November 2014 IUI - Looking for buddies

Part two of the home study is in an hour! I made a journal to track this process but just to update you ladies over here, on Friday we were told that we may be licensed as early as Feb. 7th! eeekk!

It is pretty exciting. I can't believe you're almost to your second trimester! Time really flies, doesn't it?

It really does! The weeks are going by so fast but so slow at the same time. How does part 2 of your home study go?

It went well! It was soooooooo long though - 3.5 hours! All talking about our childhood, families and relationships. That's a long time to talk about yourself! The licensing worker kind of loves us though and is trying to push our application through as quickly as possible so we can get started on this new phase of our life. So that's pretty cool.

That's awesome. I hope it goes quickly for you

That is so awesome Savasanna!! How exciting! Do they say how long after you are licensed they may place a child with you? Come on Feb 7th! Hope it happens then or sooner for you guys!!

AFM- had my ovaries checked yesterday... everything seemed normal but it was a DR. I haven't met yet.. she didn't have my chart because of bad weather.. no one was able to bring it over from the other office.. so they still need to get back to me about my plan this try and about that bicornuate uterus thing... she still recommended an ultrasound this time though

Mhankis what treatment do they offer for bicornate uterus?

Mhanks - it could be the next day, it could be a month later. It totally depends on whether there's a placement needed, and the age of the child in need. We're only prepared to take children under 1. So, they could call us the next day with a 3 year old in need, and it would be up to us to say 'no'. We have a friend who has been doing this for years now and she said she gets called about once a month with a child under six months so we're thinking we'll receive our first placement sometime within a month of being licensed.

How frustrating with your doctor! I'm confusing the timeline a little - are you still in your month off or are you hoping to be preping for IUI #2?

Thank you for your support ladies. My fears were confirmed with an ultrasound this morning. The baby has stopped growing and no longer has a heartbeat. I am going to take pills that will bring on the miscarriage Friday night, so its not going to be a fun weekend for me.

I am trying to stay optimistic:
1) At least now I know that my body can get pregnant.
2) The doctor said I was able to get another IUI straight away. So I am hoping that maybe I will be able to have one in Feb!

Mhankins - That is intersecting about the bicornuate uterus and them not mention it previously? My sister was diagnosed with that, and it wasn't until 2 years after trying and going to get a second opinion that she found out that she doesn't have a bicornuate. My understanding is it shouldn't be the reason you you are not conceiving. She ended up just having a progesterone issue and is now 4 months pregnant. Hoping you have a similar outcome!

Savasanna - That is great your home study went well. I am praying that everything works out for you and you have a baby in your arms soon. I will have to go check out your journal when I have a second.

Jrepp - Can't believe how far you are already. How are you feeling?

Myshelsong - Sorry about the negative and the family cancelling on you. I know how much time at home along can mess with your mind and its always nice to have distractions. I am hoping that timing works in your favour and you get another IUI this cycle.

I am so sorry LovingMyLife! I can't imagine how you are feeling! I will be thinking about you! Like you said, stay optimistic.

Jrepp- All the DR said was that they would make sure I wouldn't have twins..idk.

Savasanna- I hope they call you right away! I am currently in my second month off of trying. I am due for my period around the 25th. Since I started clomid my cycle seems to be a little messed up so who knows..they are going to give me the same dose of clomid and throw in an ultrasound as well.

In the meantime... they are going to schedule me for an MRI to make sure I don't have a bicornuate uterus.. It just conserns me that nothing was ever mentioned to me about it before until I asked about the notes I saw from my HSG. It left me in a downward spiral today second guessing everything..At times I am determined not to give up and other times I am questioning if I am messing with things..Idk if that makes sense lol

I am so, so, so sorry, Loving. My heart absolutely breaks for you. Be kind to yourself this weekend. Know that we're all here thinking of you. Big, HUGE :hugs: to you.

Thank you for your support ladies. My fears were confirmed with an ultrasound this morning. The baby has stopped growing and no longer has a heartbeat. I am going to take pills that will bring on the miscarriage Friday night, so its not going to be a fun weekend for me.

I am trying to stay optimistic:
1) At least now I know that my body can get pregnant.
2) The doctor said I was able to get another IUI straight away. So I am hoping that maybe I will be able to have one in Feb!

Mhankins - That is intersecting about the bicornuate uterus and them not mention it previously? My sister was diagnosed with that, and it wasn't until 2 years after trying and going to get a second opinion that she found out that she doesn't have a bicornuate. My understanding is it shouldn't be the reason you you are not conceiving. She ended up just having a progesterone issue and is now 4 months pregnant. Hoping you have a similar outcome!

Savasanna - That is great your home study went well. I am praying that everything works out for you and you have a baby in your arms soon. I will have to go check out your journal when I have a second.

