November 2012 Due Dates

AMM -- great news on the babies!! I cannot believe how big they are -- I can only imagine your level of discomfort! ONE of yours weighs almost as much as my singleton! DH's aunt was telling me over the weekend how her first baby was 11lbs and then her twin girls after were 9lbs each -- I think this was in the days before they really monitored GD. She never had a c-section, and none of her 6 kids were less than 9 pounds!

MommyH -- hugs hugs hugs!!! What a blow....so sorry to hear that. Hope unemployment kicks in soon and new opportunities present themselves quickly!

MommaB -- I totally want a Halloween baby too! Maybe one of us will get lucky! I'm guessing they won't reschedule your c-section.....but maybe you'll go early!

Stephers -- it is just beautiful!! I love the black furniture too! I really wanted to go black, but my family wouldn't hear of it (black has pretty much been my favorite color since I was a kid, and not in a scary/goth sort of way, I just think it's elegant).

Well according to my first ultrasound due date I'd be 34 weeks today, and that due date was Halloween. I go to the doctor Friday and I think he'll give me his "estimate" of when she may come (on time, early or late). He was right with the first 2 so we'll see. I'm getting very anxious as well because since the 8th of this month there have been 5 babies that have been born.
I had a much harder time pushing my 1st out and she was 7lbs10oz than my little 5lb13oz. Maybe it was just cause it was my first and I had no idea what I was doing! Lol...

okay can I say that you guys that want holiday birthdays are CRAZY, My oldest brother was born 20 minutes after the leap year(mar 1) and my other brother was due on Christmas but ended up on dec.15th due to cord around the next twice,and then there was ME who my mother picked to be born on HALLOWEEN and I hate it! I never got a party due to trick or treating, and school and it was usually raining and cold and everyone always called me a little witch :( not nice at all. I didnt want any of my kids born on a holiday if i could avoid it, my son was born Aug.20 and the girls are actually due Nov.2(38weeks) but I am hoping to have them the week of oct. 15th....

Mrs my husband was born the day after Christmas too :)

I really hope to avoid a holiday baby too, it's hard with my husbands and my daughters is close to Halloween too.

So I'm praying so hard right now...I just got a call that two people have taken a voluntary lay off so my husband can keep working since we are pregnant, BLESS THEIR HEARTS, we need one more person to volunteer and he will get to keep his job and not be laid off!! There was a total of 19 laid off and he was one of the highest on the totem pole so if just one more volunteers we will be okay! Ahhh the stress!

Oh MommyH im crossing my fingers and praying hard that one other will have a kind enought heart to do that for your family!!!

That was so nice of the other two!! :hugs:

saying a prayer right now that your dh can keep his job, mommyh! :flower:

Hope you get that one more volunteer MommyH! What a wonderful thing those other two are doing!

omg bless those people!! i hope their is a third MommyH!! praying for your family!!

i wouldnt mind if baby is born on thanksgiving because the date of thanksgiving changes every year. i dont want a halloween baby just because i feel like its already a special day. like at school when you celebrate b-days there is already a holiday party... etc. but it wouldnt be a big deal either!! if he comes on thanksgiving i will be almost 2 weeks overdue though and i am not here for that!! lol

I have a huge feeling she'll be born on Halloween. . . I dunno why - but it's not so bad here as Halloween isn't that 'special' or holiday like here. Our original due date was the 23rd October which is our 3 year anniversary of meeting and getting together - so that would be lovely too! However, must have ovulated late as they pushed us back 2 weeks to NOvember 5th which is Bonfire night here in the UK. I'm not fussed - as long as she's not late like one of her brothers :haha:

Mommyh - I really hope someone else does that for your family and you can have some peace of mind :hugs:

Oh wow, bless them MommyH! How lovely of them! Keeping everything crossed for you and your family :hugs: xx

MommyH - How neat that our DH's share a birthday :xmas12:

And I am praying and keeping my fingers super crossed for that third volunteer! What kind souls to do that for you guys, hopefully there's one more in the group!

MommyH-isn't it wonderful when your community cares about you! Must be a small town. Hopefully he can get the one more person needed.

Our little girl could be born on halloween, which would just be a few days early. Only problem is that's DH's niece's b-day. I guess she's my niece now too:) She's 13 however and doesn't want to share her cool birthday. I'm guessing that if Amara were born on that day, she might just think its pretty neat. We'll see. I would be just find going anywhere between October 15th and Nov 1. The belly is really geting overwhelming. I have my 34 week appt today, so I probably won't learn much. Just weight (EEK!), measuring the belly and listening to her heartbeat. The next appt in two weeks is when they start the real exams and from what I hear, that information isn't really that informative either.

Mrs-our first shower was so much fun! We got some great stuff that really made us feel a bit more prepared. It helped a lot! I have the second (and last) one on saturday and hopefully that one goes just as well. I invited some childhood friends as well and really hope they show up as I would love to see them. Also, there isn't as many kids coming to this shower and that will take away some of my stress. Silly, I know!

I have a big baby story as well! Not mine (hopefully.) My aunt is korean and she's 5'2" and maybe 90 lbs. Her first son was over 9 lbs, the second one was over 11 lbs and the third...yep, 12 lbs, 4 oz. She had them all naturally with NO drugs. She's the tiniest person I know and I can't believe she was able to do it. Makes me feel like a pansy that I am already planning my epidural:)

Back from the doc...measured exactly 34 weeks. Way to be average! My doc also forced me to get a flu shot. Boooo! Compared with other shots I've received, it was nothing. I still don't like it:growlmad:

one of my coworkers had a 10+lb baby with no drugs. she said out of all of her labors, that one was the easiest. :shrug:

i had a flu shot this year too...and the whooping cough vaccine. i used to be afraid of needles, but pregnancy has made them no big deal anymore. it seems like they're always putting something in or taking something out!

getting my flu shot next week and although i know its very important, they make me sick and i hate that. i get really tired where i cant move, and i get headaches.. and full body aches and the chills! had to deal with that for three days a few weeks ago when i got whopping cough. my body doesnt respond well to vaccinations but i always get them!

and stephers... your aunt is a hero! lol

Wishful, that's exactly why I think I've been feeling like crud... I got my flu shot last Friday and have been a little under the weather since... I am waiting to get my whooping cough shot until after I deliver... they offer it at the hospital, but not at the doctor's office (??).

And Bexxc - you're so right! I used to be a complete wimp when it came to needles, but now I just don't care. With all the blood tests I had to do while TTC and now of course all the blood work/shots I get while pregnant, it's nothing.

whopping cough knocked me on my butt. even worse then the flu shot. if you respond like that you might want to get before? i mean after labor you'll have enough to deal with! not sure if you can though..

That's a really good point, wishful. I may just bite the bullet and get whooping cough when DH goes to get his.

We're also "forcing" my in-laws and parents to get the vaccine as well. Since they're all going to be spending extended periods with the baby, I don't want to risk anything. I read an article that said 80% of whooping cough cases in newborns were passed on to them by family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->