November 2012 Due Dates

Great minds think alike!! :) That's funny, I got a Sonoline as well -- I got the B model. I wonder what the difference is between the B and the C1...hopefully in a few days we'll be listening to some sweet baby sounds! :happydance:

Awe, I can't wait :) I already got the notification that my order has shipped!

Good morning all! I have my first appt with my new OB today... hoping he's a keeper unlike the last doc!

Re: Smells/tastes - I've had a few. Lately the aftertaste in my mouth has tasted really foul. I'm not sure what it is but I always feel the need to be drinking something to wash it down! As for smells, I haven't smelled anything funky, but I do seem to have a nose like a hawk when it comes to peanut butter. I LOVE peanut butter, but for whatever reason when I smell it on OH it completely grosses me out. Weird.

Mrs.326 & HalfThyme - I have the Sonoline B doppler too! I bought it during my last pregnancy (never got to use it that time though). I've been trying to listen every night since about 7 1/2 weeks, as I have heard it is possible (however unlikely) to hear it around 8 weeks. I *think*.....and I mean I'm pretty sure....that I heard it last night. I know 8 weeks is early, but if you go on youtube and search "fetal doppler 8 weeks" (or 10 weeks, whatever), you can see the videos and hear what it sounds like. Up until last night I never thought I heard it, but what I heard last night was totally different than what I normally hear (must be my arteries/veins, placenta and whatnot). It was super fast, and what set me off was that (a) it sounded exactly like what I heard in the videos, and (b) I could hear it against my own heartbeat (much slower!) in the background!!! Unfortunately, I moved the doppler to adjust my hand position and lost it, then couldn't find it again. Hoping to try in a few more days when baby's a bit bigger.

I must admit, hearing that sound was a ray of hope for me, especially since I haven't had any ultrasounds yet. I'll be kicking myself if I find out that it was actually my own heartbeat, but I honestly think this was the real thing. Only time will tell! You'll both have to let me know what you think of it when you get yours:)

I'm so jealous I want one so bad but have decided against it because I didn't want to freak myself out if I couldn't find it....

I also have my 2nd dr appt today :yipee: hoping dr can find the heartbeat on it, if not I think she will do another ultrasound which I'll be happy with too....I just haven't HEARD baby's heartbeat yet I've only seen it on ultrasound so I would love to hear it :)

MommyH & Hopestruck -- good luck on the appts today! How exciting! I hope you both get to hear the heartbeat! I don't know what it's called, but they were able to show me the blood flow/paths of the baby during my last U/S....it was amazing to see the blood actually move through the little heart!

PS: Mommy, LOVE the new picture! Jealous of your bump! Hopestruck, congrats on the 8 week mark, that is a great sign!! :)

I gave in an ordered a doppler today.......hopefully it will be a nice reassurance when I need it, and not just another avenue for me to develop pregnancy craziness. :)

I know some of you ladies have one -- do you regret getting it? Is it nice to have that reassurance, or does it freak you out when you can't find the HB?

Someone mailed me hers when she was about to pop, so I was super lucky! I have only looked three times. The first two times it was very early, and I wasn't really expecting to find anything. The third time I spent quite a bit of time looking because the MW hadn't found a heartbeat at my exam, but she only looked for about a minute. It took me 20 minutes and I was thinking about giving up, but I searched higher than I thought it would be and found it. :happydance: I don't feel the need to look very often. :shrug:

Haha, I am also a member of the Sonoline B doppler club :) I got it last week and hubby found baby's heartbeat at about 9 and a half weeks. I did find that it takes awhile to "catch up" and build up to the heartrate so if baby is moving around then it can be hard to get an accurate reading. At home the heart rate ranged from 145 to 155 but when my midwife did it at 10 weeks with her doppler, baby's heart rate was consistently in the mid 160s. Happy heartbeat hunting ladies!! :)

I have found the baby's hb everyday (luckily) since 9w1d. For me, it has been the BEST way to start my day. There have been times where I can't find it (I have found that it's MUCH easier to find about 20 mins after I eat), and it seriously puts me in an anxious mood.

So it's questionable... I can't say anything is better than hearing the daily heartbeat BUT, of course, it's also the scariest part of my day too. You'll start to see how recognizable the sound of the hb is, you can't mistake it for anything else. My baby's hb has been really fast (close to 180 everytime).

After waiting over a week for the appt scheduler to call me, I have my NT scan and blood work scheduled for next Thursday. So nervous!

I have found the baby's hb everyday (luckily) since 9w1d. For me, it has been the BEST way to start my day. There have been times where I can't find it (I have found that it's MUCH easier to find about 20 mins after I eat), and it seriously puts me in an anxious mood.

So it's questionable... I can't say anything is better than hearing the daily heartbeat BUT, of course, it's also the scariest part of my day too. You'll start to see how recognizable the sound of the hb is, you can't mistake it for anything else. My baby's hb has been really fast (close to 180 everytime).

If the old wives tale is true, it sounds like you're having a girl :)

So our appt went great! Nurse couldn't find the heartbeat but dr did after a couple minutes :woohoo: They gave us the option of the doppler or an ultrasound, as much as we wanted to see baby we decided to just do the doppler since their US machine doesn't have sound in the office and we hadn't heard baby yet and we just saw him last week so we were anxious to hear the heartbeat now that we'd seen it a few times :) I'm in the process of trying to download it on my computer so I can share with you all :) Our sweet daughter asked us to record it for her because she was at school but she really wanted to hear it! We have our NT scan set for May 1st and our next appt May 17th!! I love appointment days :)

Let me know if this works :) heart rate was about 144... Does this point towards boy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHnPLxTvNq0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Works!!! Very sweet :) I'm not sure about the heart rate/sex prediction at 10 weeks...however, I'm pretty sure that theory's been de-bunked anyway (though it's still fun to guess!) :D

Morning ladies,

All this talk of dooplers and finding the babies heartbeat is really making me want to get a doopler too! I'm already 11 weeks and still have not heard the heartbeat.
I know my nail lady, who I'm seeing tomorrow, has a doopler so thinking I might text her later today and ask her to bring it with.
If not am hoping to hear the heartbeat at my 12 week scan next Wednesday morning.

I'm dying to get my doppler! It shipped yesterday immediately after I ordered it so I hope it'll be at the house today or tomorrow when I get home. I'm 8w1d today, so I hope we get to hear it.

I am very jealous of all these scans!! Mine is next Thursday!

However......... 12 weeks today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only 28 weeks until November 1st :rofl:

happy 12 weeks, mellllly!!!!! congratulations!!!

Yay, congrats on 12 weeks Mellly!!! :)

Mrs326 - let me know if you have any luck finding it! I've been trying since I thought I found it the other night but nothing :( I read one really good tip today, and that is to lay with a pillow under your bum (so your abdomen is all stretched out) or to lay on your bed with your legs on the ground (same effect). Might be worth a shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->