Jrepp - Can't believe how far you are already. How are you feeling?

Myshelsong - Sorry about the negative and the family cancelling on you. I know how much time at home along can mess with your mind and its always nice to have distractions. I am hoping that timing works in your favour and you get another IUI this cycle.

I am so incredibly sorry. My heart breaks for you! Miscarriage is rough (I've had 3) and wish you all the best as you go through such a difficult time. If you need anything or what to talk feel free to send me a private message or email me. My email is [email protected].

As for your question....I still have such extreme morning sickness. I can barely make it through the day. My belly is growing quite a bit but that's about it. I wouldn't really even know I was pregnant if it weren't for the puking and big belly.

I am so sorry LovingMyLife! I can't imagine how you are feeling! I will be thinking about you! Like you said, stay optimistic.

Jrepp- All the DR said was that they would make sure I wouldn't have twins..idk.

Savasanna- I hope they call you right away! I am currently in my second month off of trying. I am due for my period around the 25th. Since I started clomid my cycle seems to be a little messed up so who knows..they are going to give me the same dose of clomid and throw in an ultrasound as well.

In the meantime... they are going to schedule me for an MRI to make sure I don't have a bicornuate uterus.. It just conserns me that nothing was ever mentioned to me about it before until I asked about the notes I saw from my HSG. It left me in a downward spiral today second guessing everything..At times I am determined not to give up and other times I am questioning if I am messing with things..Idk if that makes sense lol

I don't understand why they aren't offering to repair it for you before they do the IUI.

They are doing the MRI to see if I have it or not.. In the notes from the HSG it said possible bicornuate uterus.. I guess the only way to know for sure is with an MRI.. I have it scheduled for Wed. next week... hoping I don't have that and can just move on..

I hope not as well. I had a HUGE septum (took up 95% of my uterus) which was removed. This baby implanted right where the septum used to be so we are thinking the 3 angel babies probably implanted there as well. Hopefully they figure it out and get you up and running!

Thank you Jrepp

I haven't asked why is it only an issue now that I asked? The notes from the HSG were there since we began this whole process...it was only until I was trying to pay a bill online that I saw the Dr's notes saying that... I just don't feel like calling them to ask lol... maybe next time I see them. Just haven't been in the mood for it lol

Hope you are all doing well!

LovingMyLife - OMG... I am soooo very sorry to hear this news. My prayers go out to you. Stay positive and dont beat yourself up love. If you need to talk we are here for you. :hugs:

Mhankins - keep us posted on the ovary siuation. Glad to hear your trip went good:hugs:

Myshelsong - I got my FX for when you start trying again:hugs:

Savasanna - Thats awesome @ licensed by 2/7. FX for you :thumbup:

Jrepp - I hope the morning sickness stops soon for you.

AFM - I have been very busy at work and experiencing evening sickness. I have been MIA for a couple weeks b/c I have been so tired I go to sleep after work. So here is the latest... I got released from RE at 11 weeks. Twins were measuring on target and HB was 175/178. My DH was trying to see if the HB would determine sex and doctor said that is not guaranteed to be a boy or girl based on HB alone. I then had my maternal fetal medicine appointment and here they do a 1st level u/s and I also found out my results for down syndrome and triosomy 18/13 was normal. So even with my age 35...I was showing results of a 20 year. That's how it was explained to me. I have been in pain a lot at night and doctor just thinks it because my uterus is expanding. I do get evening sickness minus the vomiting. I miss going to the RE weekly because it gave me reassurance that everything is okay. Some days I don't feel pregnant but my belly reminds me. Well that's me in a nut shell.

I'm sorry youre getting nauseous and in some pain. I'd imagine the stretching with twins is a lot more substantial than with just one.

I am still getting sick. Spend Tuesday at Ob intake after fainting Monday. It's a lot to handle but I'll make it through

Wow it had been awhile.

Want1 and Jreep glad the beans are doing well and you are both well.

Mhankins have you had you're Mri yet? I had one for my back last year so I can tell you from experience it is not painful, just a little claustrophobic ...

Loving, so sorry to hear about your loss. When is your next iui?

Afm we got another round of iui in. Jan 21 was the day, testing Tuesday. Unfortunately sa was again low however motility up, but still lower than normal. We are heading to Cuba on Feb 7 so hoping for good news. If not have the perfect reason to be drunk for a week. Time is inching along again for the beta. Hoping I don't drive myself crazy.

Fx for you Mysh!! You're half way there!

AFM - we're not going to be licensed by 2/7 afterall. Looking back that seemed a little wishful thinking, I suppose. Our training was canceled this past weekend due to weather and we're still waiting to hear from teh fire marshal to schedule the inspection. At this point I'm just hoping we're licensed by the end of February!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->