November 2012 Due Dates

MommaB, I think thats its okay if you have to FF atleast you TRIED....I am just not making enough so today I actually went and got some Mothers Milk Tea and I am going to try that tomorrow and see if it works, Hopefully it will make more to helo keep up with feeding so I dont have to supplement. Actually having the 2 right now it pretty easy, its just the feeding that takes the longest, especially becuase I have a VERY SLOW eater....

Hi ladies! I am finally back from the hospital. I didn't have the birth I wanted and I'm pretty gutted over it. Try not to mourn what could have been and buck up and be grateful everyone is safe and sound. I gave birth to Carolyn Marie at 11:51 pm 11-8. She came out weighing 9 lbs 2 ozs and 21 inches. She was sunny side up eventhough the midwife told me she was anterior. I pushed for 5 hours with no meds after previously laboring 24 hours. I am bitter about it I don't know if she was lying to me to keep me going or if she really didn't know. But I ran out of gas and willpower after hour 5 and repeated suggestions of intervention. We opted for the c-section as I was practically hysterical and the options very quite limited at that point. My DH was not comfortable with a vacuum and I couldn't wait any longer for the epidural. We opted for a spinal and immediate c-section as the spinal was a faster option and I could be awake for delivery. It was completely surreal and it was really hard, but the decision was made and now we have a sweet girl. She has turned into a ferocious nurser in the last 12 hours. She's like a little piglet. I am guessing this is her trying to establish my milk supply as it hasn't come in yet. Pray for my nips ladies.

Congrats to all of you who have had your babies while I was out of commission. I am sorry I couldn't keep up. I'm in a daze of sleeplessness. I just got an hour and a half and feel much better but need some more! And for those of you still sitting on your nests, good luck. I hope you all go sooner than later. I know I wa relieved to start laboring eventhough it hurt. There is an end to it!
:hugs: I will try to post a pic soon. I'm just on my iPhone for now. One handed posting!

Congrats Viking! Sorry things didn't go the way you would have liked, but hooray for your beautiful little girl!! :happydance: Hope your milk comes in soon, I'm sure it will!

COngrats Viking, Cant wait to see pictures...and dont worry your milk will come in after about 3 days, but keep doing what you are....its hard and time comsuming at first but it does get better and faster the older they get...
But I feel you as I am having a hard time nursing 2 right now

viking- congratulations on your little lady. i'm sorry you had a difficult labor and things didn't go as planned. :hugs:

i had a dream last night that when sprout was born it was 1) a boy and 2) was about 6'5", had facial hair, and could already stand up. :shrug:

How the hell did you hide a full grown man in there Bexx!! LOL. Crazy dream. You know old wives tale says if you dream about the sex of the baby it will turn out to be the opposite!

What I learned from my appointment today: I am a "stretchy" 3 cm dilated, 80% effaced, and 0 station (so fully engaged). Basically I'm waiting for contractions now. If my water goes or I think I'm in labor I get to call the docs. Woohoo! Oh, and the doc who delivered Michaela and aggravated me a little bit is on vacation and won't be around until after Thanksgiving. A month or two ago this would have pleased me, but I've come to really respect the guy and DH tells me that some people at the hospital have really high praise for him and his calmness in emergencies... Now I'm actually a little bummed.

bookity! you must be so excited. it's just a matter of time now!!!

i haven't had an internal in a couple weeks. maybe i'll have one on wednesday. right now i don't feel like i'm anywhere close. maybe that's why i'm dreaming of birthing full grown people!

hello ladies!! first i have to say i have MISSED YOU GIRLS SO SO MUCH!!! i don't have the time this second to go through all the posts but i hope later today i do. i really hope you girls have been good and for any babies born... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

sadly since my last post i have had a tough time. i ended up having complications from the epidural. i needed a blood patch but my spinal headache went undiagnosed for three days because i wasn't a "textbook case". i had severe headaches, but also extreme ringing in my ears and every sound sounded so loud i would scream. i had it during my last post but had my DH type it up. so since baby has been born i haven't been able to take care of him. no feeding, changing diapers, couldn't be in the same room because his crying was far too much. i have been devastated. finally got a blood patch today and already feeling better. also got an infection but on meds for that. i was just able to feed my son for the first time and he is almost 5 days old. i am beyond depressed but i really hope things are on the mend. :cry: :cry: :cry:

my husband has been absolutely amazing being mommy and daddy. he looks so exhausted and i feel so bad but i have never seen him so happy.

i will try and share more pictures soon and cant wait to catch up... love to you all :hugs:

Wishful :hugs: I'm so sorry about the spinal headache. I was beginning to wonder yesterday if I had symptoms of one as well. My eyes hurt so badly, but I had also been crying so that may have been part of it as well as sleeplessness. I put ice packs on them and that helped. The headache I had yesterday was intense. I'm thinking it is from no sleep though as I'm feeling a little better this morning. I hate that you are going thru these problems. So hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs:

here is my favorite picture so far because it is right after my blood patch when i was getting better! :cloud9:

Attachments

• my world.jpg
    my world.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 9
Adorable baby!

How's everyone doing? I am sure there will be a few babies born this week :)

wishful- he's so alert!!! what a sweet little man!

Holding strong..despite all my pre-term labor symptoms, and constant BH the last few weeks, I have felt normal, if not great the last few days! Calm before the storm? who knows. I am convinced I will be a 41 weeker. Only baby knows, right? can def feel the pressure of her in my pelvis and back. 39 weeks today and getting a sweep at my appointment tomorrow(maybe, still am not 100% on if i want to or not, Dh says to just wait it out, but he isnt the one with the bowling ball resting in his hips :haha:) Hoping some of us pop this week! I need some more baby fixes.:happydance::happydance:

Right behind you bugaboo, hoping I go before my appointment on my due date. Would think from last night's show I'd feel more positive, but today really doesn't feel much different than any other day... I feel kind of defeated right now. I need to get my 41 week mindset back so I can be happy for the babies that are sure to come in the next few days.

i have a checkup tomorrow morning. hoping for some progress.

HEY LADIES!! :) First time logging in since Friday and I've missed a bunch - First off, thanks for sharing your birth story, Wishful. I'm so sorry to hear about the pain and complications, but the pictures of Murray are precious!

Also, congrats to Janna, Charlie, & Viking on their pink bundles!! How sweet... now we need some more boys :) :)

Bookity - so glad to hear that the gender you dream of is usually opposite the gender you actually have. I know Davis is a boy, I've seen his "bits" in every single ultrasound, but for some reason I only dream of baby girls and it makes me a bit paranoid! :)

For those who haven't read my update yet - I am being induced NEXT WEDNESDAY the 21st :) According to the ultrasound he is measuring a week ahead and 7lb10oz already! He's a big boy as it is, so the doctor thinks it's best to induce to give me a fair chance at a vaginal delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->