November 2014 IUI - Looking for buddies

Sorry Mhankins, that is crazy you ovulated so early!
Hopefully with monitoring they will see what is happening next month. Are you on medications?

Loving - Yes we will find out the genders but we will not tell anyone. We still have not even announced the pregnancy yet. Congratulations!! @ pregnancy. :happydance:
I wish I could stop progesterone. I hate it.

Mhankins - Yes @ gender, but will not tell anyone. Yes i would soooooo love a boy and girl. I am sorry you ovulated early this cycle. Thats why i think monitoring is good b/c it can detect these things i think better than pee sticks. Stay positive love! We are here for you. I am so happy they are adding u/s next cycle. :hugs:

Jrepp - sorry to hear you had to go to hospital for dehydration. Is there anything you can

Myshelsong - I am sorry dear! Stay positive! :hugs:

AFM - I started getting night sickness. Ugh. At our last appointment my husband was so excited about the babies growth that he wanted to celebrate so we went out for dinner. He ended up wanting cooked sushi which the place offered. We checked to make sure everything was cooked. I hate 2 pieces and that night I was SICK as a dog. I was in so much pain. I told my DH I will NOT eat cooked/fried sushi any more.

Ladies what's your thoughts on eating cooked sushi???

They gave me some anti nausea meds. I'm nervous to take them but the at least keep me from puking. I forgot them at home today though so it was a rough one.

Myshelsong- Yeah, I take Clomid days 3-7 and after IUI I did the progesterone capsules..ugh..lol

Savasanna- I knew I ovulated because when I wasn't sure what was going on with the test..since they were looking positive but I didn't think that was right.. They had me go in for blood work which actually showed I ovulated a couple days ago from that..I think they were a little surprised too haha..I blame the meds..

Jrepp- I hope the meds help! I don't know if your nervous about the meds because you are pregnant but it is probably better that you stay hydrated instead and it will have less stress on you both. I'm sure they wouldn't give you anything they didn't think was safe..

AFM- I am sort of relieved we aren't trying this month. I am a little disappointed, however, knowing we don't have to pay for the procedure or trying to schedule it between leaving for Florida, plus everything else going on I feel like I can relax.

Time to pack! We leave early early in the AM! If I am not on before I hope everyone has a Merry Chirstmas and a Happy New Year!

Hi, I am 33 and have been trying for less than obne year.
I did one IUI on december 5th and just learned that was not successful. Going through the second round in 10 days. I am being very moody, sensitive and depressed since my IUI has failed. I think its also the side effect of ferma. My mood is also effecting my husband and I dont know how to take charge of my emotion any more. I have very little hope that the next iui will ever work. Ladies, how do you cope with this. How can we pretend to work/friends/colleagues that everything is normal when is not.

Mhanks - Have a great vacation! Enjoy the sunshine and warmth!!

Soontobe - I'm not going to sugar coat it, it can be really challenging and unfortunately, there really isn't an answer for "how do you cope". :( For me, I don't even know how I did it.. After my first failed IUI I completely crumbled. It was the lowest of the low from this whole process.. Possibly even lower than when I found out I was miscarrying. Anyway - after that, I kind of thickened my skin up a bit and the losses after that got.. not easier.. but less devastating, I guess? In any event, the only advice I can really give is to be kind to yourself. It's ok to be moody. It's ok to be angry. It's ok to be ok and happy and enjoy yourself too. This is a hard hard ride and you just do whatever it is you need to do to get through it. That said, be kind to your husband too. He'll have his bad days and you need to let him process as he needs to.

I'm sorry this wasn't your cycle. I'll cross all my fingers and toes that your cycle will be soon. Feel free to continue posting here. This is a great group of ladies. :hugs:

Hello Soontobemaman!

I am sorry your first IUI didn't work. Mine didn't either and it was pretty hard to take. This is a hard journey we are on but, I find that it helps if I keep myself busy and stay as positive as possible. Sometimes hard, but I remind myself that being negative isn't going to change anything but my mood. I picked myself up and moved on to the next cycle. I tell myself it WILL happen and I will not give up! Fx for you this next cycle!

Savasanna- How is the fostering to adopt going? Have you decided no more iuis? Best of luck either way!

There is no secret to being happy and handling yourself during this, especially when one has already failed.
I am trying to not be sad for more than one day in a row. That doesn't always work especially when your husband says something stupid like "I think that the problem with last cycle is that you stressed too much" but hey, that is life and even your partner can be an asshole.

The Femera this month is really rocking my emotions. 7.5 vrs 5mg is making a big difference. Or maybe it is the season...

Don't you just want to wring your do's neck when they say something like that?

Mhankins - Have a great vacation! Enjoy it doll. :hugs:

Soon - Welcome! I am sorry to hear of your lose. I dont have experience in this area, however what i can say is don't beat yourself up or your husband. Just remember your both experiencing this journey together. FX the next cycle is yours. Keep your head up and stay positive. Like Savasanna said great group of ladies on this forum. :hugs:

We're still in the beginning stages of the application process. It will take some time before we are completely licensed. I'm hoping that it will happen by the end of February.. but I've been told that might be on the soon end of the spectrum. For now, we've done everything we can do. So now we're just waiting to hear from the fire marshall to schedule a fire inspection of our home and a licensing worker to schedule the first of many visits to complete our home study. I'm kind of figuring those things won't happen until after the New Year though.

I'm not sure where we stand on the IUIs. There's most likely going to be at least one more. My wife wants to do one in January.. I kind of want to wait until March. I don't want to do too many more IUIs though because.. honestly.. they're expensive and not working. There's only so many months I can continue to drop $1,500 for nothing. We found out my wife's insurance plan covers some of IVF so we're considering that as an option. I'm wondering if we should focus on this foster/adoption road as a first child, and then try IVF for a second. But all that is really up in the air.

