November 2012 Due Dates

Ah, so it's not just my husband who's anti-class. So sorry your DH has been less than interested in them as well. I really hope DH see's the value afterward... he's the one that needs this class!

Just found out I'm GBS positive. Not happy about it but they say its not a big deal:( Also when I had my cervix checked he said its still really high and I'm not dilated. He said he does not predict a baby for me in the next week. I'm going to be 37 weeks on Friday so its ok for him not to come out yet...I'm just exhausted and feel like I got beat up all the time. BLAH!!!

Sorry to hear that, Holls... but they're right. It's not really a big deal, they just need to know so they can give you antibiotics during labor. :hugs:

Here's a random question... Some of you have mentioned cervical position... where exactly is your cervix supposed to be just before labor hits? I would have thought high, soft, and open would be an indicator.

Had my growth scan and they are estimating the girls at 6lbs 7ozs and 6lbs 3oz. I will be 36 weeks on Friday but hoping to go tomorrow after 7am since the dr i want is on call then! I did laps today around the park, I think I went about 9times and started having contractions again so I hope I am progressing, they wouldnt check me today, but I am going to continue walking and I think hunny is going to get lucky tonight! :)I want to see and hold these girls

LOL, AMM! You sound like a woman on a mission!! :) Get to walking, eating pineapple, dtd, etc! Can't wait to hear your "this is it" announcement!! I suspect it will be VERY soon :)

i'm sorry holl. :hugs: i know that's not what you want to hear. i do have two friends who recently gave birth that are gbs positive and everything with their labor, delivery, and their little bundles of joy was just fine.

go amm! bring on the babies!

Mrs-Hubbys seem to be day-to-day during pregnancy. Mine will be super supportive one day and then the next day be the biggest DB in the world! I actually didn't want to go to baby class! He wanted to go because he knows nothing. I went for him as it was one saturday and figured I might learn something. He joked around with the instructor the entire time like it was the hubby show. I wanted to smack him!The worst part is when we were swaddling dolls and he "passed one to me" from the 40 yard line. ha ha...funny. The instructor thought his enthusiasm was great, I did not.

As far as the cervix, I have no idea where it should be? My doc just said I was dilated, effaced and baby was engaged. She didn't mention any other details.

Same here as far as the cervix. They just told me mine is high and I'm not dilated but the baby is engaged. Anyhow I'm sorry for everyone with OH problems. Mine has been a pain too...but more just really annoying (and I'm sure some of thats just me being pregnant and not him). But my heart goes out to all of you whos are being butt heads!

oh gosh, stephers! that sounds like a very eventful class... hopefully DH doesn't do that, LOL!

back from 36 weeks appointment. was 60% thinned out, baby engaged, and 1cm. of course this means nothing but i was still happy lol

Sorry to hear about the positive gbs holls but I agree as long as you get the antibiotics it seems everything should be just as any delivery <3

Amm I just spent one hour on my birth ball then went for a 2 mile fast paced waddle/walk and now I'm back on my birth ball :) We are on missions!!!!!! As I was walking to pick up my daughter from school my favorite labor and delivery nurse that I have worked with as a doula stopped me and told me she is working tomorrow night so hopefully she will see me :wohoo: I really hope so!!!!!!

MommyH that would be so wonderful!!! My fingers are crossed for you!

I was on a mission this morning to make things happen, but then I got tired lol. Tomorrow is a new day right?? I don't have a ball but I wonder if sitting on the corner of the bed and bouncing would be the same :haha: Guess its worth a shot! Im sure since we are having pizza for dinner that my HB will be killer if I try though.

You've got... 6 hours or so and your mom could still be right about today MommaB!

Lol, I do. Just not feeling it today! This morning...maybe....but now is kind of like eh. The crampy feeling is gone and now my back just hurts.

Well I have been walking and bouncing, and now I have CRAZY pressure in my whoo hoo and major back pain, feel like my contractions are getting longer and closer so we are headed into L&D to see whats going on, i think if I am 3-4cm they will go ahead and do the section, with the babies weighting in at 6lb7oz and 6lb3oz I am good with them coming now at 35w5d(tonight) or tomorrow with one day shy of 36weeks....PRAY that this is it! I will be coming home with daughters in a matter days I hope.
MommyH, maybe our kids will share a birthdate!!!! That would be awesome

GO AMM!!!!! Good luck ladies! I am more than jealous. I'm uncomfy.

As for the cervical position, it needs to move from a posterior position to an anterior position. I believe the posterior position is also referred to as High. Posterior means it's pointing back and away from your vaginal opening. I tried to check mine about 10 days ago and couldn't even reach it. It was never that far away before I got pregnant no matter where I was in my cycle. I could always reach it. Sometimes it was a little more difficult, but I was always able to check for my charting. Now, it's impossible. I don't know if it is the massive belly, the position or a combination of the both.
Latest pain is a stitch in my right side. Just started this evening after sitting for hours on the couch helping my husband translate documents for his mom's residency petition. He was being such a baby about it. Where is the :eyeroll: when I need it? :haha:

speaking of aches and pains...

anyone have a baby that seems to enjoy getting cozy on their sciatic nerve? oh my gosh! sometimes it hurts so badly i can't lift my leg high enough to walk. i have a limp to go along with my waddle!

I think all my action turned into the same as your mommabarry...just pain and uncomfortable now but I'm sure tonight just isn't it...going on a long walk with hubby in the morning hunting so maybe I'll pop then, if not I better at least find a big buck to fill my freezer because I'm not sure how much longer ill be able to hike in the hills lol

:wohoo: good luck amm!!! :happydance: keep us updated!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->