November 2012 Due Dates

OMG apple pie sounds so good...
I was wondering about the bumpy ride. Doesn't sound like something I would tolerate right now. I'm 34 weeks too. 6 weeks feels like an eternity. I went to a la leche league meeting last week. It is a recommended part of preparation for my Bradley method class. There was a lady there with a premie! He was 3 weeks old and came 5 weeks early. So cute! It is hard to believe I could have a baby any day now. There was also a girl there with a 6 week old that was really struggling and hasn't sought out any help as of yet. She was so frustrated. Poor thing. She is better than I am. I've no tolerance for things not working. I would be on the phone tracking down a lactation consultant or I would have someone do it for me. BFing seems like it is so hard. Everyone seems to struggle so. I'm such a worrier. :dohh:

MommyH, I am SO SO SO happy to hear your good news!!!!!!! That is just wonderful :)

AFM - we did our re-do 3D session this weekend and finally got some decent shots! YAY!!! Here are some of the pictures of his sweet little face :)

https://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p546/Lderosa5/D093AF59-CB52-4F3D-B3EA-A1DB3435FA4E-6985-000005D0FBA67DEC_zps70bf824e.jpg
https://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p546/Lderosa5/6B42F8CB-6AD6-4738-B5A0-C0EA0676EE12-6985-000005D0FE299977_zps446c52ce.jpg
https://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p546/Lderosa5/A0CB6164-2295-4798-AD00-3877F64F17A9-6985-000005D0FFFF72EE_zps64332eb7.jpg

And this one is just funny.... looks like he's doing the dance to "Thriller" in the womb :haha:
https://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p546/Lderosa5/71943247-BDDF-4382-8A21-23C3E8555C93-6985-000005D100F59F4D_zpsb76c64a5.jpg

And to top off an already great weekend after seeing his sweet face, DH bought me my dream car!!!! :wohoo: I got a 2012 Toyota Highlander and I LOVE it :)

Wow Mrs! What a great weekend for you! Congrats on the car and your little man looks adorable!

Momma-I had 4 contractions in a row last time too and OMG I was in pain. I started sweating and I could feel my heart rate increase. Whew! I was worried...had to get something to drink and lay down then they slowly stopped coming.

Hope you all have a good week! I agree Viking, 6 weeks seems like forever away...We can do it! We can do it!

Oh, and for the diaper bag--I love mine! Look up JJCole Satchel Bag, they have a solid black one that looks real nice as well. It has sooo much room and I am really glad I got a new one! :)

We've got a skip hop diaper bag too for exactly that reason, so that OH can use it too. I love it as I'm not really a girly girl, so if you're not a shoe and handbag kinda girl Momma H the range may be worth looking at.

I've been doing my breastfeeding prep too Viking, I'm reading a book by an American midwife Ima May about it, it does seem a lot harder than i have imagined even though all my friends have warned me that the start can be tough! But i'm 34 weeks too and 6 weeks feels sooooo soon, I'm not sure I'm ready!! I guess I'll have to be should bubs make an early appearance!

Mrs, your boy looks lovely! I got to hear my LO's heart beat today and bubs is head down on the left side and in the perfect position according to MW :) hope bubs stays that way!!

lovely pics MRS!!! he is so cute. and congrats on the car!

i have a drs appt tomorrow... probably nothing exciting but i always look forward to hearing his HB and asking questions... next time i will actually have exams and stuff.

Great pics Mrs! Can you see a resemblance to anyone? So fun to get a new car and especially one that will be baby and kid friendly for years to come! I traded my 04 Highlander in for a Rogue due to my driving for work. I still miss it; it was a really good vehicle.

Apple pie, yes please!

Anybody else have blurred and/or double vision? I got the flu shot last week and between that and hormones (that's what the nurse at my doc says), I'm having some vision issues. I do not like it! She said to put in eye drops. It does help for about 20 minutes, but then they get dry and weird again. It started last night at about 10pm and I had a hard time sleeping because I was convinced I was going to wake up blind. Completely ridiculous!

Some of you ladies are already going to the doc weekly at this point, right? I still have two every-other-week appointments and then I'll start my weekly check-ups/exams. With the way I'm feeling these days, I PRAY baby makes an earlier appearance... I just don't think I can do 9 weeks, 10 max... I'm thinking 6 weeks sounds much better! (just no earlier than that :))

Thanks, Stephers :)

I think he looks a bit more like me. Definitely the same mouth, possibly the same nose (if mine were a little more squished, LOL!), and I am the one that had puffy cheeks as a baby, DH was long and skinny. It'll be interesting to see when he gets here how much he resembles the pics!

And I've had blurred/skewed vision for weeks. It's much worse at night, but I notice myself holding things a lot closer to my face these days...

when i think of having 7 weeks maybe more left... i want to cry :( i am trying to enjoy being pregnant but i am in so much pain! ugh.

Yup, Wishful! That's exactly how I feel! I hope this feeling passes for us all... At this point I don't think there is anyway I will have the energy or will power to nest... I'll just have to have my mom over so I can tell her what needs to be done. LOL!

