November 2012 Due Dates

Betas came back today at 94,000 -- woohoo!! I am more relieved than I can express in words. I may actually get to cross the finish line with this one! My progesterone was really low at just 10 (and that's with already taking progesterone supplements, I'm scared to think how low it would be without them!), but the midwife didn't seem to think that was a problem. Which is just another reason why I think I'm going to look for a new provider.

Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts, I really appreciate it!

PS: I thought of something else for you ladies with really bad MS --- have you talked to your docs about Zofran? I've heard it's a life saver for the nausea!

Fantastic news! So happy for you HalfThyme!

:hugs:

SpringerS, you poor thing! Awful! I hope you feel better now.

I'm so annoyed I have ANY MS since I know neither my mother nor my sister felt sick. So unfair!

:hugs:

Thanks. I think I'm learning to manage it better now. My problem was because I thought it was gone I was completely unprepared for it on Tuesday. The side of my bed is now stocked up with with stem ginger, baked crackers, fig rolls and Go Ahead crispy slices, sparkling water and some very, very sour sweets. So when I wake in the early am feeling peckish I eat something right away as I know that I'm in the worst danger of getting sick if I let myself get hungry or if I have to move too much before I eat.

I know some people feel better after they throw up but any time I get sick I feel much worse afterwards. So as long as I can prevent myself from vomiting I'm not doing too bad. And at least the weather is so good I can sit in the garden and get lots of fresh air, which helps a lot too.

Welcome Karin and destynibaby, we have the same due date! :baby:

Welcome Babee_Bugs!

Stichycat, I think many experience spotting! I hope you feel ok today!

Great news MommaBarry! I'm happy you and baby are ok!

Everyone with MS hang in there. I got OTC Postafen (which has other names as well but all include the substance Meclizine), which is well tested and has been used for years to treat both motion sickness and pregnancy related nausea. I know lots of you don't want to take pills during your pregnancies (I'm the same) but my doctor said Postafen is ok to take and has been around for a very long time. Now, I'm happy I did take it (one yesterday and one today) because I can finally eat something and am feeling so much happier. I was starting to feel sad, almost depressed and losing weight when I couldn't eat and my doctor told me that isn't good at all.

I also bought the Sea Band bracelets, which I really don't think helped at all. But I'm wearing them anyway!

:hugs: to everyone! I hope you are great!

I haven't been on here all week as, to be honest, I've felt like I was going to die. I have never felt so ill in my life (apart from food poisoning in India). Ironically I haven't actually vomited once - but the 24/7 all-consuming nausea and exhaustion have absolutely knocked me off my feet. I haven't eaten or drunk properly for ten days. The only drink I can bear the thought of is lemon cordial, and even then I can manage one sip without the nausea kicking in again. Food ... each day is a different craving, and the ONLY thing I can eat that day is that craving. The other day I ate only salt and vinegar Real McCoy crisps/chips all day. Another day I had four cans of Heinz lentil soup. Another day several cans of Ambrosia rice pudding. I've never eaten like this in my life. I eat sooooo healthily normally that my poor body must wonder what's happening.

So I've been worried about the impact of all of this on the baby, so I went to the GP this morn. She took my BP (higher than I'd like - 125/90) and used the same instrument to measure my hydration (fascinating! how does that work?). Bizarrely she said my hydration wasn't actually that bad and that I was doing ok with the small amount I'm drinking. That makes me wonder whether usually I must be super-hydrated, cos I usually drink zillions more than I am right now.

Anyway, the upshot was that she didn't want to prescribe anti-nausea medicine unless I was actually vomiting (fair enough) but that I was to go right back if I stop peeing or start vomiting and completely stop drinking.

I think each day I feel a teensy bit better. I find it odd that many girls don't actually start their morning sickness until this stage - I'm seven weeks. Unless maybe I'm further along than I estimated, but I'm sure not. All I keep thinking is that I felt fine again by 10 weeks in my last pg, so I'm hanging on to the thought that the same will apply to this one.

We see the midwife for our first antenatal appt in ten days, and then we should get a 12-week scan appt through a bit after that. We may also do a private nuchal fold scan, depending on whether the 12-week appt really is at 12 weeks (often in the UK your "12-week" appt is at more like 14 weeks).

Sorry for rambling, well done if you got this far. Hugs to those who need them.

Ive PM'd you :hugs:

Yay MommaBarry!! Well...not yay about the whole falling thing....but yay for the heartbeat!!

Belle -- thanks for sharing about the OTC motion sickness stuff. I've completely forgotten about trying that, but now I think I'm going to give it a go. Hope it works!

Just a few more weeks ladies and hopefully most of us will be out of the sickness period :) :hugs:

MommaBarry - I'm so sorry you fell, but so glad you got to see the baby and all's well!

SpringerS - I'm glad you've found something that looks like it's working for your MS.

