November 2012 Due Dates

MommyH!

From About.com

When swelling is sudden or extreme, or found in not only the legs and feet, but face and hands, it can be something serious. You should report this type of swelling to your midwife or doctor immediately. You should also report swelling that does not go away after many hours of rest. If you're at a higher risk for complications that include swelling like preecclampsia your practitioner should have explained what you are looking for and when it needs to be reported.

Whenever you're concerned about your swelling or other medical questions, never hesitate to talk to your doctor or midwife.

Better safe than sorry, probably should give your dr a call.

Thank you bookity!! It usually goes away over night but hasn't for the last couple of days so I'm gonna head home and elevate my feet above my heart for a couple hours or maybe just an hour, if that doesn't work I'm gonna call the dr!! Thank you so much for the info, I was too scared to google lol

It is good to avoid google. I had a feeling it might be something you should check out, but googled to be sure. Really, whenever you aren't totally sure if everything is okay, you shouldn't hesitate to call the dr/nurse line. That's what they are there for!

That's true...I just hate being a bother if its a silly question and I just don't know better I guess...I feel like the p.i.t.a. patient....

Here's who I think is in a race for next to pop...

Ashley, MommaB, Charlie, and AMM... I might be leaving someone out, but I see those 4 going soon :)

I don't know, i would have said Ashley and definitely not me as i think this could go on for weeks especially being my first, but woke up this morning with period pains, which is a first for me this pregnancy. I don't know, it's hard with your first as you really don't know what is what and I think these symptoms can go on and on with your first, so who knows! I've had no show or anything and really I'd like bubs to stay put for another week though and then I'm good to go!!

Mommy H, has your swelling gone down at all??

:hugs: Ashley - I really hope something happens for you soon :( It can't be nice having all these contractions and no progress :(

No it hasn't it is still there...hubby didn't get off work till 1am though and I didn't want to call someone over to watch our daughter...I feel like they would laugh at me, it's not horrible it's just more than I'm used to (but I've also had much worse in my life-not in this pregnancy though) and I think maybe its normal for being in my last few weeks? I'll take a picture in the morning (it's 4am here right now-couldn't sleep) and get your opinions if its worth calling in about :)

The pain of the contractions basically go away once I take the medication. My body is just so sore. Im definitely ready. MommyH- If you have any swelling in your face Id definitely get checked out. Or if you have a way to check your own blood pressure do that to make sure its normal. I had pre-e with my first and my swelling was beyond bad in my feet ankles hands and face.
Have a good weekend ladies.

Haven't had any on my face thank goodness! Took a pic but hubby said they weren't bad at all (he has seen them bad lol) so I think just a worrier ;)

So I was having some contractions last night while at a church function, was drinking a ton of water and sitting in a comfortable chair, but swelled really bad, came home and tried to sleep..I think I woke up basically every hour totally uncomfortable. Today I am having a few every hour but not enough to worry yet, but my feet are swollen still, so I think when my hubby gets home we are going in to get checked just to be sure. Also woke up with a slight headache.....
Have a great weekend

I'm having tons of low back labor pain today but its it coming in phases just steady solid pain and cramping :( so ready to get this over with!!

Amm I hope you get some answers and its nothing serious :hugs: when will hubby be home?

you're not alone mommyh! i woke up with terrible back pain at 6am and couldn't get back to sleep. i've been pretty comfortable this whole time, but i'm really starting to feel it today!

Ughh its terrible! I hope we both get some relief soon bexxc :hugs:

me too! i think it may be here for awhile for me though. it seems as though sprout has found a comfy new position because i'm feeling movement in way different places than i was just yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->