November 2012 Due Dates

I don't know what delivery will be like as this is my first, but I'm a little jealous of the gas and air that UK mums seem to get. Wonder if that lessens the occurace of epidurals? Ramdon rambling!

Seriously - you don't get offered gas and air in the US?

I think there's a chasm between birthing styles in the US and UK. An epidural seems to be almost par for the course in the States, whereas a lot of us in the UK (incl. me) state quite clearly in our birth plans that an epidural is to be an absolute last resort.

Do you get the UK version of One Born Every Minute in the US? I've watched the US and the UK versions, and the differences are quite fascinating I think.

November as a birth month ... hmmm, good on the one hand, because it means I get to spend almost an extra year at home with the baba before official schooling starts. On the other hand, after my first, I always said I'd never have another winter baby :dohh: That winter with my first was one of the worst the UK had had in many years, and I felt like I was confined to the house for literally weeks on end - we live on a very steep hill and couldn't shift the car in the snow or even get the buggy up or down our road.

Tested positive 8DPO. Nov 16! Supposed to miss my period today. Fingers crossed

Congrats! :hugs: My period was projected either today or tomorrow (based on an average 12 day luteal phase). Hoping she say away for a long time!

Everytime I go pee (which is becoming more frequent is seems) I always check for any signs of blood- when does this fear go away or does it?:wacko:

Everytime I go pee (which is becoming more frequent is seems) I always check for any signs of blood- when does this fear go away or does it?:wacko:

:wacko: I don't think it ever quite goes away!

Supposed(according to my o date I am due on 17th of November- another one though says 15. :haha: have to get an appointment first with the midwife or gyn to confirm :). I am just 2 days past af so I hope that this is a sticky one- it is my first :)

Hi everyone. I will get you new ladies added. Congrats to you! :)
How's everyone feeling?

I am fine :D still :D let's ee how it is in 2 weeks :haha:

I don't know what delivery will be like as this is my first, but I'm a little jealous of the gas and air that UK mums seem to get. Wonder if that lessens the occurace of epidurals? Ramdon rambling!

Seriously - you don't get offered gas and air in the US?

I think there's a chasm between birthing styles in the US and UK. An epidural seems to be almost par for the course in the States, whereas a lot of us in the UK (incl. me) state quite clearly in our birth plans that an epidural is to be an absolute last resort.

Do you get the UK version of One Born Every Minute in the US? I've watched the US and the UK versions, and the differences are quite fascinating I think.

November as a birth month ... hmmm, good on the one hand, because it means I get to spend almost an extra year at home with the baba before official schooling starts. On the other hand, after my first, I always said I'd never have another winter baby :dohh: That winter with my first was one of the worst the UK had had in many years, and I felt like I was confined to the house for literally weeks on end - we live on a very steep hill and couldn't shift the car in the snow or even get the buggy up or down our road.

Nope-no gas! I will be investigating alternatives however as I have a low tolerance for pain, but don't like the idea of an IV in my spine either. I'm assuming that I'll end up with an epidural, but it seems so gross.

Good thing I have 34 weeks to think about it! Ugh.

Anyone feeling extra cold or get some slight chills from time to time (especially after drinking ice water)? Is this a symptom?

Still having cramps sometimes but not as often. And this dizziness or more just feeling odd or numb in the brain feeling from time to time? I also have this big desire to keep clenching my jaw!

Anyone feeling extra cold or get some slight chills from time to time (especially after drinking ice water)? Is this a symptom?

Yep, am totally freezing most the time. I remember having the same thing too when pg with my son.

I just found out this morning!!! I calculated my due date to be November 9th!!! I had a yearly check up with my gyno for the 15th and just called to tell them I'm expecting and they made me reschedule...said he didn't wanna see me till I'm 8 weeks:( I know thats normal but I'm so bumbed...I was so excited about going next week:(

Still having cramps sometimes but not as often. And this dizziness or more just feeling odd or numb in the brain feeling from time to time? I also have this big desire to keep clenching my jaw!
I also get some chills every now and then- I think it has to do with the higher body temp(like when you have fever you get these fost shakes too)not dizzy yet, but i got this metallic taste in ym mouth.
They don't want to see you till 8 weeks? I just had a look at the timetable for pregnancies here- and the first one is done as soon as you know it- like 5 th or 6th week so they can get your data up etc.

Hi everyone! I got my BFP yesterday. Still unreal but due date calculator puts me at November 16th!

My first appointment isn't until I'm 9 weeks...April 9!!! Though I've had hcg levels checked, but only because I had a chemical pregnancy last time and I wanted to make sure the numbers were progressing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->