But yes, there will be another IUI. Just don't know when.

Savasanna- I wish you the best! That is definitely a path for us if these IUI's don't work. We haven't put a certain number on it yet but I am sure we will know when it is time to try something else. One day this will all make sense and be worth it! Hopefully sooner than later! Do they do like personal interviews with you? I think about them not approving us or something because of that or that we are living in an apartment. I was scared of this route because I thought someone else was deciding whether I could be a mother or not but, I think I always make things seem worse than they actually are lol.. I hope this is an easy and quick process for you guys! Knowing you are doing it makes me feel better about it

Absolutely! And I'm not planning on completely disappearing from bnb either so I'm happy to answer any questions you may have!

We were like you said - we didn't put a number on the IUIs either. I think that would make them too stressful! We had thought about this for a long time, but decided against it for several reasons. Then, one day, we just knew it was time. We were a few days before an insemination when I called to sign us up for the next informational meeting. At first we were planning to continue trying monthly while we were going through the licensing process.. but, again, decided that wasn't going to be the plan. I think it's best to make these decisions as they come. Only you will know when something is or isn't right!

It's definitely already been an emotional process. Sometimes it's incredibly happy and exciting.. other times it's completely terrifying and pretty sad. This is a road to becoming a parent but it's also letting go (at least in part) of this dream of pregnancy. And of having an infant in your home who you know from the start will forever be part of your family. That can be tough. But, even through the sadness I know this is the right path for us. I'm picking out a crib right as we speak! :) :)

You have a bunch of interviews, yes. But they're not deciding whether you're "good enough" to be a mom. And families come in all sizes and types of housing! You do have to have certain things.. like a room for a child, but it's more just a process to make sure your home is safe. Like I said, we have to pass a fire inspection.. but even if you "fail" it, as long as it's not something dangerous you can just agree to fix it as soon as possible. For example - we were replacing our deck over the summer and didn't get around to putting the railings up yet. That will make us "fail" our inspection. But, as it's winter and we live in Maine that's not something we can fix right now so it will just be marked that we will put deck railings up by June (or whatever) and that should be enough to "pass".

We also had to put down three references who had to fill out a questionairre about us. We were finger printed to pass all the logical criminal and background tests. Pretty basic stuff. We have a training to attend at the end of January to cover all the details of foster care. And the home study is basically just to get to know you and your family. Again, they just want to make sure you're in a stable place in your life so that you will be able to provide a safe home for a child.

It sounds daunting but so does ttc before you start! haha. Once you jump in you just take it one step at a time.. again - just like ttc.

Hopefully this isn't something you'll have to think about, but in the event that you do it's not as scary as it seems at first. I always joke that maybe we'll be placed with a foster baby and find out I'm pregnant all at the same time. haha.

When do you leave for vacay?

Thanks you Savasanna, Myshelsong and Mhankins.
Its great to have support from all of you. I am so touched. Since I cant share my experience with any of my friends or family, this forum will be my only place to talk about my journey. I have done one acupuncture session yesterday and i will book another one after my IUI which is December 31th. The problem is the government is changing the coverage for IVF and IUI. So I am still not sure if my 3d iui was not successeful, should i move to IVF? because if I don't , soon the law will change and we have to cover all the costs of ivf. should i move to ivf if my second iui has failed?I heard that the medications are very strong and they change your mood in ivf that's the only reason im afraid of trying it. Ladies, what do you think i should do? continue 3 iui and then ivf? or 6 iui?

That's really something you need to sit down and decide with your husband what is best for you and your family.

I chose not to pursue IVF at this time for several reasons. It's incredibly expensive, a lot of meds to put in your body and a total emotional roller coaster. After all that, success still isn't guarenteed. I was at a point in my journey where I couldn't handle ping ponging between being so hopeful and so devastated anymore. I needed something concrete - even if it came with it's own baggage.

But that was my family and my choice. You need to sort out where you are in this journey. Whatever decision you make will be the right one.

If I were you I wouldn't stress on that right now. Just see how you feel if/when it is time to cross that bridge. Maybe you could reach out to some of the women on here (not this thread, obviously) who are currently going through IVF so you can learn about their experiences?

Also, I might be wrong but I thought most insurances required 3 IUIs before IVF would be covered? (Please don't quote me on that. I have no idea where I got that information from so it could be entirely false)

Thank you Savasanna.
I will take your advice and let time deicide what's the best option for us. I am going to relax during the holiday. I just hate it when people keep asking us are u pregnant:(

Soon - You have to decide whats right for you, your body and family. I know for me my insurance required 6 IUI before they would even cover IVF. I think everyone's insurance is different. What I can tell you is that my husband and I decide to go from medicated+ sex to medicated + IUI. We sat down and looked at the pro/con of things and our finances. I know some clinics/medical offices offer IVF programs where they give huge discounts but still the cost is like 5k. Like Savasanna said cross that bridge when you get there. You never know IUI just might work for you. Good Luck! :hugs: You will know what is best for your family.

I will have my second IUI in two days. I am hoping this one will work. Will keep you posted.
I can have IVF free of cost until april(they are changing the law). so its up to us to decide to move to ivf now or wait until we are done with IUIs.

Well I have to sit out another month.. This time I am more bummed. I got my period (which was very painful for the first 2 days again ) about a week early and because I can't have the doctor check my ovaries since we are still in Florida, I can't take the clomid. The hubby and I are both upset but we will get over it.. My cycle is all messed up now and I kind of feel like we should have tried unmedicated cycles or something first. So now we wait until Feb. Hope everyone has a wonderful new year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->