Lol Mrs...my husband is home for another week and I have a list for him to do since I can't. After my 36 week appt on Oct. 5th I will be going weekly. Curious if I make it to that appointment since I had addie right before 36 weeks. I sure hope I have her between 37-38 weeks. :)

Laughing over here because I have 5 weeks and 4 days remaining and I cannot imagine even another 3 weeks! I have been the worst pregnant woman ever! I have def been having some braxton hicks the last couple of days and it feels weird! It does make me hopeful though. They are all right up front, squeezing her little tushie. She responds to some of them, but not all.

I'm getting all of my work stuff up to date this week so that I don't have to worry about it. It's tough to wrap my head around wanting her here, but also not wanting her to come too early.

Sorry about the vision Mrs., but happy to hear I'm not the only one. It really freaked me out. My blood pressure is normally 90/60 and it was 117/70 last week. My doc said that she would never worry about numbers like that, but it added to the worry. I had my 34 week appt last week and will now have a 36 week, 38 week and then weekly after that. The "exams" also start at my next appt in a couple weeks. BLAH!

Wow, Ashley! You could have your sweet baby girl here in just a few weeks! :)

I have trouble seeing myself go to 40 weeks, but feel like because of that I probably will and I'll be begging little one to come out! ;)

wishful, I really could go for some apple pie now. Dutch Apple Pie is my favorite thing EVER (Also apple crisp/cobbler and peach cobbler/pie). I might actually have to make a trip to the store for some pie now. I'm so bad!

oh do it! you deserve some pie! i made two, one to give to my parents.. but really i could of ate a whole one myself and my husband the other LOL

I just pinned what looks like the most delicious apple crumb cake recipe on Pinterest after all this pie talk! I'm going to have to try it out :)

I can't imagine another 6 weeks or more of this. It's pretty uncomfortable. I just feel huge. I cringe at the thought of getting on the scale at the next appt on Wednesday. It's so hard to get up, roll over, bend over to get something. I've been walking every day for 35-45 minutes with my dog and I've also been doing the exercises I found in fit pregnancy magazine, but everything still feels like a struggle. I'm ready.
I made a list of things we still need to do. There is quite a bit left on there. I'm looking forward to buying some nursing tanks. I'm waiting as I was warned to do until week 37. I can't imagine my boobs getting any bigger, but I guess it is entirely possible. I am bustin out of my 38DDD now. I bought extenders so I could last in them until I would buy nursing bras. I can't afford to buy new bras for just the last two months and then nursing bras and tanks.
I went to Once Upon a Child today and bought some used clothes. I thought I would get bombarded with newborn size stuff but really got very little. So I stocked up on some NB onesies and I tried to find some 0-3 as well. But they didn't seem to have as much of that. I think I'm set on NB stuff now. I hope she fits in it. I was chatting with one of the sales clerks and she said her first baby was 8 lbs and was wearing preemie stuff. Say what?!? Then there was another lady listening in and she said her baby was 7 lbs and went directly to 3-6. WTF? Help! I got a lot of hand me down stuff. I've had a hard time organizing it all. It seems like 0-3 is quite a bit larger than NB. But does a tag that says 3 fit with 0-3 or 3-6? I need to take an inventory and maybe make one more shopping trip there. I refuse to spend full price on something she won't wear very long or at all. A friend of now may also be sending me some little baby stuff next month. A friend is using it right now I guess? I don't know what kind of shape it will be in. Anyhow, making a bit of progress anyhow.
The nesting has definitely hit a brick wall. I'm just too tired. I sleep a lot! I took a 2:30 hour nap yesterday and didn't want to wake up at the end of it. I had to get up and attend my birthing class though. :haha: I feel so lazy but I'm just bushed. I feel like a slacker compared to you lovely ladies that are still working. Things may go a bit faster if I were busy though.

Viking, I think size "3" fits 0-3 months (at least that's how it works with Carter's).

I'm with you on the naping! I could literally nap my entire afternoon away... I tried taking a nap yesterday and an hour into it DH woke me up b/c I was moaning in my sleep (pain moans... not the other kind of moans :haha:) and as soon as he woke me up it hit me how bad my hip was absolutely kililng me!

Boo to the hip pain Mrs! I have that if I sleep on my left side.

My mother and grandmother came over today to help me organize and sort my bedroom closet....what a chore!!! It is done now and my room looks like my room again :happydance: The only closets left are the hall closet and utility closet and I am DONE!!!! Then it's deep cleaning time!!!

Grandma kept rubbing my belly and said I need to hurry with all the cleaning because I dont have long it looks like your belly has dropped. She said she can tell im gonna go soon... silly grandma, kind of hope she's right, but then again I need her in there at least 3 weeks and 4 days longer.

As for the tiredness, yep its hit me big time. Today I was sitting in the car line waiting to pick up my son. I get there 30 minutes early since the line backs up and then you wait forever. I couldn't keep my eyes open and fell asleep waiting for his bell to ring :haha:

It would be great if your grandma was right, MommaB! Somehow older women have a 6th sense when it comes to these things, so you never know! ;)

And I can't believe you fell asleep in line! LOL! You poor thing - I hope you have time today to sneak in a nap! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->