BelleF - I'm glad the meds are helping!

I'm feeling much more positive today, and even happier that my appointment is tomorow :) I think there's a bunch of us with appointments, so I'm hoping we all have good news!

MommaBarry - so sorry to hear but yay for a healthy baby!

I went in for my second scan yesterday and saw the little bean again :) Also measured 7w5 days (two days ahead of where I thought) but I'm going to keep my due date the same for now. Heartrate was 160 :)

Even though everyone thought I was just being paranoid, I couldn't help but be nervous that I was and am feeling so good. I mean, not GREAT, but definitely not as bad as others that are as far along as I am. I can eat anything (too much to be honest) and still go to the gym and walk every morning. I'd say my biggest symptoms have been constipation, although thankfully had a bit of relief today (tmi??), slightly sore boobs and fatigue at night.

Goes to show that every pregnancy is different.

I'm also feeling pretty good. Only certain things make me nauseous but I've never actually gotten sick (I probably jinxed it by typing that). My first appointment is tomorrow and I'm not sure whether they are going to do a scan or not, but I'm hoping they will as I'm not really sure of my due date (I wasn't tracking my cycles so I don't know the exact day of my LMP) I just kinda guestimated it. Plus I just want to see the little one! Good luck with everyones scans!

went for my first appt today! It was AMAZING!!! They did all kinds of tests and whatnot and then told me to go schedule my ultrasound when I check out. I went to schedule it and they said they could get me in for it in like 5 min...AHHHHH. So thank goodness my hubby went because we got our first glimps of or LO!!! It was AMAZING!!! I didn't expect it too look like a baby yet but you could tell where the head was and the little nubs of legs and arms, and a dark spot for its eyes. The most beautiful thing was the flutter of its little heart beating at 162!!! I"M IN LOVE:)

So I went in for my first appointment today and we found out we are having TWINS! There were two seperate sacs, and the heartbeats were 140, and 143 it was AMAZING! SOOO excited

:happydance:

AMM1031- that's amazing!!!! congratulations. twice the fun and love!

Mommabarry I'm soooo glad you and little one are okay and YAY for seeing baby and heartbeat!!!

Congrats to all the mommies who got to see their babies today!! 3 more weeks till my appointment and 5 more till I get to see my little one again ahhh seems so far away!!

I've just been looking back through the posts, and there's so many to reply to!!

Congratulations to AMM1031 on the twins!! Twice the mischief :)
Halfthyme, I'm so glad everything went well.

To all feeling ill, I hope you're feeling better soon :)

So sorry if I have missed someone!!

Also, I'm so jealous of everyone getting their early scans!! I have to wait another 6 to 7 weeks before I get to see our little one!!

I'm just sitting catching up on last night's 'One Born Every Minute' UK and getting very emotional ... it's making me so excited!! xx

What great news on all the scans today!! Lots of healthy babies (and twins!!!)!! Yay! :)

Makes me so excited for mine... just hoping & praying for good news and a strong heart beat! 6 days to go!

mammytoerin,

The only reason I went in for an early scan was because I was seeing an RE and did fertility drugs and stuff, and if you end up pregnant you have to see them for the first scan around 6 or 7 weeks, to make sure they can send you off to the regular obgyn. I have my first official app on April 18....which with a normal getting pregnant without any help would be the first actual app. Thats the only reason I got an early scan and I am SUPER excited! Dont worry the weeks will fly by

So exciting AMM1031! Guess you are going to have to change your member info from expecting #2, to #2 and #3!!! All the best to you! That's exactly what my hubby is hoping for so we can be done this time around. :) Personally the thought of having 3 under 2 is a little terrifying to me, but I'm thinking it's just a singleton in there anyway. Anyone ever get intuition about twins??

Congrats on the twins AMM1031! How excited! :happydance:

MommaBarry- So sorry about your fall, but happy that you got to see your baby and the strong heartbeat!:flower:

HalfThyme- I'm so glad you numbers are up! When's your first scan?

AFM- Symptoms have been pretty mild although I had bad MS on Monday morning and then a recent episode today. The constipation and grumpiness have probably been the worst so far. We go in for a scan again tomorrow and hopefully see the heartbeat! I have a retroverted uterus so I hope it doesn't keep us from seeing the baby. If we see the heartbeat tomorrow we are going to try to Skype both grandparents and let them know they will be great-grandparents! :cloud9:

sorry guys...just need to whine for a second so...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
i'm tired!
i feel like i'm coming down with a cold-- can't stop sneezing, stuffy nose, blech!
it's our late night for parent teacher conferences and i'm stuck at work until 8pm!
i just want to go home where i know dh will take care of me!!!!

THIS SUCKS!!!!!
:brat:

so glad everyone's scan went well!!!
i have to be admitted into the hospital bc my constipation is so bad and i need to be monitored by doctors.. i'm scared and not sure what to expect... yikes..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->