'm jealous of your mat leave, although I've often thought how quickly I would get bored as well. It sounds like you've got a lot of great stuff done and planned! You have to post pics of your handicrafts so we can ooooh and aaaah over them :)

I'm waiting on purchasing nursing bras too....I'm a 40D now :shock:, and yes the bigger ones are expensive! I've heard the same thing about underwires, so I think I'm definitely going to go with nursing tanks or something without wires and pray it's supportive enough. I'd hate to spend $$$ just to end up with nursing bras that won't fit my gigantic boobs. If all else fails, I'm determined to just be topless and turn into a homebody for a few weeks. I'm sure DH won't mind the view! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->