November 2012 Due Dates

Oh peoples looks and comments! If I had a baby in my 20's, people would've completely thought I was a teen mom! Now, at 35 I look like I am at least 25, so I don't worry about that anymore. I can understand though. When you look really young, many parts of your life suffer. People don't take you as seriously and it makes work even harder.

When I am out by myself, I naturally have a look that says, "step back, stranger." It's a bit like the lemon sucking look of renee zellweger. I don't mean to look angry, but it sure helps now. Cashiers at stores still have a hard time not saying anything. I think it's probably because I give them a slight smile because I cannot be rude to people who have to stand there and can't even take bathroom breaks when they want to.

My GBS was negative, but I still worry about it too. What if I get it between 36 weeks and when I deliver? You just never know. I think that we do so many extra tests here in the US and this is just another example. Obviously, nobody wants their baby to get sick, but my doc said that it really is so rare. They just want to take every precaution they possibly can. What doesn't worry us at this point?

I can't stand when u go to a restraunt and u really want to sit in a both bc it's more private....
And they waitress asks u booth r table and looking at ur belly like u can't fit in booth and I sy booth and they stare at my belly then slowly look at my face.. Damnt I want a booth!! They give in and I squeeze in there...

Ashley I'm sorry about ur son I don't have Any advice bc I'm the baby in my family..
My dh ad his half sister are 13 yrs apart and they close but not near as close as a brother n sister should be guess the gap is toooooo big....

O another note we got out Xmas tree last night and ornoments and all that good stuff... I'm so excited we usually don't put one up bc we always outta town for it but since we got baby we went ahead and bought one...

I can't wait to put it up!!!!! Yay!!!!

What excatly is gbs? Is it a infection are std a bacteria I bet I have it...

GBS or Group B Strep is a bacteria found in the intestines of those who carry it. It is NOT an std. The American Pregnancy Association has some great info on their site about what it is, how women get it and what needs to be done during birth.

My mother actually had it when I was born, but they didn't test for it in the 70's. I apparently showed signs of it, so they kept me in the hospital on IV meds for a couple weeks. I don't think they would need that long now, but they were extra cautious and my mom worked at the hospital, so they were extra cautious.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: to you girls this morning, seems like they're much needed today!

don't worry about people's comments or stares... better to be 26 and look 16 than to be 26 and look 36 ;)

Momma, so sorry to hear about your situation with DS :( Poor kiddo... he'll love her so much when she gets here though he won't even remember this feeling.

Ashley, everything will be a-ok! ;) it's just a precaution and like the other girls have mentioned, the chance of infection are so low, even without medication, everything will be fine.

THANK YOU GIRLS!! i sometimes feel like the nursses at my drs office think i am young too i can't tell if thats just how theya re to everyone but i get the feeling sometimes that they talk like i am clueless and so so young. ugh whatever. you ask me to confirm my birthdate like 10 times every appointment (security measures) do the math!!! :haha:

sleep is impossible at this point. i feel bad for DH because i feel like this weekend will consist of me trying to sleep.. oh well... happy weekend all!!

I don't think you can win when it comes to ages and pregnancy ... If you are a teen you get looked down on and, people automatically assume you're a bad mum, if you're in your twenties people still thing you're TOO young and then when you hit over 30 people think you are way too old to be thinking about a family. It's a lose lose situation :dohh:

Hugs ladies!!!!! :hugs:

I'm gonna go look on American pregnancy site right now :) thanks!!

Hoping to get my "this is it!" this weekend...

My torpedo belly has magnified and my belly button is now pointing to the floor! Also, I've been having some lower back pain and period-like cramps. Going to get some work done this afternoon (after I eat my spicy curry rice), go for a walk, do some cleaning and go out to eat. That should get things moving if they aren't already.

Never in my life have I more wished for pain:)

sounds promising stephers...hope your efforts are rewarded!

Best of luck, Stephers! I hope we get some updates from you over teh weekend :)

Also, just to update you ladies, MommaB is having her baby tonight!! :) She went in for her NST and found out she was having pretty regulard contractions, so they checked her (she's already a 4) and sent her to L&D. It's baby time for MommaB!! :)

thanks for the update, mrs.!!!! that's so awesome!

I have tested positive for GBS all three of my pregnancies. The first the found it in my urine during a routine urine dip, and so they tested me both other times just for safety. Lots of moms carry it with every pregnancy. I just got antibiotics during labor, and babies were perfect. No biggie at all:)

37weeks and these GIRLS DO NOT WANT TO COME OUT!! I am still a 2 and my contractions are very irregular, but every 8-10minutes so maybe this weekend....still have my fingers crossed for an October baby....getting ready to watch the movie Magic Mike and PRAYING that it will put me into labor, had a few friends tell me to watch it to go into labor....so I am hoping and praying now!!
Good Luck Momma B...
also for the GBS, I was tested with my last pregnancy and it came back negitive, but then I had to have a c-section and they found out I had an infection that was just forming so they had to put my son on antibotics for a week, so if your test does end up positive just remember they will start YOU on the meds and the babies will be FINE....nothing to worry about....hoping this weekend there will be lots of babies born!!

amm, i know it doesn't feel like it, but you and your body are freakin amazing for carrying those girls to term! you're doing great! i hope this weekend will be your weekend!

Amm- I'm praying this is ur weekend!! I no ur soooo ready!! Bless u :)

Good luck momma

Awe, AMM! I was so waiting for a "this is it!" I think it's pretty funny you were told to watch Magic Mike to put you into labor :haha: Here's hoping it works!!

I hope you pop too this weekend AMM ... i'm struggling with one so I have no idea how you are managing to cope with 2 babies in your belly! :) Totally admire you!

Hope you go this weekend AMM!

Super excited for you MommaB! Good luck!

AFM, appointment today was nothing spectacular. Very quick. Blood pressure was 120/70 (highest it's been so far, but definitely not worrisome), Vanessa's heartbeat was 140 bpm, measuring 36 cm (so bang on). My GBS came back negative. All good things. I set up my future appointments up to my due date. :) I go back on Nov. 1st and the cervical checks will begin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->